(UPDATE)Jaime Harrison ...."THE $100 MILLION MAN" ... THE FIRST US SENATE CANDIDATE EVER TO PASS THE $100MILLION MARK... MS Devereaux is terrified

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
1602416039164.jpg

South Carolina Senate candidate Jaime Harrison's campaign announced Sunday it raised $57 million in the third quarter of 2020, shattering the quarterly fundraising record for a Senate race set by Beto O'Rourke in 2018 by almost $20 million.

Why it matters: Harrison's massive fundraising hauls have fueled his run to unseat Sen. Lindsey Graham, a close ally of President Trump who is now facing the most competitive re-election race of his career. The outcome of the South Carolina contest could be pivotal in determining control of the Senate.

The state of play: Recent polling has indicated that the race is virtually tied. Graham and Harrison both received 48% of the vote in a Quinnipiac poll published in September.

By the numbers: Harrison's campaign said it received 1.5 million donations from 994,000 donors, with an average of $37 per gift. The campaign has raised $86 million total this cycle.

What they're saying: “This campaign is making history, because we’re focused on restoring hope back to South Carolina,” Guy King, Harrison's campaign spokesperson said.

• “While Lindsey Graham continues playing political games in Washington, Jaime Harrison is remaining laser-focused on the real issues impacting people here — like healthcare, broadband access, and COVID relief for businesses and families."
  • "After 25 years in Washington, Lindsey Graham has changed into someone voters no longer recognize, and these resources will be instrumental in our efforts to send Lindsey home in November.”

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
I hope all these republiklan crooks get booted, but I always look around. Not far away in Kentucky because of election tampering and voter suppression only about 29% of voters actually had their votes count. In a democratic state, two republiklan senators have held sway.

It's a lesson we must never forget: these motherfuckers are hellbent on keeping and expanding their power. They want nothing less than an authoritarian state. Think nazi Germany. The parallels are astonishing.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor

Scott reveals the Democratic Coalition’s latest report (embedded below) about Sen. Lindsey Graham’s (R-SC) Russian-linked donors and his role in accepting illegal foreign campaign donations funneled into his senatorial campaigns by the CEO of a virology research company who is now serving more than seven years in federal prison for the scheme. Graham helped the CEO obtain $19.6 million in spending earmarks, but the company has since folded after wasting millions on lobbying expenses and a real estate deal instead of research. Script

chemist

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Besides being Black (which is no longer a valid reason to vote for someone), what has he done that we should be excited for?

I've seen him on several shows and he's said absolutely nothing about what he's going to do to help Blacks in South Carolina. His main talking point is Lindsey has been in Washington for too long. Even Lawrence in the interview below brought up Black voters specifically twice and Jaime didn't reply to the question asked.

Last edited:

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
I've seen him on several shows and he's said absolutely nothing about what he's going to do to help Blacks in South Carolina. His main talking point is Lindsey has been in Washington for too long. Even Lawrence in the interview brought up Black voters specifically and Jamie didn't reply to the question asked.

welp, there you have it.

I knew he was suspect with the lack of facial hair
:smh:

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
I've seen him on several shows and he's said absolutely nothing about what he's going to do to help Blacks in South Carolina. His main talking point is Lindsey has been in Washington for too long. Even Lawrence in the interview below brought up Black voters specifically twice and Jaime didn't reply to the question asked.

it is south carolina. he is walking a razor. once he gets in he can address and manage that. but if he starts talking about that now he has no chance.

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

welp, there you have it.

I knew he was suspect with the lack of facial hair
:smh:
At a minimum, he'll be an additional vote for the George Floyd Justice in Policing Act and an additional vote for the Emmett Till Anti Lynching Act that Paul Rand has been blocking, another vote to increase mim wage to $15/hr and another vote to make Juneteenth a national holiday that Ron Johnson blocked :dunno:

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
If it’s in a SuperPac he keeps it and lives on it.

That’s why former VP Candidate Sarah Palin and her family are living the high life cuz of all that SuperPac money they got back in 2008.

That SCOTUS Citizens United case has made all these politicians filthy rich.
This 100%.

The regulations surrounding Super Pacs are loose and severely outdated. You can technically pay yourself a salary for life with Super Pac money and there are no regulations in place which stipulate when the operations must cease for a failed candidate.

The problem is, people just forget and move on. For example: I run, collect alot of money and lose. Most people do not think about the funds collected the day after the election.

However, in Jamie's case, he's a black man in South Carolina who broke campaign contribution records. People will be watching.

Last edited:

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
it is south carolina. he is walking a razor. once he gets in he can address and manage that. but if he starts talking about that now he has no chance.

That’s what I was thinking. Kat is already in a deep red state, so if brings up what he going to do for black folks, then it’s only going to trigger his opposition. Graham is already trying to use fearmongering as his offense when he mentioned BLM, rioting, and defunding the police during their debate.

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
2008 BGOL: He cant mention Black people "hE wIiL MeSs uP hIs chances oF ElecTIon" just wait til he gets elected

2012 BGOL: "Just wait, he has to get elected again first, then "He'Ll dO SoMeTHing AnD MeNtIon BlACk PEopLe"

2016 BGOL: "now that he'S OuTtA OffICe, We"LL sEe thE reAl MaN"

2020 BGOL: "He DIdnT HaVe to dO anyTHing because We didn't organize and asK hIM, BEsIdEs hE wAS poWErlEss aNywAz"
"VotE fOr tHE nExT GuY WhO AlSO AIn'T MeNtIOn Us"

2024: repeat repeat repeat

That’s what I was thinking. Kat is already in a deep red state, so if brings up what he going to do for black folks, then it’s only going to trigger his opposition. Graham is already trying to use fearmongering as his offense when he mentioned BLM, rioting, and defunding the police during their debate.
You can explain that to them a million times over and they'll pretend that they don't get it. Almost like the country isn't as racist as EVEN THEY KNOW it is.

I donated to the brother's campaign

ShortyCumStain

Rising Star
OG Investor
2008 BGOL: He cant mention Black people "hE wIiL MeSs uP hIs chances oF ElecTIon" just wait til he gets elected

2012 BGOL: "Just wait, he has to get elected again first, then "He'Ll dO SoMeTHing AnD MeNtIon BlACk PEopLe"

2020 BGOL: "He DIdnT HaVe to dO anyTHing because We didn't organize and asK hIM, BEsIdEs hE wAS poWErlEss aNywAz"

You're not wrong. :dunno:

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Never forget 2010 Midterm BGOL “ NoW WE haVE FiliBUsTErS!!!!!!”

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
As well as he is doing, I still don't see him knocking Blanche out of office....just giving him a scare.

I'm not a south carolinian....don't know south carolinians are or should be demanding from a possible freshman senator.....but I know IF he does get in, that would mean that Lady G is gone for a few years at least...and won't be there to chair the judiciary committee if the GOP keeps the Senate and he'll feel at least some amount of punishment for jumping on trumps nuts when his first Alpha died, and for lying really really loud and definitively about a trump SCOTUS nominee in the last year of trump's term.

That is enough for me to hope.

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor

So he can win if he mentions that he's going all out for black folks?

....Answer honestly.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered

....Answer honestly.
The point is, when can he say it or do it? We get this same song and dance all the time. This is not to say we won't or don't support brothers like Jamie. But the Democratic party has been running this game on us for 60 years. At some point, we have to expect some bold actions.

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
The point is, when can he say it or do it? We get this same song and dance all the time. This is not to say we won't or don't support brothers like Jamie. But the Democratic party has been running this game on us for 60 years. At some point, we have to expect some bold actions.

Since you jumped in. Will he win if he says that? Answer the question....honestly.

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster

....Answer honestly.
It doesn't have to be full level 10 Malcom X level of "going all out for Black folks". No.
But how about a level 3 4 or 5?

Says something for a man to use his Black skin to get votes, but to know use his Black voice for his people.

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
It doesn't have to be full level 10 Malcom X level of "going all out for Black folks". No.
But how about a level 3 4 or 5?

Says something for a man to use his Black skin to get votes, but to know use his Black voice for his people.

Could you describe what a 3, 4, or 5 would sound like? Give me an example. and Again, when you give me the example will he win?