UK: conservatives vote against free school meals this xmas

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
remember conservatives only worry about life before birth. After birth, it's every person for themself.
The lapse in logic makes me sick. Just by default, anyone who is against the availability of legal abortion should be pro-welfare. They should be the biggest fucking advocates. It's crazy they care more for fetuses than actual children. Just like conservatives claim to want freedom and personal choice but tend to be in favor of drug laws and keeping prostitution illegal. Same fucks want no masks and to put others at risk don't want people to smoke marijuana in private. :smh:

I wish I could thanos all those people out of existence.

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The lapse in logic makes me sick. Just by default, anyone who is against the availability of legal abortion should be pro-welfare. They should be the biggest fucking advocates. It's crazy they care more for fetuses than actual children. Just like conservatives claim to want freedom and personal choice but tend to be in favor of drug laws and keeping prostitution illegal. Same fucks want no masks and to put others at risk don't want people to smoke marijuana in private. :smh:

It’s a joke

london

Rising Star
Registered
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/10/23/...y-conservatives-coalition-spt-intl/index.html

Marcus Rashford takes UK child poverty policy into his own hands
By Simon Cullen and Ben Morse, CNN
Updated 8:40 AM EDT, Fri October 23, 2020

(CNN)After Conservative Party lawmakers voted down a scheme to provide free meals for hungry school children over Christmas, England international footballer Marcus Rashford is forging a national coalition to fill the void.
Rashford had been pressuring the government to extend the school meal voucher scheme during the school break. He had called for the government to extend a scheme to provide 1.5 million children with food vouchers during holidays until Easter 2021.
His campaigning led to a vote in the House of Commons -- via a motion put forward by the opposition Labour party - but it was defeated 322 votes to 261 on Wednesday. Prime Minister Boris Johnson was amongst those who voted against the proposal.

The Manchester United forward is now using his sizable social media following to promote businesses and councils who are offering free meals during the school break.
On Friday, Rashford retweeted dozens of offers around the country.
The Mayors of Liverpool and Greater Manchester both agreed to join the scheme early on Thursday.
READ: Marcus Rashford, the gifted Manchester United star who became a remarkable activist
Rashford scores a penalty against Belgium at Wembley Stadium.
Thousands of children in the UK receive free school meals due to their low income, but there is growing concern that when school is finishes for the Christmas holidays, the meals will end and children may go hungry.
Rashford himself was a recipient of free school meals as a child. Earlier this year, the 22-year-old forced the UK government to reverse its decision to not extend free school meal vouchers throughout the summer holidays amid the pandemic.
READ: Premier League facing backlash over $19 pay-per-view charge
As a result, he was recently awarded an MBE for his work tackling food poverty. He also promised to keep up the fight and urged politicians to unite behind the effort.
Dan Wright contributed to this reportMarcus Rashford takes UK child poverty policy into his own hands
By Simon Cullen and Ben Morse, CNN
Updated 8:40 AM EDT, Fri October 23, 2020

(CNN)After Conservative Party lawmakers voted down a scheme to provide free meals for hungry school children over Christmas, England international footballer Marcus Rashford is forging a national coalition to fill the void.

Rashford had been pressuring the government to extend the school meal voucher scheme during the school break. He had called for the government to extend a scheme to provide 1.5 million children with food vouchers during holidays until Easter 2021.

His campaigning led to a vote in the House of Commons -- via a motion put forward by the opposition Labour party - but it was defeated 322 votes to 261 on Wednesday. Prime Minister Boris Johnson was amongst those who voted against the proposal.

The Manchester United forward is now using his sizable social media following to promote businesses and councils who are offering free meals during the school break.

On Friday, Rashford retweeted dozens of offers around the country.

The Mayors of Liverpool and Greater Manchester both agreed to join the scheme early on Thursday.

READ: Marcus Rashford, the gifted Manchester United star who became a remarkable activist

Thousands of children in the UK receive free school meals due to their low income, but there is growing concern that when school is finishes for the Christmas holidays, the meals will end and children may go hungry.

Rashford himself was a recipient of free school meals as a child. Earlier this year, the 22-year-old forced the UK government to reverse its decision to not extend free school meal vouchers throughout the summer holidays amid the pandemic.

READ: Premier League facing backlash over $19 pay-per-view charge

As a result, he was recently awarded an MBE for his work tackling food poverty. He also promised to keep up the fight and urged politicians to unite behind the effort.

Dan Wright contributed to this report

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member

I've said this many times, people think it's a bad thing for the government to help its citizens but have no problem with corporations lying,cheating and stealing people's money. And,when these same corporations fuck them over,they want to say "Fuck these corporations " and want to take their anger out on folks....

It makes no sense that children get screwed over by a group of people that cares more about helping corporations than them.

KRAYZIE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I've said this many times, people think it's a bad thing for the government to help its citizens but have no problem with corporations lying,cheating and stealing people's money. And,when these same corporations fuck them over,they want to say "Fuck these corporations " and want to take their anger out on folks....

It makes no sense that children get screwed over by a group of people that cares more about helping corporations than them.
You know, people talk shit about Ayn Rand, but atlas shrugged described this shit for what it is, statism !

illdog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
These rich white conservative christians kill me...they don't believe any of the shit they programed us with..“Now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.” - Apostle Paul

giphy.gif

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
I thought the UK conservatives were a bit more to the left than their American counterparts.