TV SHOWS / SERIES - Seen any good ones lately? Please feel free to post reviews / feedback / trailers / articles / TV news / all that shit ...

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
Rules of The Game

It’s not personal, it’s just business, right? Under a company’s shiny happy surface, a new recruit cracks open the doors of a hidden scandal.

BBC spittin em out ....:yes:

f4bb429ebc758927b0fd548ed4d36e58.png

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Enjoyed the most recent season of MTV's The Challenge. Prize money at the end for the winning team of 2 was $1 million. They were able to choose to keep it all, or split it up with the runners-up (2 teams of 2 competitors apiece). They made a classy move and kept 800k (400 each) & gave the remaining 4 people 50k apiece. One of the winners had already won a nice chunk of change the season prior. Plus, it's one of those games wherein you are competing solo, in pairs, or in larger teams. So bonds are formed along the way. It's not just every person out for their own 'self. Game switches up on you a number of times.

First 2 eps of season 2 of The Righteous Gemstones was quite funny, as expected. Great to have the new additions to the cast. And lol @ the dark past of Goodman's "Eli Gemstone" character. Taking it all the way back to 50+ years ago.

Wrapped up season 2 of Goliath. Season 2, episode 7 was wild. Felt like a standalone episode for the first 35 - 40 mins. Then it backtracked 24 hours for the final 15 - 20 minutes or so. 3 notable guest actors on that episode.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

Miriam-McDonald-Degrassi-Writers-Made-Emma-Anorexic-Amid-My-IRL-Battle-Promo.jpg

Miriam McDonald

“Incredible news! ,” McDonald commented via Instagram.

Would make sense if Emma and Spinner's kid(s) be one of the new main characters..

p5ych3

Curry Is My God
BGOL Patreon Investor
Co sign. It wrapped up nicely......I didn't check how much gold it was, but are they trillionares now?

Money Heist
Part 5 - 2nd Half Series Finale.

9/10

Not going to give anything away, but this was a damn good series finale and wrapped up everything perfectly.

Part 5 gave us the full story on the Spanish Mint Heist and how it was planned prior to the first heist.

Watching how it was planned out was absurd when you watch it. I will say there was a different motive for the Spanish Mint heist than what what we the audience was led to believe. It will get you thinking on how things are playing out in real life when it comes to money and government.

Very good series. Well written and played out brilliantly.

If you like a series that will play with your head, I highly recommend watching this.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Got some nice pics on her IG page..

Her and Cassie Steele can both get it.

Cassie's sister is also fine (Alexa Steele)

original.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

dbluesun

Rising Star
Platinum Member

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Outstanding! I'll be looking forward to seeing his performances and what it'll add to the show. :yes:

Congrats to The White Lotus Season-Two Cast on Its Alleged Italian Vacation
By Rebecca Alter

324253abbf8a97345763aee0a283f3adb6-the-white-lotus.rsquare.w330.jpg

Photo: Mario Perez/HBO

Despite the inevitably negative Tripadvisor reviews that probably followed the incidents of season one, more and more people are checking in to The White Lotus. According to The Hollywood Reporter, actors F. Murray Abraham, Adam DiMarco, Tom Hollander, and Haley Lu Richardson have joined the cast of the HBO show’s second season as series regulars.

It was previously reported that Michael Imperioli and Aubrey Plaza will also be joining the ensemble, and Jennifer Coolidge will be making her rightful return. THR’s sources say the second season will take place at a White Lotus resort in Italy, so congrats to all of these people on getting to film somewhere beautiful. We even got character descriptions for the new recruits that led us to believe the second season will keep exploring themes like intergenerational masculinity crisis and the dark truths of girlbossery:

Abraham will play “Bert Di Grasso, an elderly man traveling with his son and grandson.”

DiMarco will be said grandson, “a recent college grad” (Imperioli was previously announced as the middle generation in this lineup).
Hollander will be “Quentin, an English expat who is vacationing with his friends and his nephew.”

And Richardson will play “Portia, a young woman who is traveling with her boss.”

It’s all so delightfully murder-mystery party, is it not?

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
The Righteous Gemstones' 2nd season continues to be good. 3 eps in thus far.

1883 had a really good 5th episode. They're at the midway point of the season.

Got a few episodes to go with Landscapers (4-part HBO miniseries). Very well acted & stylistic the way it's shot.

Looking forward to Ozark's return this Friday.

Catching up on The Challenge: All Stars' 2nd season. Always impressed by the stunts and challenges they include. They must budget a good amount for their production crew & safety measures in place (harnesses, rigs, etc). Interesting seeing the flashback photos and clips of the contestants when they competed on other seasons stretching anywhere from 10 - 20 years ago at times. An older average age too compared to the regular The Challenge series which is a mainstay on MTV. This one's on Paramount+ or track it down online methods, lol.

The Tourist is off to a good start. Mentioned it earlier in this thread some weeks back. Going to continue with that one soon.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

Congrats to The White Lotus Season-Two Cast on Its Alleged Italian Vacation
By Rebecca Alter

324253abbf8a97345763aee0a283f3adb6-the-white-lotus.rsquare.w330.jpg

Photo: Mario Perez/HBO

Despite the inevitably negative Tripadvisor reviews that probably followed the incidents of season one, more and more people are checking in to The White Lotus. According to The Hollywood Reporter, actors F. Murray Abraham, Adam DiMarco, Tom Hollander, and Haley Lu Richardson have joined the cast of the HBO show’s second season as series regulars.

It was previously reported that Michael Imperioli and Aubrey Plaza will also be joining the ensemble, and Jennifer Coolidge will be making her rightful return. THR’s sources say the second season will take place at a White Lotus resort in Italy, so congrats to all of these people on getting to film somewhere beautiful. We even got character descriptions for the new recruits that led us to believe the second season will keep exploring themes like intergenerational masculinity crisis and the dark truths of girlbossery:

Abraham will play “Bert Di Grasso, an elderly man traveling with his son and grandson.”

DiMarco will be said grandson, “a recent college grad” (Imperioli was previously announced as the middle generation in this lineup).
Hollander will be “Quentin, an English expat who is vacationing with his friends and his nephew.”

And Richardson will play “Portia, a young woman who is traveling with her boss.”

It’s all so delightfully murder-mystery party, is it not?
Had no idea Haley is from here in Phoenix..

haley-lu-richardson-2019-critics-choice-awards-15.jpg

mcf53x0ri6p21.jpg

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Trying to clear the decks before the new season of The Ozarks drops on Netflix,but the season finale of Yellowjackets was very good.One survivor twist was predictable but in a good way,but definitely suspenseful for the most part.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
I was watching Netflix last night and went back through the list of episodes and only saw six listed. :eek2: :confused:
I know that there were ten while I was watching it. I don't know what happened there but I figure that much of the second season is already in the can and was put up prematurely or something. :dunno:

I watched an old Ricky Gervais show called "Extras." I never saw this when it originally aired and never heard of it. I was in Afghanistan at the time.
That show is funny. He has a few of this cast in his more recent show called "After Life," which I enjoyed also.

Season 3 of After Life just started. I'm four episodes in right now.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Trying to clear the decks before the new season of The Ozarks drops on Netflix,but the season finale of Yellowjackets was very good.One survivor twist was predictable but in a good way,but definitely suspenseful for the most part.

Looking forward to checking out part 1 of the final season of Ozark soon. Gonna be great.

Been meaning to add Yellowjackets to the rotation. Lots of good buzz from the podcasters & media critics on sites of late. Been seeing all the article headlines, but being careful not to spoil anything in case I eventually check the series out.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Season 3 of After Life just started. I'm four episodes in right now.

After Life is a British black comedy-drama streaming television series created, written, produced, and directed by Ricky Gervais, who plays lead character Tony Johnson. It premiered on 8 March 2019 on Netflix. The second series premiered on 24 April 2020. The third and final season premiered on 14 January 2022.

Set in the fictional town of Tambury, After Life follows newspaper writer Tony Johnson, whose life is turned upside down after his wife ...

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ozark season 4 is off to a great start with the usual great performances.
The suspense is in place but it's the themes of how long a character will be tolerated,kissed or killed and how most of the characters are walking on the razors edge are truly what makes this show mesmerizing.
Some of the characters may have the balls to give the brutal Cartels the brush off but in the end without the man power or security they are just begging to be made memories.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
Ozark season 4 is off to a great start with the usual great performances.
The suspense is in place but it's the themes of how long a character will be tolerated,kissed or killed and how most of the characters are walking on the razors edge are truly what makes this show mesmerizing.
Some of the characters may have the balls to give the brutal Cartels the brush off but in the end without the man power or security they are just begging to be made memories.
Anybody know when Part 2 will be released?

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Finished season 2 of The Challenge: All Stars. Pretty good. They still do a really good job with their music selections for the show. Check out the Spotify list below and scroll down, haha.

Also, have seen the first 3 (of 6) episodes of The Tourist. Shalom Brune-Franklin is super fine. Best character on the show is the big bearded guy. Good tension with his interactions with people.

SHALOM_100122_23747573-high_res-the-tourist_L.jpg

the-tourist-shalom-t.webp

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Really enjoyed part 1 of the final season of Ozark. Watched it over the course of 3 days. Good new additions to the cast with a few key characters. Also, that interesting contrast of personalities between Marty & Wendy, and Julia Garner as "Ruth" reminding you why she's won awards for that role. Liked seeing her show off the acting chops in that 7th episode. The series maintains that steady tension throughout.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Space Force

6.5/10

This is a satire sitcom of the newly formed US Space Force.

The show is funny, but its not flat out funny.

The premise of the show is Steve Carell's General Naird who is promoted to 4 star general and then drafted to head the new Space Force as it's first Chief. The show is mainly about him and his interactions with the Joint Chiefs of Staff, colleagues and his personal life that affects his decisions on his job.

The show gives comedy toward the military that active duty and veterans will get. They do a decent job of doing it so folks with no experience with the military will understand, but there are inside jokes. The scenes with the Joint Chiefs are some of the best scenes.

They make fun of politics that are involved with space exploration and various social and cultural issues. They have a female politician modelled after US Rep. Alexandria Cortez. John malkovich co-stars and gives a good performance doing a slight satire of "Dr. Strangelove".

Other actors are good and are cast well for the parts they play. Fred Willard co-stars in it and passed away before the show airs. They give a tribute at the start of episode one. Not sure how they will handle his character in season 2.

The show is laced with jokes against Trump and his wife done in a subtle way on showing how ignorant he is.

For the keyboard militants, Malkovich character is gay, nothing is shown. And there is some growing interracial tension between the black female helicopter pilot and the asian male scientist.

There is no eye candy on the show.

It's a good show to watch, not sure if you want to binge it like I did. It's no better or worse than other sitcom's out there.

There are 10 episodes at 30 minutes each.

If you are a big fan of Steve Carell's work from SNL, The Daily Show and The Office, you will enjoy this.

Synopsis

Space Force is a workplace comedy series that centers on a group of people tasked with establishing the sixth branch of the United States Armed Forces, the United States Space Force. Carell's character, Mark Naird, is the general in charge of the effort and the series follows his collaboration to get "boots on the moon" per the orders of the President.

steve_carell.jpg

Season One

Season 2
Debuts February 18, 2022

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Finished season 2 of The Challenge: All Stars. Pretty good. They still do a really good job with their music selections for the show. Check out the Spotify list below and scroll down, haha.

Also, have seen the first 3 (of 6) episodes of The Tourist. Shalom Brune-Franklin is super fine. Best character on the show is the big bearded guy. Good tension with his interactions with people.

SHALOM_100122_23747573-high_res-the-tourist_L.jpg

the-tourist-shalom-t.webp

First off she is lovely

I used to watch every single season of the challenge

But their drunken petty foolishness finally got the best of me and I cut them off damn near 10 years ago. I keep wanting to just take peek back into that world.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Looking forward to checking out part 1 of the final season of Ozark soon. Gonna be great.

Been meaning to add Yellowjackets to the rotation. Lots of good buzz from the podcasters & media critics on sites of late. Been seeing all the article headlines, but being careful not to spoil anything in case I eventually check the series out.

I am about to impart on either yellow jacket or Ozarks.

But the hype for both is so intense...

(That is why I never watched succession because EVERYONE said I would love it. And honestly they were right. I was addicted to the show from the first episode)

I want to make sure I'm going in realistic expectations

Especially yellow jackets.

Ozarks just keeps getting lost in the wave of new shows.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
First off she is lovely

I used to watch every single season of the challenge

But their drunken petty foolishness finally got the best of me and I cut them off damn near 10 years ago. I keep wanting to just take peek back into that world.

Yeah - she's real nice. Pretty good series. We've seen 5 of 6 episodes thus far.

The Challenge is worth re-looking into. Either the regular series on MTV, or the All-Stars version (2 seasons so far) on Paramount+.

All-Stars version is interesting in that they're an older group, and many of them initially date back 10 - 20 years ago when they first debuted on the show. Pretty wild when you see a flashback to them at 20-something to late-30s or 40'ish now. Realize how long-running a franchise it is (kinda like Survivor, Amazing Race, Big Brother when you think about it).