TV SHOWS / SERIES - Seen any good ones lately? Please feel free to post reviews / feedback / trailers / articles / TV news / all that shit ...

Gye78

International
International Member
Anyone check out the series Startup in recent years? Talked to a coworker and he binged a number of episodes this past weekend after a recommendation from one of his friends. He's really enjoying it thus far ... watching it on Prime.

StartUp is an American web television drama series created by Ben Ketai that premiered on September 6, 2016 on Crackle. The series stars Adam Brody, Edi Gathegi, Otmara Marrero, Martin Freeman, Ron Perlman, Addison Timlin, and Mira Sorvino. On November 15, 2017, the series was renewed for a third season which was released on November 1, 2018.

StartUp follows "the emergence of GenCoin, a brilliant yet controversial tech idea centered on digital currency — an idea that gets incubated on the wrong side of the tracks by three strangers who don’t necessarily fit the mold of 'tech entrepreneurs' and a crooked FBI agent who will go to any lengths to take them down."[1]

Recommended viewing.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Been enjoying The Falcon and The Winter Soldier.

Been checking out the eps late on Friday nights.

Also been checking out Big Brother Canada, NCAA basketball & AEW wrestling per usual when they air. Always DVR stuff to skip all ads.

Great OT buzzer beater in the UCLA-Gonzaga game earlier tonight.

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator

:giggle: ..gonna put it in the trap ...lol

3bed5bd4256d22fae2f7084cf85972e4.png

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
That looks interesting. I'll be peepin' for that tomorrow.
I watched the first two episodes last night. This is what Tariq wishes the Hidden Colors series and 1804 actually were.

This is very well done and it covers a lot of ground over several centuries. One minute, you're watching how the trade routes were established, and then are transported to something that happened later during the Civil War Era that is directly or indirectly tied to an event from a century earlier.

I love the graphics and the narration and the backstory of how this production even came about.

It's not vicious on CACs but just raw truth about the history of colonialization, slavery, and extermination. He pulls back the covers and exposes the global structure of White Supremacy from its infancy.

This should be required viewing for History classes starting in Middle School, IMHO.

@slam consider putting THIS one in the trap Bruh.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I watched the first two episodes last night. This is what Tariq wishes the Hidden Colors series and 1804 actually were.

This is very well done and it covers a lot of ground over several centuries. One minute, you're watching how the trade routes were established, and then are transported to something that happened later during the Civil War Era that is directly or indirectly tied to an event from a century earlier.

I love the graphics and the narration and the backstory of how this production even came about.

It's not vicious on CACs but just raw truth about the history of colonialization, slavery, and extermination. He pulls back the covers and exposes the global structure of White Supremacy from its infancy.

This should be required viewing for History classes starting in Middle School, IMHO.

@slam consider putting THIS one in the trap Bruh.
yeah this and Untold History Of the US should be in schools

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
I forgot to add Josh Hartnett being the time-traveling face of the oppressor. His traveling with that Priest seemed to play out the oppressor's fears to a tee.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Good 2nd season thus far for City on a Hill (2 episodes in)

Finished the 1st season and about 1/3 the way through season 2 of You. When it's good, it's solid. When it's cheesy, it's really bad, lol.

Going to resume The Serpent next week

slam

Super Moderator
Peggy has a new show out ...lol

actually looks entertaining ...some good people in too...

was on the fence till the trailer even tho it showed half the series... :lol:

Black chick a cutie too...:yes:

Inspired by the life of Erin Brockovich today, Annie “Rebel” Bello is a blue-collar legal advocate without a law degree. She’s a funny, messy, brilliant and fearless woman who cares desperately about the causes she fights for and the people she loves. When Rebel applies herself to a fight she believes in, she will win at almost any cost.

25a56f0f31101cd5debfdf6a80c4297c.png

slam

Super Moderator
Just added Them in the trap for those who dont have prime... :yes:

Horror anthology series. The first season titled “Them: Covenant” is set in 1953 and centers around Alfred and Lucky Emory, who decide to move their family from North Carolina to an all-white Los Angeles neighborhood. The family’s home on a tree lined, seemingly idyllic street becomes ground zero where malevolent forces both real and supernatural threaten to taunt, ravage and destroy them.

e3b609987a242f0433e64925d0fcf4af.jpg

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
Just added Them in the trap for those who dont have prime... :yes:

Horror anthology series. The first season titled “Them: Covenant” is set in 1953 and centers around Alfred and Lucky Emory, who decide to move their family from North Carolina to an all-white Los Angeles neighborhood. The family’s home on a tree lined, seemingly idyllic street becomes ground zero where malevolent forces both real and supernatural threaten to taunt, ravage and destroy them.

e3b609987a242f0433e64925d0fcf4af.jpg

I started this one last night. I'm four episodes in...fell asleep on 5 and 6 until Prime timed out. :lol:

Combine Us with Lovecraft Country and this is what you come up with. So far, so good.

slam

Super Moderator

Delilah left a demanding white-shoe law firm a decade ago and hung up her own shingle so she could make raising her kids her number one priority. Now she takes on cases the big firms ignore and finds herself, more often than not, going head-to-head with the powerful and privileged as she fights for the disenfranchised.

:yes:

f0e7cca73e49699b3947be3d2260718c.png

looks like they have some serious eye candy in this series....:jackoff:

check the trap if u need it ...:yes:

a2bd9f1374627362.gif
a2bd9f1374627362.gif

tumblr_myyj01eybo1r6vb2co1_1280.png

:inlove:

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
THEM

PREPARE TO BE TRIGGERED !! Im 5 episodes in on this series Based in the 1950's THEM is about an African American family that moves into an all white neighborhood who are not only threatened by something that may be otherwordly but truly threatened by their racist and prejudice neighbors.
Not sure if i will finish the series

SNABBA CASH

Pretty slick and intense Swedish mini series on Netflix about a single mom trying to get ahead in business and her family ties to a drug gang.
The gun fights are great !!

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Finished Snabba Cash and liked it, only 6 eps and 1 of few shows I've seen where the startup scene and the streets are intertwined and the only 1 based in Stockholm. Also love to see a much more diverse cast than usual swedish tv/film with Kurds, Congolese, lebanese etc. in the cast

THEM

PREPARE TO BE TRIGGERED !! Im 5 episodes in on this series Based in the 1950's THEM is about an African American family that moves into an all white neighborhood who are not only threatened by something that may be otherwordly but truly threatened by their racist and prejudice neighbors.
Not sure if i will finish the series

SNABBA CASH

Pretty slick and intense Swedish mini series on Netflix about a single mom trying to get ahead in business and her family ties to a drug gang.
The gun fights are great !!

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
That was an action-packed first episode. I'm going to enjoy this one and I think y'all will too.

It has its subtle messages that parallel current social issues but I don't think we'll ever get away from that anymore.

This episode will reach out, grab you, and draw you in real quick. :yes:
Thanks fam. I will check it out