TV SHOWS / SERIES - Seen any good ones lately? Please feel free to post reviews / feedback / trailers / articles / TV news / all that shit ...

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
Not sure about this one ...any reviews...?

9c4eb28907284d8b30b064a727e7949a.jpg

An elite FBI code breaker unlocks a covert hit list and quickly becomes a target himself, as he tries to prevent the shadowy killings from happening.

slam

Super Moderator

Desperate for a hit, Aretha travels to Muscle Shoals in 1967 to record her first album with Atlantic Records. After suffering the loss of her surrogate mother, Little Re braves her first solo in 1953, in her father’s, C.L. Franklin, church.

5a28eb57458a2b151b0608ba4281ba40.png

:yes:

havelcok

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I suggest you guys pass on Indias version of House of Cards...I didn't like it

But....

SACRED GAMES.... that a different ball game considering I vividly remember the Bombay bombings of the 90's and just started season 2 on Netflix

I strongly recommend SACRED GAMES.

Once done with India will probably move to Korea and Japan hopefully they will have decent shows worth watching.

binged sacred games

def worth the watch

top notch series

slam

Super Moderator

The lives of a rockstar who seems to have it all and a young rookie kid who idolizes him collide through their broken homes built by the music business.

might put it in the trap ...:yes:

40h8.png

slam

Super Moderator
DOTA Dragons Blood

After encounters with a dragon and a princess on her own mission, a Dragon Knight becomes embroiled in events larger than he could have ever imagined.

Screenshot-2021-03-25-Dota-Dragon-s-Blood-2021.png

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member

The lives of a rockstar who seems to have it all and a young rookie kid who idolizes him collide through their broken homes built by the music business.

40h8.png

The lead singer dude was in this movie a few years back called American Satan. He played the lead singer in a band that signed a deal with the devil and they had to "make sacrifices" to come up.
Denise Richards played his mom, and looked every bit of it. My how the white she-devils have fallen. Yeesshhh.

Last edited:

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
bella thorne and olivia culpo huh

40h8.png

slam

Super Moderator

Based on the eponymous comic book, Invincible revolves around Mark Grayson, a normal teenager except for the fact that his father is the most powerful superhero on the planet. Shortly after his 17th birthday, Mark begins to develop powers of his own and enters into his father’s tutelage.

a3e707d17a4b05f42133ea86e31fe575.png

:yes:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
and Cameron Boyce..mustve been the last thing he worked on before he died

Condolences to his family. So young. He was a class act at 20yo.

On July 6, 2019, Boyce was found unresponsive at his home in Los Angeles. Authorities were called, and he was pronounced dead at the scene.[31] According to a statement made by Boyce's family, Boyce died in his sleep "due to a seizure which was a result of an ongoing medical condition for which he was being treated".[2][32] An autopsy was performed, but release of a cause of death was deferred pending further investigation.[33] On July 9, 2019, Boyce's family confirmed that his death was caused by an epileptic seizure and that Boyce had previously been diagnosed with epilepsy.[34] The autopsy results were released by the Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner-Coroner on July 30, 2019, confirming Boyce's cause of death was due to sudden unexpected death in epilepsy.[35] His body was cremated and his ashes returned to his family.[36]

In the span of 40 days in 2017, Boyce helped raise over $27,000 for the Thirst Project, which helps bring clean water to underdeveloped countries.[37] In September 2019, Thirst Project officially changed the name of the Pioneering Spirit Award to the Cameron Boyce Pioneering Spirit Award, to honor his work with the organization.[38]

He also supported United Way of America's initiative to end homelessness. He helped raise money for the HomeWalk in 2015, and continued to do so up until the end of his life.[39] In May 2019, he participated in the opening ceremony of the 12th annual HomeWalk in downtown Los Angeles, one of the largest public events to end homelessness in the United States.[40]

Boyce also worked closely with It's On Us, a social movement created to raise awareness and fight against sexual assault on college campuses for both men and women.[41]

He also worked with the Lucstrong Foundation, which provides grants to families with children who are diagnosed with sickle cell disease and are going through the bone marrow transplant process.[42]

His final humanitarian project was called Wielding Peace, a social media campaign in conjunction with Delaney Tarr, co-founder of March for Our Lives. In Boyce's own words, the campaign would "help fight against gun violence by showing celebrities and survivors 'wielding' a new kind of weapon — one of unity."[43]

Following Boyce's death in 2019, The Cameron Boyce Foundation, a nonprofit organization, was founded in Los Angeles through Network for Good that provides young people artistic and creative outlets as alternatives to violence and negativity and uses resources and philanthropy for positive change in the world.[44]

On July 25, 2019, the foundation disclosed the first project to be carried out was Wielding Peace, which officially launched on August 16, 2019.[45][46] The foundation later donated $8,000 to Thirst Project to build a well in Uganda.[47]

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Checked out the first 3 eps of season 5 of Peaky Blinders.

Also, been getting into the series You. 6 eps so far in recent weeks. Gonna wrap up the 1st season and check out the 2nd over the next few months. Keep it as part of the rotation. Very good role for Penn Badgley. He's very unassuming as he's not a menacing presence & the narration is great. The show goes over the top with the silliness at times. You have to suspend your disbelief ... but overall it's still a good watch. It's definitely at its best with the close calls and "calm under pressure" approach.

You is an American psychological thriller television series developed by Greg Berlanti and Sera Gamble. Produced by Warner Horizon Television, in association with Alloy Entertainment and A&E Studios, the first season is based on the 2014 novel by Caroline Kepnes and follows Joe Goldberg, a New York bookstore manager and serial killer who falls in love with a customer named Guinevere Beck and quickly develops an extreme, toxic, and delusional obsession. The second season follows ...

The first season, which was released in 2018, stars Penn Badgley, Elizabeth Lail, Luca Padovan, Zach Cherry, and Shay Mitchell. For the second season, Ambyr Childers was upgraded to a series regular, joining newly cast Victoria Pedretti, James Scully, Jenna Ortega, and Carmela Zumbado.

The series premiered on Lifetime on September 9, 2018, in the United States and streaming on Netflix internationally on December 26, 2018. The series attracted a limited audience on Lifetime before becoming more popular and a critical success for Netflix, with over 43 million viewers having streamed the first season after its debut on the streaming service.[3][4] Lifetime announced that You had been renewed for a second season based on Kepnes' follow-up novel Hidden Bodies, on July 26, 2018, ahead of the series premiere. In December 2018, it was announced that the series would move to Netflix as a Netflix Original title. The second season was released exclusively on Netflix on December 26, 2019.[5] In January 2020, the series was renewed for a third season by Netflix, which is set to be released in 2021, with Badgley and Pedretti both reprising their roles.[6][7]

Last edited:

slam

Super Moderator
Question for the fam' - mom bought herself a Macbook this past week. It came with a year of Apple TV+. She isn't sure what's worth checking out on the platform. I recommended Ted Lasso to add to her rotation. Any other suggestions I should send her way?

Def Lasso...i watched it again the other day for the 4th time in one sitting ...luv tht show ... :yes:

Not knowing what she likes ...Try these ...:cool:

"See"
is an epic post apocalyptic drama where the world has been wiped out by a virus. There are survivors, but all of the survivors have been rendered blind. The second season of "See" will premiere this fall.

"Truth Be Told," previously known as "Are You Sleeping," is a drama that is based on a novel by Kathleen Barber. It focuses on the story of a podcast that reopens a murder case, similar to popular podcast "Serial."

"Servant" is a horror thriller produced by M. Night Shyamalan, who has also directed a few of the episodes. The series follows a Philadelphia couple who are in mourning after losing their child. Their baby, Jericho, is replaced by a reborn doll that the mother thinks is real, and a strange nanny, Leanne, is hired to look after the doll. After Leanne arrives, bizarre things start happening to the family.

"Amazing Stories" is a science fiction and horror anthology series that was created by Steven Spielberg, which ran from 1985 to 1987. Apple has teamed up with Spielberg to revive the show.

The show focuses on a new topic each episode, similar to "Black Mirror" and "Twilight Zone." Apple says that each episode of the series is designed to "transport the audience to worlds of wonder through the lens of today's most imaginative filmmakers, directors and writers."

"Defending Jacob"
is a thriller based on the best selling William Landay novel of the same name. The show is a drama series that unfolds around a shocking crime in a small Massachusetts town, following a district attorney who is torn between his love for his son and his duty to uphold justice.

"Tehran,"
an espionage thriller made in partnership with an Israeli TV producer, tells the story of a Mossad agent who goes deep undercover on a dangerous mission in Tehran that places everyone around her in dire jeopardy.

Psychological thriller "Losing Alice" is described as a "thrilling cinematic journey that uses flashbacks and flash-forwards in a satisfyingly complex narrative that takes the viewer through the conscious and subconscious of its protagonist's mind."

They recently put out some good Movies too ...Like Cherry n Palmer ...the movie with Sam Jackson n Anthony Mackie..

to name a few ...:yes:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Def Lasso...i watched it again the other day for the 4th time in one sitting ...luv tht show ... :yes:

Not knowing what she likes ...Try these ...:cool:

"See" is an epic post apocalyptic drama where the world has been wiped out by a virus. There are survivors, but all of the survivors have been rendered blind. The second season of "See" will premiere this fall.

"Truth Be Told," previously known as "Are You Sleeping," is a drama that is based on a novel by Kathleen Barber. It focuses on the story of a podcast that reopens a murder case, similar to popular podcast "Serial."

"Servant" is a horror thriller produced by M. Night Shyamalan, who has also directed a few of the episodes. The series follows a Philadelphia couple who are in mourning after losing their child. Their baby, Jericho, is replaced by a reborn doll that the mother thinks is real, and a strange nanny, Leanne, is hired to look after the doll. After Leanne arrives, bizarre things start happening to the family.

"Amazing Stories" is a science fiction and horror anthology series that was created by Steven Spielberg, which ran from 1985 to 1987. Apple has teamed up with Spielberg to revive the show.

The show focuses on a new topic each episode, similar to "Black Mirror" and "Twilight Zone." Apple says that each episode of the series is designed to "transport the audience to worlds of wonder through the lens of today's most imaginative filmmakers, directors and writers."

"Defending Jacob" is a thriller based on the best selling William Landay novel of the same name. The show is a drama series that unfolds around a shocking crime in a small Massachusetts town, following a district attorney who is torn between his love for his son and his duty to uphold justice.

"Tehran," an espionage thriller made in partnership with an Israeli TV producer, tells the story of a Mossad agent who goes deep undercover on a dangerous mission in Tehran that places everyone around her in dire jeopardy.

Psychological thriller "Losing Alice" is described as a "thrilling cinematic journey that uses flashbacks and flash-forwards in a satisfyingly complex narrative that takes the viewer through the conscious and subconscious of its protagonist's mind."

They recently put out some good Movies too ...Like Cherry n Palmer ...the movie with Sam Jackson n Anthony Mackie..

to name a few ...:yes:

Thanks for the suggestions, @slam ... gonna run some of them by her via text.

Have watched half of Ted Lasso thus far, and I'll watch the rest soon.

Saw Palmer in February. Plan on checking out Truth Be Told this spring. Have had it saved for awhile.

slam

Super Moderator
Season2 jus started... :yes:

Check the trap if u need it ...:cool:

When an assistant U.S. attorney overdoses and ends up left for dead, Decourcy Ward suspects Jackie Rohr’s involvement. Jackie, in turn, goes after the BPD for a questionable drug arrest at Braxton Summit, a federal housing project. Community activist Grace Campbell recruits Siobhan Quays to work on behalf of Braxton and its residents, but their efforts are subverted as tensions flare between rival gangs.

6PI43Zb.jpg

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Godless ...

9b9b47e3f15e4a037458ab17c6ef6500.jpg

Notorious criminal Frank Griffin and his gang of outlaws are on a mission of revenge against Roy Goode, a son-like protégé who betrayed the brotherhood. While on the run, Roy seeks refuge with hardened widower Alice Fletcher, an outcast herself, in a worn-down, isolated mining town of La Belle, NM — governed mainly by women. When word reaches La Belle that Griffin is headed their way, the town bands together to defend against the murderous gang in a lawless western frontier.

dam ...i might fuck with this ...:gun06:

it`s not new so a few of y`all might have seen it ...

i just saw it posted in my plug so now i`m hip ...:yes:

short too only 7 eps ...any reviews ...?

:cool:

you won't be disappointed... very solid mini series

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Season2 jus started... :yes:

Check the trap if u need it ...:cool:

When an assistant U.S. attorney overdoses and ends up left for dead, Decourcy Ward suspects Jackie Rohr’s involvement. Jackie, in turn, goes after the BPD for a questionable drug arrest at Braxton Summit, a federal housing project. Community activist Grace Campbell recruits Siobhan Quays to work on behalf of Braxton and its residents, but their efforts are subverted as tensions flare between rival gangs.

6PI43Zb.jpg

Looking forward to checking it out. Godfather of Harlem season 2 coming in 3 weeks as well!

dbluesun

Rising Star
Platinum Member

The Third Day” takes a familiar story — a lost man, a mysterious island, an eccentric group of locals — and dresses it up to the nines. With starry leads Jude Law and Naomie Harris providing committed turns and an ambitious structure that breaks its story into three “seasons” — the first three episodes are “Summer,” starring Law; the last three are “Winter,” starring Harris; and in the middle is “Fall” — a live 12-hour online experience termed a “theatrical event.” HBO’s latest limited series fights to be formally experimental at every turn, but its core narrative is a tad too predictable for its pedigree. Fans of creepy mysteries, potent atmospherics, and anyone in this sterling cast should be satisfied, but few will be blown away by how it unfolds.

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Genius Aretha

Genius Aretha

I thought Cynthia and Courtney B Vance did a good job but there was some cheesiness to the production and the lyp syncing
with some of the characters was pretty bad. I guess you can't condense a person's life into 8 hours
Still very watchable though

Invincible

Invincible

At first I thought this was going to be a light animated show similar to The Boys....but there is NOTHING light about this show!! Shocking with a capital S !!

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Anyone check out the series Startup in recent years? Talked to a coworker and he binged a number of episodes this past weekend after a recommendation from one of his friends. He's really enjoying it thus far ... watching it on Prime.

StartUp is an American web television drama series created by Ben Ketai that premiered on September 6, 2016 on Crackle. The series stars Adam Brody, Edi Gathegi, Otmara Marrero, Martin Freeman, Ron Perlman, Addison Timlin, and Mira Sorvino. On November 15, 2017, the series was renewed for a third season which was released on November 1, 2018.

StartUp follows "the emergence of GenCoin, a brilliant yet controversial tech idea centered on digital currency — an idea that gets incubated on the wrong side of the tracks by three strangers who don’t necessarily fit the mold of 'tech entrepreneurs' and a crooked FBI agent who will go to any lengths to take them down."[1]

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
Anyone check out the series Startup in recent years? Talked to a coworker and he binged a number of episodes this past weekend after a recommendation from one of his friends. He's really enjoying it thus far ... watching it on Prime.

StartUp is an American web television drama series created by Ben Ketai that premiered on September 6, 2016 on Crackle. The series stars Adam Brody, Edi Gathegi, Otmara Marrero, Martin Freeman, Ron Perlman, Addison Timlin, and Mira Sorvino. On November 15, 2017, the series was renewed for a third season which was released on November 1, 2018.

StartUp follows "the emergence of GenCoin, a brilliant yet controversial tech idea centered on digital currency — an idea that gets incubated on the wrong side of the tracks by three strangers who don’t necessarily fit the mold of 'tech entrepreneurs' and a crooked FBI agent who will go to any lengths to take them down."[1]

I might have to peep this one. :yes:

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
watched it on crackle since the beginning, really good and disappointed there hasn't been a new season. Only other crackle original i watched is "Snatch" which has 2 seasons, you should check that out as well

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Genius Aretha

I thought Cynthia and Courtney B Vance did a good job but there was some cheesiness to the production and the lyp syncing
with some of the characters was pretty bad. I guess you can't condense a person's life into 8 hours
yeah this was cheaply done...
if you watch expecting to hear any of Aretha's great hits... fuhgeddaboudit- at best you will get a few of Aretha's catalog's C&D list songs

the screenplay and dialogue get progressively worse after the first episode...
I tapped out at episode 5