TV SHOWS / SERIES - Seen any good ones lately? Please feel free to post reviews / feedback / trailers / articles / TV news / all that shit ...

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Shoutout to the fam' who have commented and messaged in recent memory suggesting a TV SHOWS/SERIES thread would be fun to have. Sort of an extension/continuation to the MOVIES one we've been doing since late-2007 to present - https://www.bgol.us/forum/threads/m...ths-post-reviews-feedback-etc.221832/page-123 .

Please feel free to post reviews/feedback on ANYTHING in this thread. Good or bad ... indifferent ... whatever. Let us know what you've been watching ... shows you gave a try but bailed on ... or ones that you are looking forward to binging, or for their eventual seasonal return. I'll start us off with some shows/series/docs off the top of my head ...

- Yellowstone - enjoyed the 2nd season of that one - just finished up

- City on a Hill - good debut season. Well-acted by everyone

- The Righteous Gemstones - 2 episodes in so far

- Our Planet (documentary series) - earlier this spring

- Black Monday - need to keep watching (just past the midway point)

- Black Summer - easy to get through w/ shorter episodes

- The Terror - need to get into the 2nd season - they've had about 3 episodes so far - have seen part of the 1st ep

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Been hearing recent seasons have improved quite a bit.

It isnt GREAT...

but something about the great acting by "Morgan" has it clicking and groinded in reality. Could just be the history long time fans have with the character.

It just been resonating more. And becoming its own thing.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
It isnt GREAT...

but something about the great acting by "Morgan" has it clicking and groinded in reality. Could just be the history long time fans have with the character.

It just been resonating more. And becoming its own thing.

Did you ever have a chance to check out this series? Really recommend it. Wish it could have run longer. Well-acted by him and Mark Strong. Really showed off their acting chops.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_Winter_Sun_(American_TV_series)

Low Winter Sun is an American crime drama television series that aired on AMC from August 11 to October 6, 2013, for one season consisting of ten episodes. The series was developed by Chris Mundy and starred Mark Strong and Lennie James. It is based upon the 2006 British two-part miniseries of the same name which also starred Strong in the same role.[1] Filmed and set in Detroit, Michigan, the series follows detectives Frank Agnew and Joe Geddes after they __________________, and explores organized crime in Detroit. The series received generally mixed reviews and AMC announced in December 2013 that it had canceled the series.[2]

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Bulletproof (import British show on the CW)
Queen Of The South
Pearson(spinoff from Suits)
Blood & Treasure(CBS show that aired over the summer..been renewed for a second season)

flx2000

Photographer
BGOL Investor
p17009231_b_v8_ac.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Carnival Row is an American neo-noir fantasy web television series created by René Echevarria and Travis Beacham that premiered on August 30, 2019 on Amazon Prime Video. The eight-episode series stars Orlando Bloom and Cara Delevingne. In July 2019, it was announced that Amazon had renewed the series for a second season.

Carnival Row follows "mythical creatures who have fled their war-torn homeland and gathered in the city as tensions are simmering between citizens and the growing immigrant population."[2] At the center of the drama is the investigation into a string of unsolved murders, madness of power, unresolved love, and social adjustment's eating away at whatever uneasy peace that exists.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Did you ever have a chance to check out this series? Really recommend it. Wish it could have run longer. Well-acted by him and Mark Strong. Really showed off their acting chops.

Low Winter Sun is an American crime drama television series that aired on AMC from August 11 to October 6, 2013, for one season consisting of ten episodes. The series was developed by Chris Mundy and starred Mark Strong and Lennie James. It is based upon the 2006 British two-part miniseries of the same name which also starred Strong in the same role.[1] Filmed and set in Detroit, Michigan, the series follows detectives Frank Agnew and Joe Geddes after they __________________, and explores organized crime in Detroit. The series received generally mixed reviews and AMC announced in December 2013 that it had canceled the series.[2]

Nicely done fam!

Hell yeah...

@largebillsonlyplease and I had a classic discussion thread back and forth every week.

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor

AMC be coming with that heat. I try not to fuck with unresolved cancelled shows. Did they finish the plot?

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Animal kingdom
Pinky blinders
Queen of the south
Snowfall
Ballers
Succession
Mindhunters
Fear the walking dead
Righteous gemstones
Claws
Grownish

Off the top of my head

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Need to get caught up on Snowfall. Enjoyed the 1st season. Need to see the 2nd & the current 3rd that's airing.

Same for Euphoria ... have it set aside - saw the first 2 eps.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
Carnival Row is an American neo-noir fantasy web television series created by René Echevarria and Travis Beacham that premiered on August 30, 2019 on Amazon Prime Video. The eight-episode series stars Orlando Bloom and Cara Delevingne. In July 2019, it was announced that Amazon had renewed the series for a second season.

Carnival Row follows "mythical creatures who have fled their war-torn homeland and gathered in the city as tensions are simmering between citizens and the growing immigrant population."[2] At the center of the drama is the investigation into a string of unsolved murders, madness of power, unresolved love, and social adjustment's eating away at whatever uneasy peace that exists.
I just finished watching this over night. I'm gonna watch it again too. I would not have guessed from the Cast that it was an American production at all, but the plot devices and the underlying themes mirror a lot of todays climate in the US without a mistake. It's like today's headlines playing out in the early 19th Century.

I enjoyed the fuck outta this and I can't wait for the second season.

I also just finished all three seasons of The Badlands and whoever did the costumes and makeup for that show and this one are Award worthy af!

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I just finished watching this over night. I'm gonna watch it again too. I would not have guessed from the Cast that it was an American production at all, but the plot devices and the underlying themes mirror a lot of todays climate in the US without a mistake. It's like today's headlines playing out in the early 19th Century.

I enjoyed the fuck outta this and I can't wait for the second season.

I also just finished all three seasons of The Badlands and whoever did the costumes and makeup for that show and this one are Award worthy af!

Thanks for the intel. Sounds like a good one ^

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member

Animal kingdom
Pinky blinders
Queen of the south
Snowfall
Ballers
Succession
Mindhunters
Fear the walking dead
Righteous gemstones
Claws
Grownish

Off the top of my head

Snowfall
The boys

Euphoria
Snowfall
Ballers
Grown-ish
13 Reasons Why
Need to get caught up on Snowfall. Enjoyed the 1st season. Need to see the 2nd & the current 3rd that's airing.

Same for Euphoria ... have it set aside - saw the first 2 eps.
Geezus! I'm gonna be hunkered down til next Spring fuckin' wit chall.
What shows are on AMC currently? I hadn't been checkin' for them at all but if they keep putin out shit like The Badlands, they can keep up with HBO, Cinemax, Stars, and whoever else.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Geezus! I'm gonna be hunkered down til next Spring fuckin' wit chall.
What shows are on AMC currently? I hadn't been checkin' for them at all but if they keep putin out shit like The Badlands, they can keep up with HBO, Cinemax, Stars, and whoever else.

Their current drama line-up is solid. Looking forward to Better Call Saul's return. I have NOS4A2 (2019) saved on the DVR. Haven't gotten around to that one yet. The Walking Dead's hit or miss with most remaining fans at this point. Fear the Walking Dead's been received well over time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_programs_broadcast_by_AMC

Current programming

Drama
Unscripted
Acquired

Upcoming programming

Scripted