TV SHOWS / SERIES - Seen any good ones lately? Please feel free to post reviews / feedback / trailers / articles / TV news / all that shit ...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

I have no idea why but this little show fascinates me. I connect with no one on the screen but I actually care about the main character so much. If the cancel it tomorrow I wouldn't miss it. If it was 20 episodes I'd binge watch them immediately

I am very confused.

There is a pain, frustration, longing and angst and anger there just beneath the surface that is captivating.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I am about to impart on either yellow jacket or Ozarks.

But the hype for both is so intense...

(That is why I never watched succession because EVERYONE said I would love it. And honestly they were right. I was addicted to the show from the first episode)

I want to make sure I'm going in realistic expectations

Especially yellow jackets.

Ozarks just keeps getting lost in the wave of new shows.

I need to get around to seeing Succession. Just caught the first part of season 1, but it's been on my radar for ages.

Yellowjackets has gotten plenty of buzz its 1st season. Often see the media & critics / podcasters talking favorably about it.

Ozark is worth watching, man. Just wrapped up part 1 of season 4 (7 episodes) yesterday. Very tense.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yeah - she's real nice. Pretty good series. We've seen 5 of 6 episodes thus far.

The Challenge is worth re-looking into. Either the regular series on MTV, or the All-Stars version (2 seasons so far) on Paramount+.

All-Stars version is interesting in that they're an older group, and many of them initially date back 10 - 20 years ago when they first debuted on the show. Pretty wild when you see a flashback to them at 20-something to late-30s or 40'ish now. Realize how long-running a franchise it is (kinda like Survivor, Amazing Race, Big Brother when you think about it).

Wow...

That means I know ALL those characters from when they were all originally on real world and road rules

Damn I'm old.

I think that is why I cut it off these guys were no longer kids. They HAD kids and drug problems and health problems and died of cancer and unemployed and divorced and seeing them on the show

Some REALLY needed the money

Some REALLY needed te attention and faded fame

Some just were addicted to that lost lifestyle of being young drunk sexy and care free on TV

We need to realize the social media minster we complain about now?

THESE are their parents.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I need to get around to seeing Succession. Just caught the first part of season 1, but it's been on my radar for ages.

Yellowjackets has gotten plenty of buzz its 1st season. Often see the media & critics / podcasters talking favorably about it.

Ozark is worth watching, man. Just wrapped up part 1 of season 4 (7 episodes) yesterday. Very tense.

Bro. ..

Succession was like that pure uncut for the very first time.

The baseball game?

I was hooked

And Jeremy Strong?

Good lawd that complete submersion into a character to me is insane.

I cannot recommend it enough

That being said?

I am quite tired of the talented cast of white actors playing despicable assholes. That's getting old.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Ok I might save yellow jackets and do the 1st season of Ozarks instead.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Wow...

That means I know ALL those characters from when they were all originally on real world and road rules

Damn I'm old.

What's really interesting when you think about it too ... of all the people who have been on Real World / Road Rules / The Challenge ... 3 of the most successful all-time = Jamie Chung (legit actress) / Theo Von (successful podcaster & stand-up comic / has some Netflix specials) and The Miz (WWE).

Speaking of hardships ...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
What's really interesting when you think about it too ... of all the people who have been on Real World / Road Rules / The Challenge ... 3 of the most successful all-time = Jamie Chung (legit actress) / Theo Von (successful podcaster & stand-up comic / has some Netflix specials) and The Miz (WWE).

That is horrible to hear.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Ok I might save yellow jackets and do the 1st season of Ozarks instead.

Yeah - I've been hoping to get around to Yellowjackets eventually. Saved it to the wishlist in On Demand section.

Give Ozark a shot ... it's interesting watching Bateman's character remain calm under pressure.

Season 4 was actually our fave yet. 1st part was released on Friday, and they'll do the 2nd part (another 7 eps) at some point in the months ahead.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Real talk

I bring up the Miz story like every 4 months it is one of the most insane unexpected TV success story of all time

That dude was on the earliest seasons of real world and said to America I WILL become a wrestling super star

He did challenge, the MTV WWE reality competition show trained auditioned made connections worked his ass off

And he actually brought his childhood dream into reality.

That guy will always get my respect.

He saw this once in a lifetime opportunity and TOOK IT.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Real talk

I bring up the Miz story like every 4 months it is one of the most insane unexpected TV success story of all time

That dude was on the earliest seasons of real world and said to Anerica I WILL become a wrestling super star

He did challenge, the MTV WWE reality competition show trained auditioned made connections worked his ass off

And he actually brought his childhood dream into reality.

That guy will always get my respect.

He saw this once in a lifetime opportunity and TOOK IT.

Agreed. Wild how it has played out for him over the years. Hell, they've even brought him back to host reunion aftershows for The Challenge on MTV. Funny knowing he's become a legit "celeb" and some of his former peers are still doing countless seasons of the same reality show, lol.

As I said to a friend of mine - I understand it though. "It's a paid vacation ... they go to places all over the world when filming. The cash prizes are often quite substantial ... plus you get to further your "brand" or reality tv career ... and the show airs mid-week on MTV for several months. So it's plenty of exposure each time you last long into the game ..."

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
How is Young Rock?

I just never even tried it just seemed like too much.

Maybe I have Rock fatigue.

It's legitimately pretty funny ... and they did a really good job with casting.

young-rock-1252708.jpg

Cast-Photo222.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Agreed. Wild how it has played out for him over the years. Hell, they've even brought him back to host reunion aftershows for The Challenge on MTV. Funny knowing he's become a legit "celeb" and some of his former peers are still doing countless seasons of the same reality show, lol.

As I said to a friend of mine - I understand it though. "It's a paid vacation ... they go to places all over the world when filming. The cash prizes are often quite substantial ... plus you get to further your "brand" or reality tv career ... and the show airs mid-week on MTV for several months. So it's plenty of exposure each time you last long into the game ..."

You hit the nail on the head

It's money, alcohol, sex, adrenaline, exposure and fun

Who the hell can resist that?

And at one point some of then were getting 5 to 10 k for walk through???

But I can see the MILEAGE in their faces bodies and spirits

Not in a good way.

I think those who truly UNDERSTAND what this whole thing is are going to be fine.

But many? Think this is career. Maybe it is but it ain't easy.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I am about to impart on either yellow jacket or Ozarks.

But the hype for both is so intense...

(That is why I never watched succession because EVERYONE said I would love it. And honestly they were right. I was addicted to the show from the first episode)

I want to make sure I'm going in realistic expectations

Especially yellow jackets.

Ozarks just keeps getting lost in the wave of new shows.

Enjoyed Both of those shows

Been a fan of Ozarks ever since it dropped....dope show, definitely in the top 5.

Yellowjackets surprised me....Jasmine Savoy Brown ( Evie from The Leftovers) is killing it playing the Alpha of the Soccer team and Tawny Cypress playing the Adult version of her as a Kamala Harris type sista running for Senate. shit has 90's nostalgia, teen and adult angst, Lord of the flies type tribalism, very entertaining.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Been a fan of Ozarks ever since it dropped....dope show, definitely in the top 5.

Yellowjackets surprised me....Jasmine Savoy Brown ( Evie from The Leftovers) is killing it playing the Alpha of the Soccer team and Tawny Cypress playing the Adult version of her as a Kamala Harris type sista running for Senate. shit has 90's nostalgia, teen and adult angst, Lord of the flies type tribalism, very entertaining.

Well damn now that is an endorsement!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Real talk I never watched the final season of leftovers and I actually loved that show

(Book was better though)

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Real talk I never watched the final season of leftovers and I actually loved that show

(Book was better though)

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I had no idea another season of Gomorrah had started so that was a nice surprise. There was a great ,cards on the table scene between Gennaro and Ciro one of the best in the series IMO.

Janet Jackson documentary on A&E .Some powerful moments and great behind the scenes footage but I couldn't help but feel like she pulled back a bit on her feelings about certain situations and people in her life.

benny_negro

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Yep. Yellowjackets was a great surprise. Stayed interesting and left some good energy on the table for season 2. Turned my sister onto it as it’s almost tailor made for all her interests and she somehow binged in less than 2 days while working mad OT hrs lol

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
The Righteous Gemstones has been good this 2nd season. They're near the half point mark now, and I thought it was clever doing a back story for John Goodman's "Eli Gemstone" character. That way they can balance the darker storyline with the over-the-top ridiculous comedy that the series is known for. They started the season flashing back to 1968. This past episode they were in 1993, etc.

Finished up The Tourist yesterday. 6 episodes. It was pretty good overall. Wasn't the strongest ending to the finale ... but on the whole it was enjoyable. Episode 5 was an interesting watch given the additional altered state the main character was in.

Started The Responder yesterday. If you're a fan of Martin Freeman's acting work - check it out. Have the captions / subtitles on if possible, that way you can follow the accent(s) and dialect / slang easier.

1883 has been steady this 1st season. It is a slower paced show, but they're telling a story and taking their time. Nothing wrong with that. Small guest spot from Rita Wilson this past episode. Her husband, Tom Hanks, had a minor role back around episode 2. And for fans of the Mayor of Kingstown show, you'll have recognized a few people from that show along the way in 1883. Taylor Sheridan keeps a nice rotation of talent from his TV series and movies, so you'll sometimes see people you recognize in his assorted projects. First noticed that with the movie Wind River ... then a few years later recognizing some of the names and faces on Yellowstone.

Last edited: