TV SHOWS / SERIES - Seen any good ones lately? Please feel free to post reviews / feedback / trailers / articles / TV news / all that shit ...

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
dam all the reviews r good ..

i might put it in the trap...:yes:

I trust your review over the other shit. Let us know what you think.

@slam @Quek9

Checked out the first 3 available episodes this morning. Pretty good. Looks like they're doing a release schedule for the miniseries of 3 eps the first week, then 2 eps, 2 eps, 2 eps, and the finale these weeks ahead (Dec. 16th - Jan. 13th).

Texted my mom and mentioned we were checking it out. She noted the book club she's a part of enjoyed the 2014 novel the series is based upon.

No spoilers ...

Ep 1 was solid. Things start to go awry about 15 mins in. Focused primarily on 2 characters.

Ep 2 - didn't enjoy it as much. Wasn't as invested in the assortment of additional new characters and the big jump forward in time.

Ep 3 enjoyed it more. Doing call backs to episode 1, and enjoyed the time frames they were involved with. If I recall correctly 2005, 2020, and 2007. Had more of an ominous tone with the unknown ahead.

Going to continue watching.

:cheers:

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
@slam @Quek9

Checked out the first 3 available episodes this morning. Pretty good. Looks like they're doing a release schedule for the miniseries of 3 eps the first week, then 2 eps, 2 eps, 2 eps, and the finale these weeks ahead (Dec. 16th - Jan. 13th).

Texted my mom and mentioned we were checking it out. She noted the book club she's a part of enjoyed the 2014 novel the series is based upon.

No spoilers ...

Ep 1 was solid. Things start to go awry about 15 mins in. Focused primarily on 2 characters.

Ep 2 - didn't enjoy it as much. Wasn't as invested in the assortment of additional new characters and the big jump forward in time.

Ep 3 enjoyed it more. Doing call backs to episode 1, and enjoyed the time frames they were involved with. If I recall correctly 2005, 2020, and 2007. Had more of an ominous tone with the unknown ahead.

Going to continue watching.

Good shit fam

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Yellowstone / Ted Lasso / Goliath / Dexter / Hawkeye / True Stories

Good ones. We're only midway through season 2 of Goliath now (still have seasons 3 and 4 ahead).

Ted Lasso was definitely a change of pace from season 1 with the more serious subject matter.

Yellowstone prequel 1883 starts tonight.

Have heard good things about True Stories.

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
I might b the only one not feeling Hawkeye ...it`s ok but compared to the other series ...smh

n this season of Ted Lasso also was jus ok ...i think they tried to give almost everybody their shine instead of focusing on the central character/characters...

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I might b the only one not feeling Hawkeye ...it`s ok but compared to the other series ...smh

n this season of Ted Lasso also was jus ok ...i think they tried to give almost everybody their shine instead of focusing on the central character/characters...

Hawkeye's been hit and miss for us.

Season 1 of Lasso was fun with the "fish out of water" feel of it all. Took some time to get used to the serious tones throughout season 2. Also, apparently Apple wanted them to do a couple of additional episodes this season - hence the 2 standalone episodes which felt a bit more out of place (Christmas ep, and the one focused primarily on Beard's night out).

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
Hawkeye's been hit and miss for us.

Season 1 of Lasso was fun with the "fish out of water" feel of it all. Took some time to get used to the serious tones throughout season 2. Also, apparently Apple wanted them to do a couple of additional episodes this season - hence the 2 standalone episodes which felt a bit more out of place (Christmas ep, and the one focused primarily on Beard's night out).
Yep. Nate needs to be stomped out.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Goliath is the truth. True stories stunned the fuck out of me and the wifey.

Sounds like True Stories is one to check out. Jotting that one down.

Goliath's been a fun watch. Good assortment of characters & nice to have a new case each season. Easy enough to get through at 8 eps each season. We had a good laugh the other night. We watched Goliath followed by Landscapers.

Thornton on Goliath played Fargo season 1 villain "Lorne Malvo".

Thewlis on Landscapers played Fargo season 3 villain "VM Varga"

Good actors ...

:giggle: :roflmao3:

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
Sounds like True Stories is one to check out. Jotting that one down.

Goliath's been a fun watch. Good assortment of characters & nice to have a new case each season. Easy enough to get through at 8 eps each season. We had a good laugh the other night. We watched Goliath followed by Landscapers.

Thornton on Goliath played Fargo season 1 villain "Lorne Malvo".

Thewlis on Landscapers played Fargo season 3 villain "VM Varga"

Good actors ...

:giggle: :roflmao3:
TS is a short series with big payoffs

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
TS is a short series with big payoffs

We're definitely liking all the limited and miniseries these days. Glad to have shows running 4 - 12 eps and easier to get through, or have in the rotation.

Don't miss the days when everything was seemingly 16 - 24 eps. Or the many shows that would have the 2 to 3 month mid-season breaks.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
* Yellowstone fans - looks like the first 2 eps of prequel 1883 are available on the streaming sites now.

Noticed episode 1 airs on Paramount in Canada tonight. Maybe Paramount in the US is different and airs 2 eps.

Or they're just doing the preview of a few eps like they did for Mayor of Kingstown, before moving it all over to the Paramount+ streaming platform.

Enjoy the eps when you get around to them.

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
nah dude did a lot more shit than that.
he likes to sexually harass women using the facade of career advice. Very touchy feely
someone mentioned it in the comments
And I used to know someone he tried that with and I’m pretty sure he is still married

I heard he wanted out but after 9 years that paycheck was likely beautiful,walking away or fired with millions in his pockets.

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
HARLEM on Amazon is another family forced watch.It's a men suck but i still need one,male bashing show. What makes it tolerable is the cleavage on display,nudity and over the top humorous situations.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Harlem series ^

thumb3_claudia_logan_7ba9d4.jpg
thumb3_claudia_logan_fb5f9f.jpg
thumb3_jerrie_johnson_57843a.jpg

slam

Super Moderator
Claws

final season jus started ...

This show should have been on Starz ...

It didnt realize its full potential because of network TV ... :yes:

e8ffb88c78bb7a39cb59712823d8760e.png

slam

Super Moderator
The Girl Before

Everything that is yours was once hers. A young woman moves into a dream home, but its dark history looms large. Starring Gugu Mbatha-Raw and David Oyelowo.

22dbc7274a85be396fc8dd50f34078e2.png

BBC rollin em out weekly ...

:yes:

63246bd73535b4a49ff315c1aba4302c.jpg

Gugu-Mbatha-Raw-38.jpg

:inlove:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
"I'm the only killer in this town"

The one guy saying "I'm unarmed ..."

Him replying, "Yeah, I see that ..."

Like you were saying earlier - the first 2 eps were pretty good. Agreed. Liked the way the assortment of characters were introduced. Should be a good prequel overall.

:roflmao3: :itsawrap::frozen:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Cowboy Bebop(anime)(HULU)

Been catching up on some shows the past few days. Since I'm on vacation. And decided to check this out since the Live action show is out on Netflix. In more ways than one :lol: My Brother been trying too get me to watch this anime since forever. But I would always skip past it, and watch

something else. So last Saturday I started watching this, and after watching the first few episodes. I was fucking hooked. I finished this show yesterday

morning. This anime is worth the hype. Great story, fight scenes, and animation. After watching the show. I immediately bought the show soundtrack.

If nobody haven't checked this out I would highly recommend this show.

Dragon Ball Super(Funimation)

This show is the official follow up too the Dragon ball Z. The animation looked nice and trimmed a lot of fat from the bloated GT story(The Non-Cannon follow up story). But I personally prefer the GT story line except for the Garlic Jr and the Baby Goku stories. All in all if no one has seen this I would still recommend this show.

Atlanta(HULU/FX)

I finally got a chance to watch the show, and thought it was good. I didn't understand it at first. Because I assumed it was going to be a straight

comedy. Because Donald Glover is involved. But once I watched more and more episodes, the show got better. It had its funny moments but its

mostly a drama. And I can dig it. If anyone hasn't watched this i would recommend the show.

Last edited:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Atlanta(HULU/FX)

I finally got a chance to watch the show, and thought it was good. I didn't understand it at first. Because I assumed it was going to be a straight

comedy. Because Donald Glover is involved. But once I watched more and more episodes, the show got better. It had its funny moments but its

mostly a drama. And I can dig it. If anyone hasn't watched this i would recommend the show.

Everyone's really looking forward to the show's eventual return next year. The series last aired from March - May 2018, and has always been well-received by fans and critics alike. Glad to hear you checked it out. A list of the show's accolades at the link below.

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Station Eleven on HBOMAX another post apocalyptic series but with unique touches. Watching this an immediate since of calm came over me but then that's all taken away by some moving,shocking, and involving story threads.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Station Eleven on HBOMAX another post apocalyptic series but with unique touches. Watching this an immediate since of calm came over me but then that's all taken away by some moving,shocking, and involving story threads.

Going to check out the next few episodes in the next day or two. Noticed episodes 4 & 5 are now available.