TV SHOWS / SERIES - Seen any good ones lately? Please feel free to post reviews / feedback / trailers / articles / TV news / all that shit ...

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Finished Zero, it was very quick to binge since its 8 eps and avg around 20 mins per ep. Really enjoyed it as a black teen superhero story that dealt with real issues, i've only really seen that in cartoons like Static shock and into the spiderverse. The soundtrack was fire, nice shots of Milan where it's based in. I've been watching so many european tv shows lately and glad to see more color/diversity in them with Lupin, Snabba Cash, Zero, Gangs of London, 4 blocks, Mocro Maffia, etc. Thinking about checking out shadow and bone next
Diversity means Black men chasing after ugly white women in all of these european shows. I guess Black women only have Black sons in europe. All these Black men have no options for Black females I guess:smh::lol:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
The Challenge season just wrapped up.

Been checking out the PFL (Professional Fighters League). Their 2nd show of the season tonight. They were off all of 2020 due to covid. If you're an MMA fan, there's been plenty of options of late - UFC, Bellator, One, PFL, and more. Many of the highlights and individual fights can be watched on Youtube after the fact too.

Mare of Easttown's still good. 2 eps in. A wtf twist at the end of ep 2 - see where that goes. Definitely complicates things.

Godfather of Harlem & City on a Hill are always good.

2 eps in on Godfather, and City's about at the midway point of s2.

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator

The Mosquito Coast is following the dangerous journey of a radical idealist and brilliant inventor, Allie Fox, who uproots his family for Mexico when they suddenly find themselves on the run from the US government.

Looks promising ....:yes:

46fc6f81f96958cd80c5a6ef3250cae8.png

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Watched the pilot for this series. Enjoyed it. Liked how they started it off & quickly jumped back to 24 hours earlier. We'll watch more in the near future. Easy watch too - as the Wikipedia page lists the episode running times in the 25 - 29 minute range each.

Made for Love is an American dark comedy television series based on the 2017 novel of the same name by Alissa Nutting. The series premiered on HBO Max on April 1, 2021.[1] It stars Cristin Milioti, Billy Magnussen and Ray Romano.

A woman escapes from a suffocating 10-year marriage to a tech billionaire, but discovers her husband had her fitted with a high tech tracking device. The monitoring device, which he implanted in her brain, allows him to track her location, watch her live, and know her "emotional data" as she tries to regain her independence.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
The Mosquito Coast is following the dangerous journey of a radical idealist and brilliant inventor, Allie Fox, who uproots his family for Mexico when they suddenly find themselves on the run from the US government.

Thanks for the suggestion - set aside the 1st episode to check out soon.

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yasuke

Loosely based on the life of Yasuke—a Black samurai warrior who defended feudal lord Oda Nobunaga in his campaign to unify 16th century Japan.I knew going in that this would be mainly fantasy based.
This is one of the best shows Netflix has put on it's platform.
Great characters,animation very enthusiastic voice work from the cast : Lakeith Stanfield as Yasuke,Takehiro Hira as Nobunaga Oda,Maya Tanida as Saki, Amy Hill as Dark Lord and Ming-Na Wen as Natsumaru and score by musician Flying Lotus.
High praise to all of the people behind the animation and art direction.
There are some small plot holes and the pacing drags a bit when you get to episode 4

Leatherf7ce

Phantom of the Chakras
BGOL Investor
Recently watched:

Super Dark Movie (maybe it was super dark things dunno. My 13 yr old suggested it, suburban thriller with some script problems but enjoyable nonetheless). Killer with a sword, some deranged scenes. Kid from Stranger Things is in it

Uncorked on Netflix by Prentice Perry's production crew. Black kid wants to be a sommelier. Parents niecy Nash and Courteney b Vance ain't receptive. Funny, good, positive black movie

NOBODY is my movie of the year. Odenkirk is a phenomenal and would beat the shit outta John Wick

Dad You Embarass Me by J. Foxx on Netflix sucks David Alan Grier has some funny moments but that show is ass

Black Lady Sketch Show season 2 without Quinta is Lacking

The Man in Iron Castle and Americans are still on Prime two great shows

Warrior on HBO Max is my current obsession

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Bad Batch

This was ok. Including a huge story thread from the film's is helping hold my interest in the show

Maggie Simpson in "The Force Awakens from its Nap

Fun but all to brief !!

CRUEL SUMMER

First 2 episodes were very involving especially because i was trying to figure out what was going on

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Yasuke

Loosely based on the life of Yasuke—a Black samurai warrior who defended feudal lord Oda Nobunaga in his campaign to unify 16th century Japan.I knew going in that this would be mainly fantasy based.
This is one of the best shows Netflix has put on it's platform.
Great characters,animation very enthusiastic voice work from the cast : Lakeith Stanfield as Yasuke,Takehiro Hira as Nobunaga Oda,Maya Tanida as Saki, Amy Hill as Dark Lord and Ming-Na Wen as Natsumaru and score by musician Flying Lotus.
High praise to all of the people behind the animation and art direction.
There are some small plot holes and the pacing drags a bit when you get to episode 4

Decent series, nothing about it makes me want to call it a classic or watch it again.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Been checking out some of the Paramount Plus content. Notably the Real World Homecoming & MTV's The Challenge - All Stars series. Both good for nostalgia's sake. The Homecoming season's a follow-up to the original docuseries from 1992. Same cast & loft location. Nearly 30 years later. They started filming around Jan. 2021 or so.

The Challenge All Stars was filmed in the Andes Mountains, Argentina. Began airing in April 2021. Probably filmed in 2020. 22 contestants ... interesting seeing the assortment of cast selections. Some originally having appeared / competed dating back to 1999. Many falling in the 1999 - 2010 range. Funny and great hearing the throwback '90s music selections too ... Puffy & Mase, Wilson Phillips, the late DMX, Naughty By Nature, Foreigner, Pat Benatar, Mark Morrison, Salt-N-Pepa, Thin Lizzy, Eric B & Rakim, Enya, Alanis Morisette, Seal, Madonna, En Vogue, Boyz II Men, Whitesnake, Marky Mark, Spin Doctors, etc. They definitely spent more on their soundtrack / score budget compared to many reality series going with the generic music budget for production.

Last edited:

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
Jupiter's Legacy

This was pretty good especially if you like shows like Invincible and The Boys the pacing,dialogue and SFX were a bit here and there at times and I felt the ending was abrupt but strong story threads and themes kept me interested
I think that this was Netflix's response to the popularity of The Boys that Amazon had on its hands from a comic book property that isn't MCU or DC.

It was a story of struggling with maintaining an old value set that is outdated as the world has changed so much. Utopia is Mr. Morality and his unwillingness to bend the rules, i.e. Truth, Justice, and the American way, even if it costs him or his own family's lives.

The whole season serves to challenge whether he can keep the code in the 21st Century that HE came up with in the 1930s.

Too bad that the decision to take a life was taken from him before he was forced to make it.

It took a long time to build up with all of the tellings of the backstory, but it was a pretty decent watch. I'll be checking for a second season.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
I think that this was Netflix's response to the popularity of The Boys that Amazon had on its hands from a comic book property that isn't MCU or DC.

It was a story of struggling with maintaining an old value set that is outdated as the world has changed so much. Utopia is Mr. Morality and his unwillingness to bend the rules, i.e. Truth, Justice, and the American way, even if it costs him or his own family's lives.

The whole season serves to challenge whether he can keep the code in the 21st Century that HE came up with in the 1930s.

Too bad that the decision to take a life was taken from him before he was forced to make it.

It took a long time to build up with all of the tellings of the backstory, but it was a pretty decent watch. I'll be checking for a second season.

Invincible, The Boys, Jupiter's, Legacy, Altered Carbon, Carnival Row, Watchmen, Lovecraft Country

Disney might have some competition with the adult marketed comic/fantasy shows.

The Nevers is too kiddy for me.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
Invincible, The Boys, Jupiter's, Legacy, Altered Carbon, Carnival Row, Watchmen, Lovecraft Country

Disney might have some competition with the adult marketed comic/fantasy shows.

The Nevers is too kiddy for me.
I like The Nevers. It's just filled with current-day tropes but everything else is too these days. I think the Mouse scored the motherlode with the MCU though. I don't know if anybody is gonna touch them.

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Mosquito Coast

Very involving series. I found myself asking the same questions characters are asking in the show.I never watched the original movie only read part of the book years ago. Three episodes in and im looking forward to what happens next.

Love, Death & Robots

This is a great series. It's like watching The Twilight Zone and The Outer Limits on acid.
Great stories coupled with some pretty sharp CGI,animation and SFX.

kirkout

DCPG
BGOL Investor
12994ee3a1150e54a6a13d7669643b44.jpg

I don’t know if this show was mentioned previously in this thread, but this series is very good. For those that seen the movie Three days of the Condor, you will definitely like this series. It’s on some Borne Identity shit. I haven’t finished the series. I am on episode 7 and soon as I logoff work I pickup where I left off. It’s must see tv for me.

TV series description: After a low-level CIA analyst returns from lunch to discover everyone in his office has been killed, he goes on the run trying to elude hit men and uncover the truth about who is behind the murders. Based on the film "Three Days of the Condor."

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
12994ee3a1150e54a6a13d7669643b44.jpg

I don’t know if this show was mentioned previously in this thread, but this series is very good. For those that seen the movie Three days of the Condor, you will definitely like this series. It’s on some Borne Identity shit. I haven’t finished the series. I am on episode 7 and soon as I logoff work I pickup where I left off. It’s must see tv for me.

TV series description: After a low-level CIA analyst returns from lunch to discover everyone in his office has been killed, he goes on the run trying to elude hit men and uncover the truth about who is behind the murders. Based on the film "Three Days of the Condor."

yeah season 1 n 2 was posted in the trap ...

thanks for reminding me tho ..

i need to watch it ...never got around to it so many good shows out ...

summer is usually slow tho so i`ll squeeze it in ...

9YSZvhFox.jpg

MistaPhantastic

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Diversity means Black men chasing after ugly white women attractive women of all races chasing after white men in all of these european shows. I guess Black women only have Black sons in europe. All these Black men have no options for Black females I guess:smh::lol:
Fixed.
White males present themselves as the best option in their media.
How other men appear (if they appear at all) is secondary.

Last edited:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend