TV SHOWS / SERIES - Seen any good ones lately? Please feel free to post reviews / feedback / trailers / articles / TV news / all that shit ...

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Thus far in April ...

- Finished season 2 of You
- Halfway through season 1 of Them
- 2 episodes in on The Serpent
- 3 eps in on City on a Hill
- 2 eps to go for Ted Lasso
- Been dvr'ing occasional eps of the True Life docuseries. The older ones, and some of the newer content like Now, Crime, and Quarantine Stories.

Been meaning to check out the movies The Mauritanian, The Father, Nobody, and a few others in the weeks ahead.

Checked out Run yesterday.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Thus far in April ...

- Finished season 2 of You
- Halfway through season 1 of Them
- 2 episodes in on The Serpent
- 3 eps in on City on a Hill
- 2 eps to go for Ted Lasso
- Been dvr'ing occasional eps of the True Life docuseries. The older ones, and some of the newer content like Now, Crime, and Quarantine Stories.

Been meaning to check out the movies The Mauritanian, The Father, Nobody, and a few others in the weeks ahead.

Checked out Run yesterday.
True Life still airs? On MTV?

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
True Life still airs? On MTV?

I think MTV (Canada) still carries them in syndication on the main network.

MTV2 seems to have a scheduling block of 6 - 8pm PST locally now where they air the older ones and occasional new ones. The True Life Now, True Life Crime, True Life Quarantine Stories seem to be from the past 1 - 2 years. We'll glance at the menu guide & set the occasional recordings. The older True Life eps are an interesting time capsule.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
I think MTV (Canada) still carries them in syndication on the main network.

MTV2 seems to have a scheduling block of 6 - 8pm PST locally now where they air the older ones and occasional new ones. The True Life Now, True Life Crime, True Life Quarantine Stories seem to be from the past 1 - 2 years. We'll glance at the menu guide & set the occasional recordings. The older True Life eps are an interesting time capsule.

I use to enjoy that series back in the day. Just did a search it seems it is available on paramount+ but not on mtv in the US.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I use to enjoy that series back in the day. Just did a search it seems it is available on paramount+ but not on mtv in the US.

Yeah - it's a solid series. Especially when they delve into really serious topics for young people.

It's hard to keep up with all the platforms now. CBS All Access becoming Paramount+ ... Discovery, TLC & others moving a bunch of their stuff over to Discovery+ ...

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
Dead Places

An author who has dedicated his career to solving paranormal cases, returns home to South Africa to investigate the biggest mystery of his life: His sister’s death in a water canal 20 years ago.

Black show so i`ll give it a shot ....:money:

GAMETHEORY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
haven't been here in a minute but been watching this

This film following students of the Bard Prison Initiative is a tribute to their ambition and endeavour – and an indictment of the absence of funding for such programmes

CBB-hero_18x7.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
haven't been here in a minute but been watching this

This film following students of the Bard Prison Initiative is a tribute to their ambition and endeavour – and an indictment of the absence of funding for such programmes

CBB-hero_18x7.jpg

Thanks for the info. Listened to an interview of his recently which was on the Hollywood Reporter's TV's Top 5 podcast ...

3. Showrunner Spotlight.
Documentarians Ken Burns and Lynn Novick join the show this week to discuss their latest effort, PBS' Hemingway. The longtime collaborators discuss why the famed author wound up in their crosshairs, exploring his problematic history and why now was the right time for the project, which has been in the works for decades.

4. Showrunner Spotlight, Part 2.
It's baseball season! What better way to welcome the return of the National Pastime than with Burns and Novick, whose 10-part PBS doc Baseball is the cultural authority on Major League Baseball. This short segment sees us discuss the impact of MLB acknowledging the Negro Leagues and how those stats rewrite the game's rich history. Plus Burns weighs in on doing an 11th inning of the beloved doc and when he thinks Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens should be inducted into the Hall of Fame.

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dad Stop Embarrassing Me!

I really dont watch many sitcoms anymore.But this new Netflix series caught my eye and i thought it would be a cool family watch.
Jamie Foxx is Brian Dixon, a single father and businessman based in Atlanta. He inherited his mother's cosmetics company known as BAY Cosmetics.
Foxx isnt new to this so of course he does well in the role then throw David Alan Grier as Pops Dixon Brian's father in the mix and that adds to the very funny moments in the show.
Kyla-Drew as Sasha Dixon, Brian's teenager daughter does ok but is a little stiff on the show.
This was like watching a Disney channel show but with salty language and some innuendo thrown in.
There's some nice eye candy from Porscha Coleman as Chelsea Dixon, Brian's sister and Pops' daughter and Heather Hemmens as Stacy Collins,Brian's colleague at BAY Cosmetics.

Some of the themes presented work but some are cliched and then some.
Some of the drama in the show works.Some dramatic moments are forced.
So this was just ok but it was still great to see a father shown in a positive light.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Caught the 1st episode of Mare of Easttown the other day, and enjoyed it. Going to continue watching. Another strong performance from Kate Winslet, as expected. Recognized a few other people amongst the cast (Jean Smart, David Denman, and Guy Pearce). If you have enjoyed other movies & series such as Manchester by the Sea, Gone Baby Gone, Dublin Murders, and Sharp Objects ... you'll recognize and appreciate the mood and tone this show sets right off the bat.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered

Hyped to get this in May along with Jupiter's legacy from Netflix. 3 other shows returning for me in May is Girlfriend experience s3 on Starz, The Chi s4 on showtime and Black Monday s3 on showtime

STAR-69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Poster_for_Netflix_series_Into_the_Night.png

The series follows a group of people whose plane is hijacked while they are on board a red-eye flight from Brussels. Terenzio (Cassetti), the hijacker, was an Italian NATO soldier. He forces his way onto the commercial aircraft and demands an early take-off.[6] The handful of people in the aircraft became some of the survivors from a deadly global event that results from exposure to sunlight.[7] The plane heads west in an attempt to survive this catastrophe that kills all living organisms during daylight hours.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Finished Zero, it was very quick to binge since its 8 eps and avg around 20 mins per ep. Really enjoyed it as a black teen superhero story that dealt with real issues, i've only really seen that in cartoons like Static shock and into the spiderverse. The soundtrack was fire, nice shots of Milan where it's based in. I've been watching so many european tv shows lately and glad to see more color/diversity in them with Lupin, Snabba Cash, Zero, Gangs of London, 4 blocks, Mocro Maffia, etc. Thinking about checking out shadow and bone next

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Shadow and Bone started tonight. I'm one episode (dozed off for a nap on two and three) in and it's decent so far. Surprisingly it's set in an Eastern European backdrop.

This is young adult fiction. Dont expect any game of Thrones violence or complicated plot line.