TV SHOWS / SERIES - Seen any good ones lately? Please feel free to post reviews / feedback / trailers / articles / TV news / all that shit ...

GAMETHEORY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
FINISHED THIS:

81ILWLaB-sL._RI_.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Watched episode 1 of The Equalizer and Lupin

Also checked out the E:60 ESPN doc' feature Project 11. The hospital footage showing the severity of the leg injury and many surgeries. Wow. Very easily could have had the leg amputated. DVR'd it recently - under 1 hour with ads.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
@ViCiouS if u liked dogs of berlin u should watch "4 blocks", 3 seasons of it should be on HBOMAX now, i love these german show street shows on turks/lebanese/kurds/syrians in Berlin etc.

4 Blocks is a German drama series. It stars Kida Khodr Ramadan as Ali "Toni“ Hamady, the leader of a Lebanese crime family and drug cartel in Berlin-Neukölln. He is forced to postpone his plans to ...

The first season premiered on German pay television channel TNT Serie on May 8, 2017. A second season premiered on October 11, 2018 and a third in November 2019. Internationally, the series airs on Amazon Prime Video.

4 Blocks has received critical acclaim in Germany and has won multiple domestic awards, including the Grimme-Preis for Ramadan, Gelin, and director Marvin Kren, and six German Television Awards (Deutscher Fernsehpreis), including Best Drama Series, Best Actor for Ramadan, and Best Director for Kren.

dbrizzz

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Shadowplay

210207015624314260.png

Max McLaughlin is an American cop who arrives in Berlin in the summer of 1946 to help create a police force in the chaotic aftermath of the war. Max’s goal is to take down “Engelmacher” Gladow, the Capone of post-war Berlin. At the same time, Max undertakes a secret crusade to find his missing brother, who is killing ex-Nazis in hiding. Unbeknownst to Max, he is being used as a pawn in what is the actual beginning of the Cold War.

Gambit in this so i`m in ...:yes:

Oh hell yeah! I'm in like flynn! Network? Netlfix, Prime...?

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Checked out ep 1 of Derry Girls. Going to check out the 2 seasons. Very funny.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Checked out ep 1 of Derry Girls. Going to check out the 2 seasons. Very funny.

Supposed to be a third but filming suspended due to Covid

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
Clarice

Clarice is set in 1993, a year after the events of The Silence of the Lambs. The series is a deep dive into the untold personal story of Clarice Starling, as she returns to the field to pursue serial murderers and sexual predators while navigating the high stakes political world of Washington, D.C.

789c0e87e2124e7e6e4722535032dc5c.md.png

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Watched the 4-part Netflix docuseries on Elisa Lam. It was definitely quite the story internationally, and was big locally as she was a university student in our province. Wished there would have been commentary from her loved ones back home. Did appreciate the info pertaining to the sordid history of the hotel itself, and the challenging environment of the surrounding region of Skid Row. Definitely troubling hearing the participation from the "internet sleuths" who were fascinated by the elevator footage and thought they were helping the case. They certainly weren't ...

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Yeah - should be easy enough to get caught up on before eventual 3rd season. Short eps and total # for first two seasons. Have you checked it out previously?
Seen the firstseason,got to finish watching the rest of the second

Clarice

Clarice is set in 1993, a year after the events of The Silence of the Lambs. The series is a deep dive into the untold personal story of Clarice Starling, as she returns to the field to pursue serial murderers and sexual predators while navigating the high stakes political world of Washington, D.C.

789c0e87e2124e7e6e4722535032dc5c.md.png

Too bad this isnt connected to the cancelled NBC Hannibal series..

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Dry out there so between Youtube for news and documentaries...

Babylon%2BBerlin.jpg

Babylon Berlin is a German neo-noir television series. It is created, written and directed by Tom Tykwer, Achim von Borries and Hendrik Handloegten, based on novels by German author Volker Kutscher. The series takes place in Berlin during the Weimar Republic, starting in 1929. It follows Gereon Rath, a police inspector on assignment from Cologne who is on a secret mission to dismantle an extortion ring, and Charlotte Ritter, police clerk by day, flapper by night, who is aspiring to become a police inspector.

The series premiered on 13 October 2017 on Sky 1, a German-language entertainment channel broadcast by Sky Deutschland. The first release consisted of a continuous run of sixteen episodes, with the first eight officially known as Season 1, and the second eight known as Season 2. Netflix released the first two seasons in the U.S., Canada, and Australia. The second run of twelve episodes, officially known as Season 3, premiered on 24 January 2020 on Sky 1.[1] A fourth season, set in mid-1931, is planned for 2021.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Leatherf7ce

Phantom of the Chakras
BGOL Investor
Finished the Flight Attendant. Thought it was well done and Rosie Perez is sexy so is the Greenleaf lady she in it too

Zero Zero Zero is really dope so far 7 EPS in. Enjoying the sprawling storyline of the coke trade. When I tell ppl about it they think they've seen something like it before but it's really well done

Space Sweepers is a Korean sci fi flick on Netflix. If you like the Wandering Earth check for this. Really dope. Good flick for the fam.

New season of Wentworth. The Freak is back and I'm all in!

The new Twilight Zone is so fucking retarded I went back to watch the classic series when I'm waiting for ole lady finish cooking

Queen Sugar back. Show me and my lady watch. Some bad bitches on there

Kim's Convenience on Netflix when you want something funny and quick you've never seen

I May Destroy You

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Finished the Flight Attendant. Thought it was well done and Rosie Perez is sexy so is the Greenleaf lady she in it too

Zero Zero Zero is really dope so far 7 EPS in. Enjoying the sprawling storyline of the coke trade. When I tell ppl about it they think they've seen something like it before but it's really well done

Space Sweepers is a Korean sci fi flick on Netflix. If you like the Wandering Earth check for this. Really dope. Good flick for the fam.

Glad you liked The Flight Attendant too. Checked it out in December. Listened to an interview with Cuoco in January, and it was interesting hearing her explain how they went about getting the 2018 book adapted.

Zero Zero Zero was the truth. Really enjoyed that series. Have recommended it to a number of friends & family.

Looking forward to seeing Space Sweepers. Been seeing the positive reviews at BGOL this month.

:thumbsup: :cheers:

stixx passin thru

International
International Member
oh shit.......i mean i knew it was coming but still oh shit

Apparently he dreamed it while knocked out.....Fabulous episode if you ask me...

Hope they play on that relationship and make it real and at no one's expense...Like she becomes his Moral compass and only she can save him.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Almost finished 8 (of 10) episodes for The Wilds.

It's been hit and miss along the way, but we've kept with it.

Pros - the ups and downs amongst the group, the back story and character development and how the story is pieced together. Plus, the weathered look many take on after being stranded and sun-exposed so long. Some good acting at times amongst the younger cast - some more believable than others.

Cons - Think it may have worked better at 6 - 8 episodes, though that would have decreased the ability to character develop as much. Having enjoyed shorter seasons and limited series like Lupin, Peaky Blinders, Trackers, Goliath, and Coyote ... felt they could have condensed it a bit. Or shorten the episodes by 10 - 15 mins. Plus, there's only a few likeable characters amongst the crew. Also, show more about the true survival - water hydration & legit food intake, as they didn't appear to be able to forage much on the island. Seemed like they were surviving on minimal water, pop, chips, snacks, etc. What else? Coconuts, bananas, boiling water, catching fish? Were those options? Would have appreciated seeing that ...

The Wilds is an American drama streaming television series created by Sarah Streicher for Prime Video. The series centers around a group of teenage girls who are left stranded on a deserted island after a plane crash, but are unaware they are the subjects of a social experiment. The ensemble cast features Sophia Ali, Reign Edwards, Shannon Berry, Jenna Clause, Mia Healey, Helena Howard, Erana James, Sarah Pidgeon, David Sullivan, Troy Winbush, and Rachel Griffiths. The first season was released on Prime Video on December 11, 2020 and received positive reviews from critics, with praise for the performances, writing, and plot. In December 2020, the series was renewed for a second season.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend