TV Show Discussion: The Boys by Garth Ennis on Amazon Prime (Fonz Approved!!!) Update: Gen V spin off airing new!

wise

2009 & 2010 POY!!!
Certified Pussy Poster
You think they gonna stick with the comics? They have went in different directions of other stuff figured they would with this also.
Good Point! I thought about that too. Not much a surprise with the info being out there. Guess we will see!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I actually prefer the weekly model

yeah, same here.

would you both want ALL streaming services to do that going forward though?

Cause with me it depends

Netflix did it for that rap reality show and I did not mind

Obviously the Last Dance worked perfectly

Wu Tang I think should have been the whole season but I never missed an episode, but I DID forget a few times and honestly if it was pandemic time I think it might have gotten LOST in the barrage of available content.

I feel it worked PERFECTLY for the Mandalorian it became appointment viewing and a family thing

HOWEVER

I also like the ability and convenience of watching more than one episode if I am so inclined especially since I'm paying for it.

And certain shows just LEND themselves to watching back to back to back..

i watched the Boys and the Tick like that

and I wasn't even PLANNING to.

So the question is if THOSE SHOWS were every week would have made sure to watch it THAT day?

I gotta think on that.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor

Cause with me it depends

Wu Tang I think should have been the whole season but I never missed an episode, but I DID forget a few times and honestly if it was pandemic time I think it might have gotten LOST in the barrage of available content.

I feel it worked PERFECTLY for the Mandalorian it became appointment viewing and a family thing

HOWEVER

I also like the ability and convenience of watching more than one episode if I am so inclined especially since I'm paying for it.

So the question is if THOSE SHOWS were every week would have made sure to watch it THAT day?

I gotta think on that.
just depends on how much stuff i am watching at the time. I don't mind it either way. Like twilight zone came out yesterday and i am already on the last episode. Doom Patrol releases the first 3 episodes and i already watched 2. I do hate cliffhangers though, so if a whole season is available, i'm just gonna binge it.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
just depends on how much stuff i am watching at the time. I don't mind it either way. Like twilight zone came out yesterday and i am already on the last episode. Doom Patrol releases the first 3 episodes and i already watched 2. I do hate cliffhangers though, so if a whole season is available, i'm just gonna binge it.

completely agree

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
I've gotten accustomed to having the whole season available on Netflix and AP. They aren't dependent upon ad revenue so I don't see what the upside is in doing a weekly serial as though they are looking for a ratings share.

I have cable and the weekly shows that I watch on there, I don't mind, but in between whatever night a particular show comes on (normally the weekend), I like being able to binge my streaming shows in between those nights.

I can live with it, but I'd prefer to have the whole season dump at once.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Pre Covid world I definitely would want them all to be weekly since I usually would have 10+ weekly regular shows from networks etc. that I watch besides maybe summer season where it'd be under 10 but still over 5. Now currently in this covid world I wouldn't mind the binge model since my weekly shows currently is like at an all time low of 4 with just The 100 on Wed, Harley Quinn on Fri, The Chi and black monday on the weekend so I've been binging shows that I didn't even get a chance to before on my regular weekly schedule

Cause with me it depends

HOWEVER

I gotta think on that.

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
When the fuck is this coming out?!

This is what I hate about Netflix. They NEVER say when the next season is being released. It’s all a fucking game

September 4th...
:fuckyousay:
This is on Amazon...

More than likely this got pushed back because of Covid -19... Came out in July last year...

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
When the fuck is this coming out?!

This is what I hate about Netflix. They NEVER say when the next season is being released. It’s all a fucking game
I guess you bailed out before the big September 4th on Amazon prime popped up at the end of video.