TV Show Discussion: The Boys by Garth Ennis on Amazon Prime (Fonz Approved!!!) Update: Gen V spin off airing new!

storm_shadoh

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
WOW this show was amazing. Never read the comic but Homelander will go down as one of the illest villains
ever. .I hope HBO did their homework with Watchmen cuz this will be hard to surpass.

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
i completely disagree...

are you a comic book fan?

You familiar with Ennis?
Am I a comic book fan?

Bruh...

I own my own comicbook publishing company.

I have some of th ed hottest Black artists in the country working for me.

I have an exhibitors booth at this years New York Comicon.

And The Boys was GAY AS HELL.

I'm not gonna disrespect the forum by posting the picture.

https:// i.imgur.com/vUP84Ry. jpg

That bullshit was in damn near every issue.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Am I a comic book fan?

Bruh...

I'm not gonna disrespect the forum by posting the picture, but here a link to just one of the pages of fuckery.

.jpg

So you OFFICIAL fam..I used to be selling at shows and worked in a shop back in day.

I guess I just KNOW Ennis work.

He was always Tarantino ish...

I never saw it as gay, but he just had a lot of dick joke toilet humor stuff.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Am I a comic book fan?

Bruh...

I'm not gonna disrespect the forum by posting the picture.

https:// i.imgur.com/vUP84Ry. jpg

more importantly, fam ...

If you can hook me up with some passes for Sunday Kids day it would be appreciated...

Cause they only got Thursday passes left.

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
So you OFFICIAL fam..I used to be selling at shows and worked in a shop back in day.

I guess I just KNOW Ennis work.

He was always Tarantino ish...

I never saw it as gay, but he just had a lot of dick joke toilet humor stuff.
the dudes in the comic were having sex with each other in almost every issue.

how is that not gay?

and why i got to give you tickets? they aint free for me.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
the dudes in the comic were having sex with each other in almost every issue.

how is that not gay?

and why i got to give you tickets? they aint free for me.

First off i was kidding fam...

Don't need ya tix.

Back to Ennis, that's his schtick so i guess i never saw it like that. He always got some extreme ultra violent rape cursing dick pussy cum sh*t gay rape jokes littered throughout. He even did that in the punisher run and hitman. It was always more frat boy humor to me.

I never saw it as a "gay comic" and you as an actual professional in the business would know MUCH more than me, I'm curious, have you had peers say that about "The boys" specifically and Ennis' writing?

Again yeah there is homosexual content but i can name TONS of books with sone type of gay subtext hell the Authority for example especially now.

I HEAR you, but again i know OF gay comics i don't read them but i never put THAT book which many consider a classic in that specific category.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Science Physics Sidebar...

COULD Homelander have saved that plane?
theres one thing I think people are overlooking homelander looked down on people in general. there were a number of things he could have done but he was very disconnected to humans in general and so didn't bother with trying to figure out SOMETHING once the easier options ran out.
Erin-Moriarty-Nude-TheFappeningBlog.com-1.jpg

https://nudogram.com/videos/2404/erin-moriarty-nude-driven-2018-hd-1080p/

I bet her pussy tastes like spring!:sleazy::sleazy:

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
First off i was kidding fam...

Don't need ya tix.

Back to Ennis, that's his schtick so i guess i never saw it like that. He always got some extreme ultra violent rape cursing dick pussy cum sh*t gay rape jokes littered throughout. He even did that in the punisher run and hitman. It was always more frat boy humor to me.

I never saw it as a "gay comic" and you as an actual professional in the business would know MUCH more than me, I'm curious, have you had peers say that about "The boys" specifically and Ennis' writing?

Again yeah there is homosexual content but i can name TONS of books with sone type of gay subtext hell the Authority for example especially now.

I HEAR you, but again i know OF gay comics i don't read them but i never put THAT book which many consider a classic in that specific category.
so many people have asked me for free tickets its mind numbing. and plane tickets. and can i crash at your air bnb . and can i be at your booth. sorry i aint get the joke.

and speaking of jokes...there was SO MUCH "gay humor" in The Boys that it became the norm. every damn book had male orgies in them.

how do you dismiss that?

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
so many people have asked me for free tickets its mind numbing. and plane tickets. and can i crash at your air bnb . and can i be at your booth. sorry i aint get the joke.

and speaking of jokes...there was SO MUCH "gay humor" in The Boys that it became the norm. every damn book had male orgies in them.

how do you dismiss that?
The comic was marketed to young men and all the gay scenes were meant to be funny and more homophobic than gay. If you notice during the orgies the men were always high on drugs and acting all crazy, which is the image they use to use to denigrate gay people back in the day and arrest them.
While this is not what the writers intended the gay scenes are meant to be funny, because this is what straight men think gay people do behind closed door.
So no this isn't a gay comic or trying to convert anyone.

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't watch a lot of shows, just sports stuff but I checked this out last night and I was like wtf. :eek2::yes:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Patton Oswalt joins Amazon's The Boys season 2 in secret role

By
October 18, 2019 at 12:57 AM EDT
FBTwitterMore

Patton Oswalt has come to The Boys’ rescue.
ROB LATOUR/REX/SHUTTERSTOCK
The comedian and actor has joined season 2 of the acclaimed Amazon Prime series in a secret role. Series showrunner Eric Kripke made the announcement on Thursday via Twitter, sharing a selfie of himself and Oswalt with the caption, “Thank you @pattonoswalt, that was AMAZING!”

The Boys, hailing from Supernatural creator Kripke, is based on the comic by Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson. In the critically praised first season, viewers were introduced to a world where The Seven, a corrupt group of superheroes led by the sociopathic Homelander (Antony Starr), fight crime in carefully managed photo opps. The Boys, led by Karl Urban‘s Billy Butcher, were tasked by the government with keeping the superhumans in check, but were ultimately disbanded and went rogue.

Fans are already speculating that Oswalt will portray The Legend, a former comic book writer and editor with an encyclopedic knowledge of superheroes. The role would be right up Oswalt’s alley, as he’s written numerous comic books of his own.

He’s also played a variety of roles in comic adaptations, and recently voiced Uncle Ben on the animated Spider-Man TV series and starred in Syfy’s Happy!, which is based on the comics by Grant Morrison. And let’s not forget Garth Blundin, one of Oswalt’s most memorable “scholarly geek”-type roles on Parks and Recreation, who improvised an entire Star Wars filibuster.

Oswalt joins Timeless actors Goran Visnjic and Claudia Doumit as newcomers for The Boys season 2.

@ViCiouS @fonzerrillii

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Could this new season actually be harder core?

I wonder if from now on these companies are just gonna have shows film 2 seasons at a time?

The cost alone for production marketing promotion etc...

It just makes more sense.

EVERYONE KNEW after that 1st episode it was getting renewed

Hell the lord of the rings show was renewed BEFORE season one aired...

Like Amazon had a CHOICE.

So just invest in 3 seasons minimum

Also increases replay and streaming because many won't watch ONE cancelled season of a show especially if it ends in a cliffhanger.

And you also dont want a huge lapse between seasons.

I think Disney+ may run into this issue if the mandalorian is the only show on the entire service that pops.

Thoughts...

@ViCiouS

wise

2009 & 2010 POY!!!
Certified Pussy Poster
Im sure we gonna see more of Black Noir this season! I almost wish i didnt know his identity lol