TV Show Discussion Thread: The Boys by Garth Ennis on Amazon Prime (Fonz Approved!!!) Season Two 9/4/20

keone

WORLD WAR K
International Member
Likewise.. He did a dam good job.. Also shows how hard it is for non A list black actors to get high profile quality work. Id never been impressed with his work prior to this. But he killed it.

8 episodes left me feeling cheated btw. That finale felt like a build up to a climax. I thought there were atleast 2 more episodes after watching that. Kinda ended abruptly imo.
Nah 8 ep is good bigbro cause onze they go pissed it they will fuck it up. 10 max

Also he was good in breakout Kings until they decided to kill him forshock

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
killed the mayor
knew he was being hunted
killed the airplane and had a new narrative by the time he landed
planted super terrorist to go kill
found out about his son and took the dude to his wife who left and didn't think twice about it
Damn...

I think i let the comic effect my judgment

Mr.Mojo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
To think they've only showed a tiny corner of the boys universe.. Those other camps.. All those missions.. Man shit gets fucked up.. It's some shit going on they can definitely leave out. That's where being true to the source material meets your offending my senses..

It's crazy.. garth ennis hates supes and that Probaly makes him one of the best people to write them. He exposes the flaws peels back all that pretty shit.

IMDATDUDE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Great show. Now I'm not a big super hero fan so I thought all those Netflix shows were trash. I watched this and then watched the Avengers Endgame for the first time Saturday smh The Boys ruined Endgame for me. This show is more my speed when it comes to this stuff

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
This looks beyond amazing..

:money:
The Boys was reportedly a big hit for Amazon
Amazon has revealed that the Seth Rogen superhero adaptation The Boys is already one of its most-watched shows ever.
NEWS
Alec Bojalad
Aug 9, 2019

Who said anything about superhero fatigue?

Amazon Prime has reported that its Garth Ennis superhero adaptation from producer Seth Rogen, The Boys, is already among its most watched original series ever. And that's only after two weeks.

“I’m so beyond thrilled with the response to season 1. And mainly, it’s made me get my ass in gear and work even harder on season 2,” executive producer Eric Kripke said. “I don’t want season 2 to go bigger, I want it to go deeper. A more intense, more insane, more wrenching, more character-driven season. It’s my one and only goal to make season 2 even better than season 1.”

As a streaming service, Amazon Prime has followed the lead of its competitors and peers in not making actual viewership data to the general public. So any self-reporting of success should be taken with a grain of salt. But in this instance, it's not hard to conceive of The Boys's major success. The show currently has an 81% on Rotten Tomatoes with an audience score of 94%. And anecdotally it seems to be a driver of much online discussion.

The Boys is among the darkest and most intriguing takes of superherodom on television yet. The show takes its lead from Ennis and Darick Robertson's bleakly hilarious comic book series. The Boys imagines a world in which superheroes are not only real but actual celebrities. When those superpowered celebrities' reckless behavior jeopardises the safety of the world, the CIA squad known as "The Boys" are sent in to check them.

“We are thrilled that The Boys have surpassed our predictions for viewing in its first two weeks, and has become one of our most watched Amazon Original series by our Prime Video customers,” Jennifer Salke, Head of Amazon Studios, said in a statement. “This creates great momentum and excitement for us as we get ready for season two.”

PeerlessMack

Been here longer than you think!
BGOL Investor
Damn, I didn't think I would be into the show like this. Now I can't wait for season 2.

My thoughts below (hid for spoilers)

• Black Noir is my favorite supe. Turns out dude who plays him is black.
  • Butcher is just as much as an asshole as the supes.
  • Elisabeth Shue played the hell out of her role. Now that she is gone you know our boy, Giancarlo Esposito, is gonna take her place as the corporate antagonist.
  • LMAO how they portrayed real life B-list actors as washed up has-beens on the show.
  • Damn, all that hate and rage and years of planning vengeance only to find out your wife, that you thought was murdered, was simply a cheating bitch.
  • Mother's Milk shouldn't have put his family at risk like that.
  • Doppleganger is a real problem. Dude could ruin more lives than any of the other supes.

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn, I didn't think I would be into the show like this. Now I can't wait for season 2.

• Elisabeth Shue played the hell out of her role. Now that she is gone you know our boy, Giancarlo Esposito, is gonna take her place as the corporate antagonist.
  • LMAO how they portrayed real life B-list actors as washed up has-beens on the show.
  • Damn, all that hate and rage and years of planning vengeance only to find out your wife, that you thought was murdered, was simply a cheating bitch.
  • Doppleganger is a real problem. Dude could ruin more lives than any of the other supes.
We don't know if the wife cheated.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Would be ILL if Shue is not really dead and it was Doppleganger....

because we STILL don't know what happened to HER baby.

Last edited:

keone

WORLD WAR K
International Member

BN dont play stone cold killer

storm_shadoh

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
WOW this show was amazing. Never read the comic but Homelander will go down as one of the illest villains
ever. .I hope HBO did their homework with Watchmen cuz this will be hard to surpass.

BigDaddyBuk

Rising Star
Platinum Member
i completely disagree...

are you a comic book fan?

You familiar with Ennis?
Am I a comic book fan?

Bruh...

I own my own comicbook publishing company.

I have some of th ed hottest Black artists in the country working for me.

I have an exhibitors booth at this years New York Comicon.

And The Boys was GAY AS HELL.

I'm not gonna disrespect the forum by posting the picture.

https:// i.imgur.com/vUP84Ry. jpg

That bullshit was in damn near every issue.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Am I a comic book fan?

Bruh...

I'm not gonna disrespect the forum by posting the picture, but here a link to just one of the pages of fuckery.

.jpg

So you OFFICIAL fam..I used to be selling at shows and worked in a shop back in day.

I guess I just KNOW Ennis work.

He was always Tarantino ish...

I never saw it as gay, but he just had a lot of dick joke toilet humor stuff.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Am I a comic book fan?

Bruh...

I'm not gonna disrespect the forum by posting the picture.

https:// i.imgur.com/vUP84Ry. jpg

more importantly, fam ...

If you can hook me up with some passes for Sunday Kids day it would be appreciated...

Cause they only got Thursday passes left.

BigDaddyBuk

Rising Star
Platinum Member
So you OFFICIAL fam..I used to be selling at shows and worked in a shop back in day.

I guess I just KNOW Ennis work.

He was always Tarantino ish...

I never saw it as gay, but he just had a lot of dick joke toilet humor stuff.
the dudes in the comic were having sex with each other in almost every issue.

how is that not gay?

and why i got to give you tickets? they aint free for me.