TV Show Discussion: The Boys by Garth Ennis on Amazon Prime (Fonz Approved!!!) Update: Gen V spin off airing new!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Mad that black cat had the weakest powers
And had to actively defend his title to be in the 7
That was grade a bullshit

Apparently the actor spoke to the showrunner and crafted his character like this

He had already played an athlete and wanted to show a super hero version of a pro athlete wanting to stay on the team.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
depends on the nature of his power
HOW does he fly?

Because Maeve SPECIFICALLY references a CLASSIC super hero (SUPERMAN) move of going UNDER the plane and carrying the weight and gliding it in...

But Homelander claims he has nothing to "stand on" its all air.

HE says he can FLY and float but not "WALK" on air

which makes a weird kind of sense even in super hero science.

@4 Dimensional get your scientist hat on.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
He did in survivors remorse

Sounds like he was scared of the depth
Pun intended

I was really surprised that most of the character arc was HIS idea...

it was really low hanging fruit.

a very easy common even boring interpretation.

A Black athlete taking steroids to stay on the team, who isnt too bright all he can do is run mother is dead Big Brother mentor profiled in a store with cell phone footage

White girlfriend even? (former drug addict to boot)

Wow.

I think that is when the white showrunner has to intervene and say yeah I understand what you TRYING to DO?

But ummm we going bigger and deeper.

Black Noire character had more depth and he aint said sh*t

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
So I assume we discussed the eating ass to death scene?

Before+and+after+crushing+your+landlords+head+with+your+ass+_d03732b494b799c7671fcd28d5b87d37.jpg

+_e27182b6780a48d481b3e0c70b8e146b.png

OK good.

Last edited:

WattDogs

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Because Maeve SPECIFICALLY references a CLASSIC super hero (SUPERMAN) move of going UNDER the plane and carrying the weight and gliding it in...

But Homelander claims he has nothing to "stand on" its all air.

HE says he can FLY and float but not "WALK" on air

which makes a weird kind of sense even in super hero science.

@4 Dimensional get your scientist hat on.

Probably flies by controlling his local gravity, which he would understand as flight (using gravity to move him forward) & floating.

It wouldn't matter anyway. At his level of strength & without anything to push against...him trying to "carry" the plane would lead to him punching right through it.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

Probably flies by controlling his local gravity, which he would understand as flight (using gravity to move him forward) & floating.

It wouldn't matter anyway. At his level of strength & without anything to push against...him trying to "carry" the plane would lead to him punching right through it.
So IF he is able to fly by amplifying and manipulating a gravity field ... he wouldn't punch through the plane

And he wouldn't need to 'carry' it. Just guide it to maintain glide as it descends and air resistance slows the craft to terminal velocity
And eventually ditch or crash land the jet
That's at minimum -if he has complete control of the gravity field he would have more options

WattDogs

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So IF he is able to fly by amplifying and manipulating a gravity field ... he wouldn't punch through the plane

And he wouldn't need to 'carry' it. Just guide it to maintain glide as it descends and air resistance slows the craft to terminal velocity
And eventually ditch or crash land the jet
That's at minimum -if he has complete control of the gravity field he would have more options

That's just it...I don't think he does (have complete control of the gravity field). And I think he knows that, hence his dependence on a "ground" to push off of.

If Homelander was half as smart as he think he is, he could've easily straightened the airplane's flaps & bumped the plane to keep it soaring enough of a distance to make it to shallow water and/or land.

But Homelander is the perfect example of all brawn, no brains.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
That's just it...I don't think he does (have complete control of the gravity field). And I think he knows that, hence his dependence on a "ground" to push off of.

If Homelander was half as smart as he think he is, he could've easily straightened the airplane's flaps & bumped the plane to keep it soaring enough of a distance to make it to shallow water and/or land.

But Homelander is the perfect example of all brawn, no brains.
the season finale demonstrates that he has intellect and perception

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
yup...

Its almost like he WAS not as smart..

but started to EVOLVE.

:scared:
nah - it was always there - the audience and most at Vought couldn't see it

consider how long he was putting the pieces in place to get political pressure for adding heros to the military
Vought execs may have set the initiative but Homelander really saw how to create the necessity

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
nah - it was always there - the audience and most at Vought couldn't see it

consider how long he was putting the pieces in place to get political pressure for adding heros to the military
Vought execs may have set the initiative but Homelander really saw how to create the necessity

you think so?

I did too... the PERFECTLY timed and worded speeches and creating super villains

even the airplane question I posed?

He COULD have DELIBERATELY let that plane crash...

However I am thinking he did so much emotionally stunted stuff and fell for so much stuff especially with his early relationship with Maeve, being easily manipulated his OBVIOUS jealousy for the baby?

I think its POSSIBLE he was getting SMARTER...

cause it DID take him almost 10 years to figure he had a son.

Again he could be a Machiavellian genius!!!

but I don't know...

the van HAPPENED to be lined with zinc and he wasn't SUSPICIOUS enough to search the van?

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
cause it DID take him almost 10 years to figure he had a son.
it took him a few days to figure that out - not years -
after some real detective work

He didn't know about the kid and most likly never noticed Butchers wife was gone-he didn't care- until...

consider that he remembered Butcher and by extension- his wife from a photo
understood that it wasn't a coincidence that Butcher was one of the people that killed Trans
and in turn then started looking for Butchers wife himself -
which lead him back to the Dr

and then was able to use his power to detect the lies/ inconsistencies he was told by both his boss and the Dr

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
it took him a few days to figure that out - not years -
after some real detective work

He didn't know about the kid and most likly never noticed Butchers wife was gone- until...

consider that he remembered Butcher and by extension- his wife from a photo
understood that it wasn't a coincidence that Butcher was one of the people that killed Trans
and in turn then started looking for Butchers wife himself -
which lead him back to the Dr

and then was able to use his power to detect the lies/ inconsistencies he was told by both his boss and the Dr

agreed...

but come on he didn't know Stillwell BEEN playing him...

Again I aint saying he didn't get Keiser Soza at the end there but I still think he wasn't THAT smart the entire time.

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Wow.. episode 7 hit you with that twist to the Story of Homelander and Butcher. I like this much better then the Comic.

This show is AWESOME

Sounds like the show is better than the comic since the mindless gay stuff is kept to a minimum. I was going to read the comic online but based on what @BigDaddyBuk mentioned, I'm a bit leery about reading it. Over saturation of gay stuff is a story line killer.

Last edited:

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
agreed...

but come on he didn't know Stillwell BEEN playing him...

Again I aint saying he didn't get Keiser Soza at the end there but I still think he wasn't THAT smart the entire time.
"trust is a motherfucker"

I could tell you a few stories of being blind while I was under attack or being manipulated by someone I trusted or loved

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Also I'm going to need my boy Karl Urban in a British Gangster movie. ... He is killing this Role.

I almost feel like Alot of his prime years were wasted... Cause He could have made a killing under these type of roles. This is the shit that's perfect for him... The Rugged British dude with an attitude who doesn't follow the rules.

Him and Jason Statham in a movie would be incredible

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
yeah - this performance is "Phil" like

if you haven't seen it yet - you need see Banshee

I gotta catch up with that I saw the first 2 episodes of the first season and it was GREAT just never got around to finishing it.

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I finally finished this. Kept getting put off by how much an asshole homelander was. But I wanted to see how this shit ended. I blasted through the last four episodes. And it was great. That was hell of a season finale. One of my favorite scenes is the butcher using the baby as a laser ray. And the ending, butcher realizing his wife. Was a fonky bittttttch.

babydaddy

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I finally finished this. Kept getting put off by how much an asshole homelander was. But I wanted to see how this shit ended. I blasted through the last four episodes. And it was great. That was hell of a season finale. One of my favorite scenes is the butcher using the baby as a laser ray. And the ending, butcher realizing his wife. Was a fonky bittttttch.
Yeap alot bullshit happened because he was assuming shit lmaooooo.