TV Show Discussion: The Boys by Garth Ennis on Amazon Prime (Fonz Approved!!!) Update: Gen V spin off airing new!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Amazon Decides to Bring Back The Boys for a Second Season Ahead of Series Premiere
By Halle Kiefer@hallekiefer
19-The-Boys.w330.h330.jpg

Photo: Amazon Prime

And lo, the boys are not back in town, for indeed, they never left. Amazon Prime Video announced Friday at San Diego Comic-Con that they’re so confident you’ll love their upcoming dark superhero dramedy The Boys, you’ll be back for a second season, even though the show itself does not premiere until Friday, July 26.

The Seth Rogen and Eric Kripke–produced show, based on the Garth Ennis and Darick Robertson comic-book series of the same name, follows an elite team of CIA weirdos tasked with policing the planet’s widely revered, increasingly corrupt superheroes, specifically an elite cabal known as the Seven. You’re the Worst star Aya Cash will also join the show’s newly announced second season as Stormfront, in case the boys as is weren’t cutting it for you.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor

This looks so fucking Lit!!!

Can't wait

holy shit...this is gonna be ugly (in a good way) if they’re not gonna hold back on the violence and be true to the comics...damn...great trailer

does amazon drop all the episodes @ once or on a weekly basis?

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
So far this show makes me wonder... why in the world would Amazon cancel the tick...

Cause that would have been a great show to pair with The Boys.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
Dam this might be the 2nd Amazon series I watch ever besides The Tick, i heard amazon is no longer doing the Conan series that I was waiting on. I guess i'm waiting for them to do the LOTR series
I got an email from Amazon. They notice that I've never watched shit on Prime. I'm gonna have to check this one out though.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I got an email from Amazon. They notice that I've never watched shit on Prime. I'm gonna have to check this one out though.

Prime has a couple good shows....

Tick is fucking tight.

I like the Man in the High Castle

And the new season of The Expanse drops soon

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
This is really good but I’ve got a sneaking feeling that this is going to end up as a Part 1 type of season.....

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Will check it out.

Amazon Prime has been impressive with their original outings.

Jack Ryan
Man in the High Castle
The Widow
Bosch
Catastrophe
Sneaky Pete

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
Bosch is good too.
I just added it to my Season Watchlist among other recommendations in the thread. :cheers:Now I just need to remember/recover my password and log in on my TV. I hadn't watched television in almost three years...log onto BGOL and that shit is utterly destroyed.:roflmao:

8 episodes of The Boys are up as we speak.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
@playahaitian

I would ask that you edit the title of the thread to Amazon Series: The Boys (2019) official discussion thread Starring Karl Urban

Because with your current thread title ... this thread is hard to find if you just type “the Boys” in search under thread titles. I posted my thread cause I never saw yours under search.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Yeah this is my 3rd Amazon Original so far after The Tick and Too Old to die Young, 4th 1 will be Carnival Row next month. Amazon finally making the shows that interest me now

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
This mutherfucker here is a real life Gene Parmesan... There's no way that I would have thought this was the same dude that Played my boy Lucas Hood...

giphy.gif

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
making Stillwell a Older single mother... Really works in this show with her relationship with homelander.