TV Show Discussion: The Boys by Garth Ennis on Amazon Prime (Fonz Approved!!!) Update: Gen V spin off airing new!

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
Gay sex, beastiality, and a dude getting galloons of cum sprayed on him wasnt enough? What more did you want to see?
With all the shit they've done already and how they push the envelope, I just expected them to do a hell of a lot more. Shit was still crazy though

PeerlessMack

Been here longer than you think!
Platinum Member
Anyone else think Soldier Boy hesitated?

Yep. That or his powers were weaker the 2nd time and he couldn't do it.

I also thought Homelander had the upper hand on Soldier Boy. However, Butcher was the one who seem to handle Homelander the best. I think Homelander is rusty at straight-up combat because he has not been in such a direct blow-to-blow battle in a long time. Him almost getting taken out is going to fuck with his psych big time! It may even be his Achilles heel.

babydaddy

Rising Star
Platinum Member

I also thought Homelander had the upper hand on Soldier Boy. However, Butcher was the one who seem to handle Homelander the best. I think Homelander is rusty at straight-up combat because he has not been in such a direct blow-to-blow battle in a long time. Him almost getting taken out is going to fuck with his psych big time! It may even be his Achilles heel.
all apart of stan plan lol.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

^^^^^

shamone

Rising Star
OG Investor

homelander was getting handle for a moment by soldier boy. he just overpowered him. butcher caught him by surprised. and got off a little bit too. but all 3 of them together got homelander by surprise and almost had him. soldier boy shot his blast early on the tnt twins.

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
A straight up fight between Starlight and the head popper would be a quick draw situation, since head popper needs line of sight for her powers to work it would come down to who's faster on the draw. Can Starlight blind her before her head gets popped?

PeerlessMack

Platinum Member
A straight up fight between Starlight and the head popper would be a quick draw situation, since head popper needs line of sight for her powers to work it would come down to who's faster on the draw. Can Starlight blind her before her head gets popped?

Actually, I think Hughie would be a better match to defeat headpopper. He can keep teleporting to keep out of her sight. Then go in for the kill behind her or something. Hell, he can even teleport her ass 5 miles in the air and let her fall to her death. Seems there is a good reason she kept her powers hidden. She is really vulnerable. She can still die a normal human death. Catch her sleeping or from behind and put a quick bullet in her head. In fact, they could even slip something in her drink to poison her ass.

I know they tried to redeem her a little by showing she was being manipulated by Stan and is a protective mother, but there is something I really do not like about her. The talk she had with Starlight revealed it. She is just as grimey and only have self-interest as the others. Glad Starlight stood up to her.

PeerlessMack

Platinum Member
Right, very dangerous but if you know her powers work by line of sight, she's vulnerable. Then again, I don't think Starlight and Hughie know how her powers work yet.

I can't remember 100% but I thought Houghie caught a glimpse of the fight between Headpopper and her friend in the alley. If he did then he would know she needs a line of sight. If not then, yeah, she would be extremely dangerous.

Max Headrom

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Straight back shots cuz them thick eyebrows are too distracting.

It ain't the eyebrows for me, the bitch look like Henry Cavill...

Paul1970

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Great episode!!

Poor MM(LOL).

Poor Termite.

Homelander went full Aryan with the "Mud People" line.

I don't think they can kill Homelander.

Hurt?
Maybe.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

If you remember he was shook when watching the video of Solider Boy when he let loose on those buildings. You have to remember he isn't a "warrior" he's a bully, he's never fought anyone as strong as him or someone that would give him a challenge.

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
These reactions to A Train are hilarious. Question for the thread......is this enough to forgive A Train or nah he's never invited back to the cookout???

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
These reactions to A Train are hilarious. Question for the thread......is this enough to forgive A Train or nah he's never invited back to the cookout???

I don't know.

He has so much blood on his hands.

His cowardice and selfishness has caused so much pain and death.

Think for a second if he didn't have his heart issue? Would he have even changed this much?

He might be just as bad as homelander or maybe worse because we saw how mentally Homelander was abused and treated as a Science experiment since birth.

Homelander really never had anyone who actually LOVED him

A Train had that family and love and respect and powers or not his brother loved him.

To STILL be that kind of asshole?

A Train needs to do a lot.

But he getting close.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
So they setting up to not kill homelander

But have him powerless.

To make him his own worst nightmare

Human.

I could watch a season of that.

With a NEW WORSE big bad

Super powered or not.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I think Ashley put it best. He can go fcuk himself! You don't get to comeback from all the bullshyt you caused. You was a piece of shyt then, lose your powers and get shytted on by your peers. Lose someone close to you and NOW I'M SUPPOSED TO FEEL SORRY FOR YOU?!?!?! Empathy seems to be a superpower in this show and in todays society!

Ol O.J. ass dude! He's black once nobody gives a shyt about him.

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
I think Ashley put it best. He can go fcuk himself! You don't get to comeback from all the bullshyt you caused. You was a piece of shyt then, lose your powers and get shytted on by your peers. Lose someone close to you and NOW I'M SUPPOSED TO FEEL SORRY FOR YOU?!?!?! Empathy seems to be a superpower in this show and in todays society!

Ol O.J. ass dude! He's black once nobody gives a shyt about him.

Don't hold back tell us how you really feel about him!!!

:lol:

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So they setting up to not kill homelander

But have him powerless.

To make him his own worst nightmare

Human.

I could watch a season of that.

With a NEW WORSE big bad

Super powered or not.

A Baron Zemo type character? I think that would be Butcher in the final episodes of the show. He's just going after Supes whether they're bad or not, and the new 7 have to take him out.

The blast has been killing people except for Kimiko, so I don't know if they're trying to make him powerless

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
A Baron Zemo type character? I think that would be Butcher in the final episodes of the show. He's just going after Supes whether they're bad or not, and the new 7 have to take him out.

The blast has been killing people except for Kimiko, so I don't know if they're trying to make him powerless

We will see.

I have to back and watch Kimiko origin story. And see how exactly she got her powers and is there a key there to how the blast works.

Did show any archival footage of Solider Boy using the blast before Russia.

His suit can withstand it so are we to assume he always had that power?

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Yup.

We need to see as we are learning now Compound V

Like money

Just multiplies your true nature. It doesn't make you evil.

We need to see if all these broken toy people are REALLY so virtuous.

When you take Homelander away remove him from the equation

What is the excuse for their OWN bad behavior?

As we have seen there were bad heroes BEFORE Homelander way before...

And Voight is a cesspool of corporate malfeasance

So yeah Homelander is a god level problem

But going full scanner on Congress, manipulating the media drugging children...

How is that better?

Give me a human Homelander

Bring back Stan.

Where are the REAL ACTUAL GOOD GUYS with super powers or not?