TV News: Mindy Kaling animated HBO Velma series Will Reimagine Character As Being Of East Asian Descent (Won't Include Scooby-Doo Or Mystery Machine)

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So why are you taking issue with her taking the lead?
Dude. Enjoy the show.
My issues with the show are just that.
- My issues.
I've posted them and I think I've been very clear as to why I won't be watching it. What else do you need for me to explain? :dunno:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
FTDv3UNWUAAwXJ1

Ryokurin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't understand the point of doing Velma without Scooby-Doo.

It's a prequel, and there's been a lowkey thought by many for years that she's the one that actually solves the majority of their mysteries. If anything they'll probably make it more obvious that she's Lesbian since they've been trying to hint at it for years but a lot of people still didn't get it.

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dude. Enjoy the show.
My issues with the show are just that.
- My issues.
I've posted them and I think I've been very clear as to why I won't be watching it. What else do you need for me to explain? :dunno:

yes pre-judge the show and can't answer my one question about why HER being the lead is an issue if the other shit you wrote doesn't apply. You could be right, about some or all your opinions, but it sure would be adult of you to actually watch an ep before critiquing.

We will also just pretend that out of the two main male characters from show, one of them didn't come off like a stoner whose only goal was to find food with his dog and be nothing more than comic relief with the dog.

Shaggy sure was the epitome of masculinity wasn't he?

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
It's a prequel, and there's been a lowkey thought by many for years that she's the one that actually solves the majority of their mysteries. If anything they'll probably make it more obvious that she's Lesbian since they've been trying to hint at it for years but a lot of people still didn't get it.

I thought Velma and Shaggy were doing the run around,scared to say they like each other...

:dunno::dunno::dunno:

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
yes pre-judge the show and can't answer my one question about why HER being the lead is an issue if the other shit you wrote doesn't apply. You could be right, about some or all your opinions, but it sure would be adult of you to actually watch an ep before critiquing.

We will also just pretend that out of the two main male characters from show, one of them didn't come off like a stoner whose only goal was to find food with his dog and be nothing more than comic relief with the dog.

Shaggy sure was the epitome of masculinity wasn't he?
Again, if you wanna watch the show bub, then by all means watch it. I'm certainly not judging you.
I've laid out my reasons for ME choosing not to watching it. And what could be more "adult" than exercising your OWN personal judgment when it comes to watching modern entertainment, movies, TV and streaming shows...? :dunno:

Also, I never once mentioned or bought up Shaggy (or Scooby, for that matter) nor referred to him as being: "the epitome of masculinity".
So I'm really not sure why you'd go down that path.
But... now that you mentioned it:

It's funny, I don't see Velma as the popular character from that series chosen to fight in this upcoming video game along side Batman. But I DO see Shaggy.
I wonder why...? :rolleyes:

Snyckerbar76

Accidentally gave a fuck on Dec. 11, 2019.
BGOL Investor
Just got back from Google. Looks like she used the following formula:

1. Piggyback onto beloved character for built-in audience.
2. Turn kid themed show into "dark and gritty" with gore and sexuality.
3. Have white folks create free advertising by race-swapping said beloved character.
4. Insulate from criticism by playing sexual identity/ racism card against white folks referenced in #3.

Honestly, I would have given it a chance if she was brave enough to create a truly original South Asian crime fighter, but this malarky???? Pass.

d21ca5006235b47fe37f56abbf7e79102b55d4e8.jpg

Ryokurin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I thought Velma and Shaggy were doing the run around,scared to say they like each other...

:dunno::dunno::dunno:

It's from years ago, and the post has since been deleted (because people freaked out) but from Tony Cervone a producer of one of their past shows, Mystery Incorporated...

"I've said this before, but Velma in Mystery Incorporated is not bi. She's gay. [...] And if you follow the entire Marci arc it seems as clear as we could make it 10 years ago."

And it's also been said that James Gunn intended for the original live action Scooby-Doo's Velma to be openly lesbian, but WB made them drop it, and then saw to it that she had a male romantic interest in the sequel, although there was still one quick scene where they still implied it.

eagle force

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Just got back from Google. Looks like she used the following formula:

1. Piggyback onto beloved character for built-in audience.
2. Turn kid themed show into "dark and gritty" with gore and sexuality.
3. Have white folks create free advertising by race-swapping said beloved character.
4. Insulate from criticism by playing sexual identity/ racism card against white folks referenced in #3.

Honestly, I would have given it a chance if she was brave enough to create a truly original South Asian crime fighter, but this malarky???? Pass.

d21ca5006235b47fe37f56abbf7e79102b55d4e8.jpg
yeah its gonna be DOA

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Again, if you wanna watch the show bub, then by all means watch it. I'm certainly not judging you.
I've laid out my reasons for ME choosing not to watching it. And what could be more "adult" than exercising your OWN personal judgment when it comes to watching modern entertainment, movies, TV and streaming shows...? :dunno:

Also, I never once mentioned or bought up Shaggy (or Scooby, for that matter) nor referred to him as being: "the epitome of masculinity".
So I'm really not sure why you'd go down that path.
But... now that you mentioned it:

It's funny, I don't see Velma as the popular character from that series chosen to fight in this upcoming video game along side Batman. But I DO see Shaggy.
I wonder why...? :rolleyes:

Do you actually read what you write? Shaggy was a response to what you wrote, or did you copy and paste some talking points from some incel sites?

Male emasculation/ineptitude/stupidity.

Sure sounds like the original had that covered with Shaggy.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Do you actually read what you write? Shaggy was a response to what you wrote, or did you copy and paste some talking points from some incel sites?

Sure sounds like the original had that covered with Shaggy.

I am still trying to find out how he knows all the shyt that is going to happen! If he's right then yeah fcuk this show, but I have yet to see a trailer.

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I am still trying to find out how he knows all the shyt that is going to happen! If he's right then yeah fcuk this show, but I have yet to see a trailer.
same here. And to be honest, I would still watch an ep or two only because trailers can be misleading.

Show maybe horrible, but at least give it a fair chance.