TV News: Mindy Kaling animated HBO Velma series Will Reimagine Character As Being Of East Asian Descent (Won't Include Scooby-Doo Or Mystery Machine)

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Mindy Kaling’s Velma Will Be Without Scooby-Doo

Folks have had questions ever since HBO Max announced its not-for-kids Scooby-Doo spin-off Velma in February. The main question being “Ok???” More details emerged at The TV Kids Summer Festival (despite the show not being for kids). Tom Ascheim, president of Warner Bros. Global Kids, Young Adults and Classics gave some hits as to the shape of the show. According to The Mary Sue, Ascheim said Kaling “was excited to reimagine what Scooby-Doo would be like if Velma were of East Asian descent and lived in a different world.” Ascheim also said the new show would have “there’s no dog and no van but we have our 4 key characters through a different lens and I think it’s great.”

So to recap: Velma will feature Daphne, Freddie, Velma, and Shaggy but no Scooby-Doo. That’s a major Scooby-Don’t. A new take on Velma that makes the world of Mystery Inc. more diverse is great. No qualms. No van? No problem. Even a show without Shaggy and Scoob would be chill. The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo omitted Velma and Fred (but kept the van), so Velma could take place simultaneously and still exist in the same canon. But the main thing Shaggy brings to the table is that he speaks dog, kinda. If there’s no dog, wherefore Shaggy?

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
a-vijay_2-1280x720.jpg

Her brother.

Also keep in mind this is the same aspirational cac bitch that had a show about NYC with no Black people or even fucking South Asian people. :smh: :lol:

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I mean they literally LOSE their shit, and start saying DUMB shit like "Lets get Tom Hanks to play Black Panther" or some other stupid illogical shit.

GOD I hate them
Right.....a fucking character that can literally be of any race...they want them to be white...just because. They lose their shit. :lol:

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He published an actual fucking book too

s-l300.jpg

You realize how crazy racist somebody has to be to dedicate time to doing dumb shit like this?

Yep and he thinks he did some shit. Before I comment more I want to read more about it but does he completely eliminate the timing of when he submited for med school. Piece of shit.

And wow....just did a google search this really is Mindy Kaling's brother. :lol: Wow. He don't even look like a brutha.....

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Superman is a fucking alien, but he cannot be black :lol:

:lol: That shit is offensive on so many levels....cac's will argue they don't have privelege but a prime example is their daily arguments is about politics and being omitted from fictional works. :lol: Dickheads....

I don't care if "Velma" is Asian....

But without Scooby and the Mystery Machine.....she could litetally be any other random character......

But whatever HBO is spending the $$ and has to deal with the PR......she came up

Shit its like doing Venom without Spiderman.....oh wait. :lol:

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Let's pull out the modern TV viewing checklist and see how many boxes it will check off.
In this series, it must have:
- Strong female character that "don't need no man".
- Race swapped main character.
- LGBTQ representation.
- Male emasculation/ineptitude/stupidity.
- She's now the leader of the team, rather than just being a member.
- Will somehow involve sex, profanity, violence and nudity where the original NEVER did and call it "mature" "dark" and "edgy".

Yeah, I'm just dying to watch this... :yawn:

Joe Grind

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Let's pull out the modern TV viewing checklist and see how many boxes it will check off.
- LGBTQ representation.
- Will somehow involve sex, profanity, violence and nudity where the original NEVER did and call it "mature" "dark" and "edgy".

its these two that upset me the most because its usually a gay black guy.
-LGBTQ representation.

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
its these two that upset me the most because its usually a gay black guy.
-LGBTQ representation.
Mindy Kaling has already admitted she doesn't care.
Hell, she's probably hoping this shit will offend the "right" people so she can get pats on the head on Twitter.
She made her career of trying to appeal to White people, chasing White men and embracing their brand of humor.
This broad and her fucked up family would love nothing more than to continue fuck over Black people to get what they want.
I will NEVER forget how her crooked ass brother "posed" as a Black man to get into med school.
150408121847-almost-black-split.jpg

:mad::mad::mad:
So, for her to put out images of effeminate Black men or negative images of Black people in general to get kudos from White people would be no surprise to me at all. :hmm:

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Mindy Kaling has already admitted she doesn't care.
Hell, she's probably hoping this shit will offend the "right" people so she can get pats on the head on Twitter.
She made her career of trying to appeal to White people, chasing White men and embracing their brand of humor.
This broad and her fucked up family would love nothing more than to continue fuck over Black people to get what they want.
I will NEVER forget how her crooked ass brother "posed" as a Black man to get into med school.
150408121847-almost-black-split.jpg

:mad::mad::mad:
So, for her to put out images of effeminate Black men or negative images of Black people in general to get kudos from White people would be no surprise to me at all. :hmm:

Pretty sure she doesn't fcuk with her brother anymore because of this. Also did she put out images of effeminate/negative black men??? I have only seen the twitter images from the OP.

Not trying to defend (even though I have made it known that I would totally marry her...and her MILLIONS) just if we're not going to fcuk with something lets not fcuk with it for KNOWN reasons, not for what MIGHT happen.

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Pretty sure she doesn't fcuk with her brother anymore because of this. Also did she put out images of effeminate/negative black men??? I have only seen the twitter images from the OP.

Not trying to defend (even though I have made it known that I would totally marry her...and her MILLIONS) just if we're not going to fcuk with something lets not fcuk with it for KNOWN reasons, not for what MIGHT happen.
Dude.
You can defend her all you want.
If you're attracted to her then by all means continue to be. You do you.
And I don't give a fuck what her relationship is like with her asshole brother.
I'm just expressing my distain for her, her family, her brand of comedy and for this show.

And in case you missed it, I won't be watching this dreck... :yawn:

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
- LGBTQ representation.

Wasn't Velma the smart one to begin with?