TV News: Luther (Idris Elba) Season 5: He's BACK!! Update: BRAND NEW Movie * Luther: The Fallen Sun March * 2023 on Netflix

Should Alice Morgan get her OWN spin-off???

• Yes

Votes: 44 60.3%
  • No

Votes: 29 39.7%

• Total voters

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
'Luther' Season 3: BBC's Idris Elba Cop Drama Is Returning With Four New Episodes
r-LUTHER-large570.jpg

It's been over a year since we've heard even a peep about BBC's Emmy-nominated cop drama "Luther," starring Idris Elba; but now, the network has made it official with a new video: "Luther" Season 3 is a go!

According to the teaser video below, released by BBC One, "Luther" Season 3 starts shooting this month, and they promise that it'll be "worth the wait."

There's not much more information beyond that, except this: "There will be four perfectly dark, chillingly-formed episodes."

But they did include a tease about fan-favorite villain and Luther's best sparring partner Alice Morgan (Ruth Wilson), who's reportedly getting her own spinoff. So will she return for more? "Only Alice knows." Cue the creepy music.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rU1kQI3HuOA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

nyyyyce

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
only 4 episodes!?! they went from 6 down to 4? I have not looked at the clip yet, but episodes got to be an hour 1/2 or or something like that. a year and half wait for 4 episodes does not make sense. I'm gonna watch though. yup yup!

p5ych3

Curry Is My God
BGOL Patreon Investor
what exactly is alice going to do though? she's a pyscho. only role i see her in
is something like dexter. a serial killer doing "good"

Nemesis Prime

Support BGOL
Registered
they should just release it as a movie. what we talking about, 40 minutes per episode times 4 = 160 minutes, add another 20 minutes, perfect running time for a thriller with the same kind of vibe like "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo"...

LegalMoney

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think it's like the last season: two one-hour episodes per arch.

Either way welcome back sir! :dance:

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Real talk, they should spin Luther off into his own movie series.

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
People complaining about "4 EPISODES" shows how spoiled we are here in The States. The BBC has had programs on this type of format for decades.

I'm certainly not complaining. Shit. I wish networks here would do the same shit with some of their programming. Gives creators more time to plan things out. Especially in the event of a sudden cancellation. I feel that we would see less shitty TV shows this way. Especially shows that want to pass themselves off as "complex".

TheFuser

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
People complaining about "4 EPISODES" shows how spoiled we are here in The States. The BBC has had programs on this type of format for decades.

I'm certainly not complaining. Shit. I wish networks here would do the same shit with some of their programming. Gives creators more time to plan things out. Especially in the event of a sudden cancellation. I feel that we would see less shitty TV shows this way. Especially shows that want to pass themselves off as "complex".

Yo, I'll take 4-6 episodes of QUALITY like Luther and Sherlock than 12-24 episodes of "meh"

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
they should just release it as a movie. what we talking about, 40 minutes per episode times 4 = 160 minutes, add another 20 minutes, perfect running time for a thriller with the same kind of vibe like "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo"...

Real talk, they should spin Luther off into his own movie series.

Idris Elba confirms 'Luther' movie plans: 'It's a very strong goal'

Idris Elba has promised a "high-octane" third series of Luther.

Luther creator Neil Cross recently revealed that he is planning to produce a film adaptation of the BBC crime drama, once the TV version has ended.

"We're going back to a four-episode format [for series three], high-octane Luther stuff," Elba confirmed to Vulture. "We're going to close out a couple of storylines."

The actor confirmed that he and Cross are "really preparing for the big screen", calling a Luther movie a "very strong goal".

"It's not in stone yet, but it's something we definitely want to aim towards," he said.

Elba added that much of the show's success is down to its "ridiculous" quality and the "American-esque" nature of his character John Luther.

"Luther - he's way bigger [in his reactions] than an English cop would ever be," he said. "I think part of the TV show's popularity in England is that it's sort of ridiculous to see an Englishman that big in a lot of these scenes. But it actually works because of how grandiose some of the crimes are."

Prometheus star Elba first announced his intention to make a Luther film in June 2011.

"I really do want to make Luther into a film," he said. "I think that's where the ultimate Luther story will unfold - the big silver screen."

Watch Idris Elba discuss the third series of Luther with Digital Spy below:

<object id="flashObj" width="618" height="348" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0"><param name="movie" value="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1&isUI=1" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#FFFFFF" /><param name="flashVars" value="videoId=1210199957001&playerID=871166280001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAACkAQxo~,JbFjHxgqCuak3gK2T7u3p0eDyamGmIu2&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" /><param name="base" value="http://admin.brightcove.com" /><param name="seamlesstabbing" value="false" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="swLiveConnect" value="true" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><embed src="http://c.brightcove.com/services/viewer/federated_f9?isVid=1&isUI=1" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" flashVars="videoId=1210199957001&playerID=871166280001&playerKey=AQ~~,AAAAACkAQxo~,JbFjHxgqCuak3gK2T7u3p0eDyamGmIu2&domain=embed&dynamicStreaming=true" base="http://admin.brightcove.com" name="flashObj" width="618" height="348" seamlesstabbing="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" swLiveConnect="true" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/index.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash"></embed></object>

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Without Alice, Luther has to become the bad guy....no spinoff please, keep the crazy chic there

^truth

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Best show on TV is coming back. Now I need that Season 3 of Sherlock

:dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

jeremy-lin-handshake.gif

^church

Yo, I'll take 4-6 episodes of QUALITY like Luther and Sherlock than 12-24 episodes of "meh"

3355577_o.gif

AgentCreed

Star
Registered
On the facebook pages of cross, the show and Elba they drop hints....even the chick is back...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
Got-Damn if you have never seen that show I ENVY YOU! I wish i could experience the joy of seeing it again with virgin eyes..

Ya man...lotta bullshit shows I'm struggling to even watch right now

Winslow Wong

Rising Star
BGOL Gold Member
Yes Luther should be a movie series like Bond and he should also be more iconic than Alex Cross -
For us in the know he is but for most people they do not know what they are missing - I love the first episode - how they started I thought I had missed a download or maybe a preview episode but they just dropped us in Luther's world - no explanation and it was worth it.

Look forward to Luther - fuck Idris being Bond - let him be Luther

AgentCreed

Star
Registered
Yes Luther should be a movie series like Bond and he should also be more iconic than Alex Cross -
For us in the know he is but for most people they do not know what they are missing - I love the first episode - how they started I thought I had missed a download or maybe a preview episode but they just dropped us in Luther's world - no explanation and it was worth it.

Look forward to Luther - fuck Idris being Bond - let him be Luther

Get the audio book, Luther the Calling. It explains a lot.I think its in the audio book section.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2