TV News: Leslie Jones Is Releasing a Netflix Special in 2020

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Leslie Jones Is Releasing a Netflix Special in 2020
By Bethy Squires
09-leslie-jones-2.w330.h330.jpg

Photo: Frazer Harrison/Getty Images

Leslie Jones went on Jimmy Kimmel Live! to announce that she’s the latest comic to join the Netflix special family. Jones’s hour-long work will come out in 2020. Jones recently finished her fifth season on Saturday Night Live, where she frequently appeared as herself on the Weekend Update desk. She performed a rap extolling the virtues of the Upper East Side and played half of a couple on a very weird ep of House Hunters. On Late Night with Seth Meyers, she joined Seth to watch the final episode of Game of Thrones and react in a way only Jones can. She’s received three Emmy nominations for her work on SNL, as well as inclusion on the Time 100 list.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
1st person I thought about. Monique seems to be pissed at everybody. She pissed at Whoopi because she feels Whoopi should not work at the View for the amount of money she is being paid. Feels Whoopi is making it bad for other female talent. :dunno:

HNIC

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
Real question: who has Mo’Nique put on? When she was at her peak, who did she bring up and put on? I honestly don’t know.

peterlongshort

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Interesting. The dopest female comedians are on social media, but they go to Jones for a special. Interesting. Monique may have not been all the way wrong...

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
You idiots are too fucking stupid to see that Monique was right all along... Its no coincidence that every C level black comic started rolling out with Netflix specials once Monique (WITH A WANDA SYKES CO-SIGN) exposed them for their dishonest dealings and low ball negotiations to black female comics. You niggas dont know a corporate CYA campaign when you see one.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
Well, she can't be worse than tiffany haddish, can she? I would say mike epps but nobody could be that horrendous even if they tried.

As far as monique, why is she always trying to spend somebody else's money? Get your own shit in order and soar. Stop crabbing. Maybe that's why you're not getting put on, you can't be stank unless you've been at the top of the mountain for years (tom cruise).

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
1st person I thought about. Monique seems to be pissed at everybody. She pissed at Whoopi because she feels Whoopi should not work at the View for the amount of money she is being paid. Feels Whoopi is making it bad for other female talent. :dunno:

HNIC
8 million a year for an hour worth of work plus Friday, Saturday and Sunday off is not enough for Monique? She must truly have some high expectations I would not have

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

The problem with her stance is power. She has zero power to influence her wealth.

She is not in demand and part of that is her not having a proper team around her. She has very little social media following, no radio gigs and pretty much is only in the public eye when she is ranting.

Now I could understand having a hard stance about salaries. For example, if me and you were in the Job field and everyone is getting paid $60,000 a year but me and you took the job for 17,000 a year, we would be hurting ourselves for that.

Anyone that is getting paid multi millions a year is obtaining generational wealth in which if managed properly, can go on to do what ever their heart desires.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
Im just waiting to see how much she gets. I'll click her special for the view just to spite Monique.
I think ever since the Monique incidents, they probably have people on NDA's about how much they are paid. Eddie special is probably more political for them cause it shows they paying a black comic $70m. Is a good light for them.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I think ever since the Monique incidents, they probably have people on NDA's about how much they are paid. Eddie special is probably more political for them cause it shows they paying a black comic $70m. Is a good light for them.

This may be the realest talk in this thread.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...turning-Saturday-Night-Lives-45th-season.html

Leslie Jones will NOT be returning to Saturday Night Live as she focuses on upcoming projects such as her 2020 Netflix comedy special
By Kellie Chudzinski For Dailymail.com

Published: 17:29 EDT, 27 August 2019 | Updated: 17:32 EDT, 27 August 2019

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...aturday-Night-Lives-45th-season.html#comments

Moving from writer to full cast member on Saturday Night Live catapulted her to stardom.

But Leslie Jones is now branching off from the NBC variety show, and will not be returning for the show's 45th season that begins September 28.

EW reported on Tuesday that the 51-year-old is instead focusing on upcoming projects and her 2020 Netflix comedy special.