TV Discussion: New series by Donald Glover - Atlanta UPDATE: FINAL 4th Season Sept 2022!

November 17

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Question: Did Aaron's girlfriend and friends know that he was half black? I asked because when they were sitting around talking about all these "advantages" black people have they seemed to be oblivious to Aaron having a black biological father that he lived with (wait, a black father actually raising his child, oh this must be some television fiction because we know that doesn't happen in real life).

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Question: Did Aaron's girlfriend and friends know that he was half black? I asked because when they were sitting around talking about all these "advantages" black people have they seemed to be oblivious to Aaron having a black biological father that he lived with (wait, a black father actually raising his child, oh this must be some television fiction because we know that doesn't happen in real life).

Obviously they didn't....

Dad said earlier something to the effect of "you may have your friends and everyone else fooled, but I know where that big nose comes from...."

Also when the "friends" were talking they kept referring to black people as "they/ them/ those people "

Also we see from the beginning how "white" Aaron is by the name calling he did online.....

Mfkr got his black wake up call in the end, ironically it was by being called / deemed white.

November 17

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Obviously they didn't....

Dad said earlier something to the effect of "you may have your friends and everyone else fooled, but I know where that big nose comes from...."

Also when the "friends" were talking they kept referring to black people as "they/ them/ those people "

Also we see from the beginning how "white" Aaron is by the name calling he did online.....

Mfkr got his black wake up call in the end, ironically it was by being called / deemed white.
Thanks, that's what I was thinking. His girl didn't even have a clue. I went to high school with a young lady who was biracial (think Halsey appearance wise) and you would have thought she was just an ordinary sandy brown haired white girl (she was cute and slender).
That was until she started to speak, although she was very articulate (Honors student), you would swear she was born and raised on a farm in North Carolina. In addition, she identified as black.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thanks, that's what I was thinking. His girl didn't even have a clue. I went to high school with a young lady who was biracial (think Halsey appearance wise) and you would have thought she was just an ordinary sandy brown haired white girl (she was cute and slender).
That was until she started to speak, although she was very articulate (Honors student), you would swear she was born and raised on a farm in North Carolina. In addition, she identified as black.

Wild shit, but props to her......being able to "pass" but still embracing your melanin and heritage

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Last edited: