TV Discussion: New series by Donald Glover - Atlanta UPDATE: FINAL 4th Season Sept 2022!

Heavenlywings77

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
In the Trini 2 the Bone episode.
Sylvia raised the white kid but didn't raise her own.
That was missed cause yall focused on the white family.
Which is the whole point. The real story is the black family that was neglected and the trauma they feel.
That is why that pain was shown as anger at the funeral and there was a fight.

We so damn angry because we feel unloved.

It wasn't the whole point. There was more

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Season 2 was in 2018... Season 3 didn't come out till 2022, I liked the show but after a couple years I stopped looking forward to it

I understand

but that is kinda par for the course

Sopranos did that curbed too Louie remember kinda STARTED that trend on FX a least.

and even Stranger Things

As long as the final product is good?

I'm cool

HOWEVER I completely understand your point and sh*t can be irritating as f*ck.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
that nigga was trippin the whole time..lorraine wasn't real....but the actor was a trans woman but that doesn't the mean the character was.

If anything lorraine was the deep questions doubts and observations he's had of himself for a long time. He deals with his family and friend but are they REALLY looking out for him? Darius is clearly riding his coattail. His success means their success but are they really down for him?

And amsterdam is just weird. did those niggas really play keep away with an infant??? :dunno:

It was a hallucination from the drugs. Once I saw that I realized the rest of it wasn't real and the drugs had kicked in.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Another crazy episode. I SWEAR the first person I thought of that would come out to talk to those kids was Kevin Samuels. I literally said watch it be him. Trippy.
Aaron-Tyriq-Withers-Atlanta-Season-3-Episode-9-Rich-Wigga-Poor-Wigga.jpg

benny_negro

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I got that part... I KNOW that part... asa black american...as ADOS what lesson was I suppose to take away from the episode that I havent already experience/learned just by living in american society??

reads like a lot of the comedy this season is falling flat for many - including at times myself

that’s not nec new for me with ATLANTA

I laugh when I laugh and I enjoy what I enjoy. I value the perspectives and the topics explored. The aesthetics of the show are highest levels

but I do think the challenge of “conscious” anything is that too much is read in and more takeaway is expected

im on the verge of old head now but esp as a younger viewer I did have to remind myself at times - esp with sci fi and more conscious literary etc entertainments - these storytellers don’t have any deeper hidden mystic cosmic wisdom about the meaning of life

universities may study Kendrick lyrics. may also study BLACKED. may also study Doc McStuffins. may also study Gil Scott Heron. and may also study Dave Chappelle. etc

but. By and large - what they do in studying all of the above — is they take cool shit and extract all the cool all the fun and def all the funny out.

Great teachers moderators etc do everything they can to keep joy and comedy in learning and bringing light to finer points many or a few may overlook but if anything examined is not more greatly ENJOYED that equals a failed study

benny_negro

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The joy of art for me is in seeing how artists will flip shit

take a topic and flip it. Put this together with that.

a lot is same basics as mixing colors. White black grey. Blue red purp etc.

With comedy I actually just heard Dave Chappelle say - you don’t have to be funny ALL the time; but you do have to be interesting. This was his first rule of standup as given to Will Smith who I guess did a set or two just to try it a few years ago

ATLANTA is often not funny to me. But it’s rarely uninteresting. There is almost always at least one thing that I can appreciate and I expect surprises that I will enjoy - like the brown kids doin SHAI:lol::roflmao::roflmao2::roflmao3::lol2:

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The joy of art for me is in seeing how artists will flip shit

take a topic and flip it. Put this together with that.

a lot is same basics as mixing colors. White black grey. Blue red purp etc.

With comedy I actually just heard Dave Chappelle say - you don’t have to be funny ALL the time; but you do have to be interesting. This was his first rule of standup as given to Will Smith who I guess did a set or two just to try it a few years ago

ATLANTA is often not funny to me. But it’s rarely uninteresting. There is almost always at least one thing that I can appreciate and I expect surprises that I will enjoy - like the brown kids doin SHAI:lol::roflmao::roflmao2::roflmao3::lol2:

Bruh, the lil Hispanic kid asking for a "wave check".....hahaha