TV: Bones renewed for final short season, suing FOX Network, Finale 3/28

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
bones-02.jpg

Fox is ready to bury Bones.

The procedural dramedy has been renewed for a 12th and final season. The end run will be shorter than usual – only 12 episodes long.

The series starring Emily Deschanel and David Boreanaz, who both made deals to return, will come to a close after years of narrow renewals and being moved around Fox’s schedule. The show was famously useful as a utility player the network for succesfully filling unexpected holes in the schedule.

The current season’s showrunners, Jonathan Collier and Michael Peterson, will also be back.

“In times like these, marked by instability and doubt, it’s comforting to know the world can count on at least one dependable beacon of stability,” said creator Hart Hanson. “Apparently, that beacon isBones. It just shows what you can do with an amalgam of genius cast, amazing crew, cunning writers, stalwart studio, sweat, a tough economy, a mercurial network, determination, luck, magic, miracles and the most loyal audience in the world.”

“This is for the fans!” Boreanaz said. “Thank you to everyone at Fox … also to the crew and cast for their countless support along the way! And I couldn’t have done it without you, Emily!”

“I am thrilled the show will have the ending it deserves for all of our amazing, loyal fans!,” Deschanel added.

Bones is currently on hiatus and set to return April 14.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
I liked it until about season 8 or so. The problem with law enforcement shows is that you know the leads usually won't die and you can only have them shot but so many times before it becomes boring.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I liked it until about season 8 or so. The problem with law enforcement shows is that you know the leads usually won't die and you can only have them shot but so many times before it becomes boring.

funny I actually STARTED watching way back cause of Havy D (RIP) and I am a fan of Angel..

I stopped watching for awhile after Borenaz started dissing Angel.

It was actually interested and had a few really good runs...

but recently they had a really BAD cross-over with Sleepy Hollow.

Its time to put this puppy to bed.

knightmelodic

BGOL Investor
funny I actually STARTED watching way back cause of Havy D (RIP) and I am a fan of Angel..

I stopped watching for awhile after Borenaz started dissing Angel.

It was actually interested and had a few really good runs...

but recently they had a really BAD cross-over with Sleepy Hollow.

Its time to put this puppy to bed.

Wow, I didn't even know that. The characters, premise, writing, mystery, comedy were terrific in the first 8 IMO. The tension between Bones and Booth was great and when they finally got together it was well done. That Palant thing was weak, Gormagon was excellent. My favorite episode is the one with the George Clooney running joke. The one where her sister Zoe played her cousin was another good one. They really did some good work but you are absolutely right, it's bed time.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Wow, I didn't even know that. The characters, premise, writing, mystery, comedy were terrific in the first 8 IMO. The tension between Bones and Booth was great and when they finally got together it was well done. That Palant thing was weak, Gormagon was excellent. My favorite episode is the one with the George Clooney running joke. The one where her sister Zoe played her cousin was another good one. They really did some good work but you are absolutely right, it's bed time.

co-sign

but Palant had a good body count and stole all that bearded dudes money.

I never understood why they NEVER gave the cute sister a black boyfriend.

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

werent they supposed to have done a New Girl crossover..?

knightmelodic

BGOL Investor
co-sign

but Palant had a good body count and stole all that bearded dudes money.

I never understood why they NEVER gave the cute sister a black boyfriend.

You mean Cam? Yeah. They did lots of interracial couples.
Oh yeah that episode at the funeral was hilarious too.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yes she was. Michelle's pops was black. Albeit in flashback mode.

exactly in a flashback and they made him a cheater who couldn't commit and died a horrible death, like he got chopped up or eaten or something

Or could be wrong.

I'm talking a living breathing more than one episode black boyfriend.

knightmelodic

BGOL Investor
exactly in a flashback and they made him a cheater who couldn't commit and died a horrible death, like he got chopped up or eaten or something

Or could be wrong.

I'm talking a living breathing more than one episode black boyfriend.

Well, she did sleep with Angela's ex-husband who is black. Oh missed the one episode comment. Nah I'm pretty sure other than those few incidents she's only had white and arab.

Gotta respect sis ability to wear those tight sheath dresses and high fucking heels and work that walk. Highlight of err time they in the lab.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Well, she did sleep with Angela's ex-husband who is black. Oh missed the one episode comment. Nah I'm pretty sure other than those few incidents she's only had white and arab.

Gotta respect sis ability to wear those tight sheath dresses and high fucking heels and work that walk. Highlight of err time they in the lab.

fam, we are in TOTAL agreement[/QUOTE]

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
:lol:...man too bad she wasn't part of the fappening. Imagine this when you wake up. jeebus.

da13e3d3da762f4ad2e84c05ab84f109.jpg

:heartbeat:

dude she is on my top 10 list of TV crushes

just something about her she got that unexplained Rihanna level of sexy...

I've never seen a curvier no curve having woman before...

knightmelodic

BGOL Investor
:heartbeat:

dude she is on my top 10 list of TV crushes

just something about her she got that unexplained Rihanna level of sexy...

I've never seen a curvier no curve having woman before...

Yes sir that elegance is magnetic. And her voice. I can imagine her saying......

might be time for a crush thread bro...:idea:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Bones Lawsuit Reveals the Popular Show Somehow Lost Millions, Exposes Extreme Levels of Bones Fandom

21-bones.w529.h529.jpg

If you’re secretly a Bones fan, covertly signaling your allegiance to other Boneheads by wearing colorful socks like Seeley or carrying around a decrepit corpse arm like Temperance, take heart. It turns out, everyone on God’s green earth watches your favorite crime procedural. According to a lawsuit filed by the show’s executive producer Barry Josephson, in fact, the show made $518 million during its first seven seasons alone. Despite pulling in over a half a billion dollars, however,Bones somehow lost over $43 million. How is that possible? The Hollywood Reporter breaks down the series’ finances based on a recent audit, and based on the numbers, it’s pretty clear that … uh … um ...well … TV shows are insanely expensive to make and distribute? Allegedly? A judge this week sent the suit, as well as one led by David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel, into arbitration. Man, if this case was the dead body of a missing repo man entombed in a septic tank, Booth and Bones would have gotten to the bottom of it by now.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
and that Buffy money.

I had beef with him for a minute cause he refused to talk about Buffy and Angel like that whole run didn't MAKE his career.

i don't and haven't watched bones. i watched angel only cause it used to come on at 6am on tnt.
i just know he's loaded with money after his tv stints and should be able to retire comfortably.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
i don't and haven't watched bones. i watched angel only cause it used to come on at 6am on tnt.
i just know he's loaded with money after his tv stints and should be able to retire comfortably.

I actually watched bones off and on specifically to support Angel and Heavy D (RIP)...

it is about to be cancelled but it was a decent procedural...different.

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor
Show is stupid. FBI partners up with a museum expert and she does interviews? Yeah OK. And why is she always cunt faced serious,? He hasn't dicked her properly yet? That Asian mix could get it and examine this bone.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The Touching Bones Moment That Happened When The Series Finished Filming
BY JESSICA RAWDEN
2 DAYS AGO
0 COMMENTS

Bones only recently began airing its final season on Fox, but the show has already wrapped up production. This means that Temperance Brennan and co. have already wrapped their final scenes and said goodbye to the Jeffersonian set and more. Recently, Bones creator Hart Hanson revealed that he was on set during the shooting of the Season 12 and series finale, which was directed by series lead David Boreanaz. After the final scene wrapped, the crew got together for one really touching final moment. Here's what Hanson had to say:

Director Boreanaz called 'cut' a little early so that cast and crew could gather for a photo on the platform. Which is when the most wonderful thing happened: spontaneous speeches! It was surprisingly emotional. I enjoyed standing with the cast and crew on the platform watching speeches from cast and crew unfold because I started this carnival/parade/movable feast by writing the Bones pilot in my backyard shed in 2004.

In a long and memorable piece published over at THR, Bones creator Hart Hanson talked about the challenges Bones faced over its 12 seasons on the air, which included a slew of time slot changes. Regardless, fans stuck around, giving Fox enough of a reason to sign on for a final season in the spring of 2016, even when cancellation seemed to be looming. It clearly paid off for the cast as well as the crew, as the story above is sentimental, and more than a little emotional. The only thing that would make it better would be actual footage of the speeches the cast and crew put together.

7668e1e13a6f0cd72b1c701a145fbcaad58b5fa0.jpg

Hart Hanson may talk a lot about creating Bones, although he has moved on to other projects since then, but his in-depth piece about the end of the series doesn't strive to take all of the credit. He talks about how the actors brought the characters to life and how the show's directors made what was on the written page seem real. He also pays homage to all of the other hard workers on the set--all of whom made Bones possible for 12 seasons. Twelve seasons!

Early Bones looked a whole lot different than it does now. Booth and Brennan were not together, Angela and Hodgins were not together. The squinterns came later. Sweets and Daisy came later. Some of the show's most memorable villains came deep into the Fox series' run. However, it was these characters--and also the gross out factor--that made Bones totally unlike all of the other procedurals on air. And let's be honest, there are a lot of them. It's nice to hear that there were speeches and a feeling of joviality on set during that last day.

The Bones cast and crew may be finished with filming, but luckily for fans, the show isn't over, yet. You can catch new episodes on Tuesday nights at 9 p.m. ET, only on Fox. To find out when the rest of midseason TV is coming back, check out our premiere guide.

DWBass

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The wife watches Bones religiously. Good show but some of the story lines were just insane. That whole Polanco BS. Didn't like that they put dude in a wheelchair? I like that Asian chick though.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Bones: 7 Questions We Have After the End
by Megan Vick | Mar 29, 2017 8:21 PM EDT

170328-news-bones-emily-deschanel-david-boreanaz-hplg.jpg

NOW PLAYING
David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel Had a Mini Lovefest After Bones Finale
161221-news-riverdale.jpg

NEXT UP
The Most Anticipated New Winter Shows

01:12
Bones delivered a superfun final season and a very satisfying conclusion to its 12-year run.

We were very happy to see Brennan (Emily Deschanel) and the core Jeffersonian group get their happy "endings," but there's still have a few questions we'd like answered if the team were to ever reunite in the future for more adventures.

1. Does Angela and Hodgins' second baby have LCA?

It was such a relief to find out that Angela (Michaela Conlin) survived the Jeffersonian explosion and the baby she's carrying didn't seem to sustain any injuries. However, before the blast Angela and Hodgins (TJ Thyne) were worried that their baby would contract Leber's Congenital Amaurosis -- or LCA -- and be born blind since both parents are carriers. We know that Angela and Hodgins were waiting to hear from the doctor about the baby's test results but we never found out what they were.

McClain Wished to Play “with the Red Team.”
Five-year-old McClain wished to play football with the USC Trojans. Watch his touchdown wish experience and see how it impacted the team and family.
Sponsored by The Make-A-Wish Foundation

170321-news-bones-emily-deschanel.jpg
Emily Deschanel, Bones
2. Will Zack rejoin the team once he gets out of prison?

The team was able to get Zack's (Eric Millegan) life sentence revoked since he did not murder the lobbyist he was accused of slaying seasons ago. However, he still had to finish 13 months left on his sentence because of the cover-up. Zack was relieved to have his sentence commuted, but what is he going to do when he gets out? Will he rejoin the team at the Jeffersonian or does he have other dreams to conquer?

3. Will Cam actually return to the lab after her leave of absence?

Cam (Tamara Taylor) is taking six months off from the lab to spend some time with her new expanded family, but will she actually want to return? There was some indication that Cam might like the family life a lot, and maybe coming back to the demanding job of running the lab is not the life decision she wants to make six months down the line.

4. If Cam came back, would Hodgins give up being "King of the Lab"?

No one could be more excited about taking over for Cam than Hodgins. He even said she'd have to pry that title out of his hands if she ever wanted it back, so what would the dynamic be like after Cam's time away?

5. What is Angela and Hodgins' children's book about?

We got to see the illustration and some of the characters, but what is the book actually about? More importantly, can we buy it?

6. Are Aubrey and Karen going to be a real item?

Aubrey (John Boyd) and Jessica (Laura Spencer) just broke up, but he's already taking Karen (Sara Rue) to dinner. Is this the start of a meant-to-be relationship? We want to know if these two make it for the long haul!

7. What will the new Jeffersonian look like?

The Jeffersonian was blown to smithereens and must be completely rebuilt. Will it be an exact replica of the old lab or will there be some upgrades? How will it be different? The new Jeffersonian has to feel like a new era for the team and we want to know where they'll be solving their next cases.

What questions do you have after the Bones finale?

http://www.tvguide.com/news/bones-finale-final-questions/