Tubby Smith Leaving UK for the University of Minnsesota

A

Agent Smith

Dude won them a championship and they still won't accept him. Fucked em.

D-Nice 1

Star
Registered

Yee Haw!!!
We fine-lee got dat black sum'bitch outta he'ah.
We got our Klantucky Wildcats back!!!
*POW* *POW* *POW*
(shotgun blasts)
:smh:
D-Nice 1 (The Nice One)

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
Agent Smith said:
Dude won them a championship and they still won't accept him. Fucked em.
And the average Kentucky fan will argue won that title with Pitino's players which is true.Plus they haven't come close to a title in the last couple of years and if he has the same record at Minnesota he'll never have to worry about his job.Unfortunately, their recent recruits either haven't been All-American caliber or just didn't work out at Kentucky.He's a great coach so as long as he gets quality recruits he'll be fine.

bromack1

Rising Star
Registered
XXXplosive said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2808406

Looks like those racist fucks finally got his black ass outta there :angry:

Oh well, time to make room for the white guy they always wanted :smh:

You can think what you want.... but for the record...

Tubby was hired away from the University of Georgia after taking the team to its last final 4 appearance in 1997. He's a great coach but if you know the SEC, most schools are very determined to win national championships every year. I was not surprised... I just wish he had stayed at UGA instead of running after all that money Kentucky offered him.

Brother Blues

Deceased - Nov. 4, 2015
BGOL Legend
Well it's good he stepped out ahead of the posse,cause you know things were getting very hot for him there.They have been looking for a reason to hate him for a while now.But until the last couple of seasons,he had them right at the top.

In fact if not for bad luck he would have went to a couple ofother final fours.
A couple of years I believe they were the number one overall seed in the tourney.
And if you recall,Keith Bogans got hurt and they lost to D-Wade and Marquette for the right to go to the final four.So just no luck for Tubby to get back...

This all works out for me...now I can go back to hating Kentucky.

DiamondDeuce

Support BGOL
Registered
XXXplosive said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2808406

Looks like those racist fucks finally got his black ass outta there :angry:

Oh well, time to make room for the white guy they always wanted :smh:

Bruh I aint denying racism... but lets look at the full picture. You a fellow UNC alumni you know how much pressure a coach has to be a championship conetender at certain schools (UNC, Duke, Kentucky, UCLA, Kansas) you can't be a coach at these schools and merely be "good". If you are not in the Final Four the its considered a disappointing season.

Hell let Roy Williams go six straight years without making it to the Final Four and see what happens to his azz at UNC :eek:

YoungSinister

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The more I think about it, Tubby really wasn't getting the job done. Even with 3 McDonalds All Americans (Randolph Morris, Joe Crawford and Rajon Rando who left for the NBA after least year) he couldn't get his team far. But still, fuck KKKentucky.

D-Nice 1

Star
Registered
You guys are buying into that "Bluegrass Lore" bullshit.

Kentucky isn't special. The days of the the dynasty are gone and (with the exception of UConn which ain't no dynasty) there's been a different NCAA......

....hold up....I'm listening to Robin Thicke on the Soul Train Awards and that dude sounds like SHIT!!!!! What the fuck?!!!!

Anyway.....there's been a different champion every year other than UConn since UK last won it all.

And to say they haven't been competing is bullshit. They're in the Tourney EVERY year and have only missed the Final Four by a hair TWICE in those ten years. Tubby won the SEC 5 out of 10 years and kept the program in the good graces of the NCAA while also getting rid of any or his players that decided to be knuckleheads along the way.

Those Bluegrass assface hillbillies just didn't want that brother there from jump and the fact that he "didn't win it all" in 10 years in today's recruiting climate is a convenient excuse.

But the good thing is that he made the call and bounced before (1) they could fire him, (2) they could pull that "this is your last chance" shit (3) he would have to endure another season flooring a team for those lazy assed, sitting on their asses all game long UK "fans". Never seen so many old assed fucks so close to the floor at a "big time" program in all my life. Looked like they stuck all the students in one end of the arena so all the "blue-bloods" could have the best seats. Don't see that shit at Cameron Indoor.

D-Nice 1 (The Nice One)

XXXplosive

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
DiamondDeuce said:
Bruh I aint denying racism... but lets look at the full picture. You a fellow UNC alumni you know how much pressure a coach has to be a championship conetender at certain schools (UNC, Duke, Kentucky, UCLA, Kansas) you can't be a coach at these schools and merely be "good". If you are not in the Final Four the its considered a disappointing season.

Hell let Roy Williams go six straight years without making it to the Final Four and see what happens to his azz at UNC :eek:

But the college basketball landscape has changed

The same schools aren't gonna win EVERY YEAR like they used to
There's more parity than ever before because of the top players leaving early for the NBA
And now you've got these mid-major schools seriously challenging these big schools now because the players actually stay four years

My point is, the expectations put on Tubby Smith at UK were UNREAL considering the climate of college basketball today
If you listen to the chatter, most of the people in Kentucky haven't wanted him there almost from the start
He won a national championship in '98 but they've wanted him out ever since about 2000
Remember, Tubby wasn't gonna be fired YET, but I'm sure he could see the writing on the wall
If he was such a terrible coach they would have fired him already

Roy Williams is a GREAT coach, but in a lot of ways he underperformed while he was at Kansas
He only got to the Final Four 3 times in the 15 years he was there and had several early exits from the NCAA despite having some of the best teams in the country
Yet, there was never any talk at all about getting rid of him

And yeah, I know about my team not going to the Final Four for an extended period of time and stinking it up (from 2002 to 2004) which seemed like an eternity although it was only 3 seasons
That's why we had to bounce Matt Doherty's wack ass outta there :lol:

Southpaw

1 of the few blk men on this board
BGOL Investor
Mike Jarvis (black coach), one of 4 coaches to win 100 gm's at three different universities, said, if you coach at a big league university, you should only stay for five years and then leave, before they start thinking you're not good enough for them. Why isn't Mike Jarvis coaching somewhere???

D-Nice 1

Star
Registered
Southpaw said:
Mike Jarvis (black coach), one of 4 coaches to win 100 gm's at three different universities, said, if you coach at a big league university, you should only stay for five years and then leave, before they start thinking you're not good enough for them. Why isn't Mike Jarvis coaching somewhere???
Unfortunately for him, that St. John's stint kinda tarnished him since the got the boot (I believe) mid-season. Jarvis is a quality coach but a couple of knot-head players kinda sealed the deal for him at SJU.

Truthfully, he could coach a mid-major and do VERY well. Don't know why he hasn't gotten back in the game. Could just be a personal thing.

D-Nice 1 (The Nice One)

Bacardilvr2003

Support BGOL
Registered
XXXplosive said:
But the college basketball landscape has changed

The same schools aren't gonna win EVERY YEAR like they used to
There's more parity than ever before because of the top players leaving early for the NBA
And now you've got these mid-major schools seriously challenging these big schools now because the players actually stay four years

My point is, the expectations put on Tubby Smith at UK were UNREAL considering the climate of college basketball today
If you listen to the chatter, most of the people in Kentucky haven't wanted him there almost from the start
He won a national championship in '98 but they've wanted him out ever since about 2000
Remember, Tubby wasn't gonna be fired YET, but I'm sure he could see the writing on the wall
If he was such a terrible coach they would have fired him already>>

I have been telling these simps here in Kentucky (Yes, I have the misfortune in living here) the same thing. These fans here are arrogant and spoiled, and although it's been one of the finest programs in the country, times have changed in the SEC and in college basketball in general. It's fucking sickening how they still fawn over Rick Pitino, when he's coaching at their rival Louisville.

Here's another way of looking at it, back in the day, the SEC was a football heavy conference, it was and still is the golden goose for athletic departments. Basketball was usually an afterthought, something to watch until football season began. Then with March Madness, college b-ball means a lot more than it used to. Universities are putting more into recruiting and it's showing on the court. People aint going to UK anymore just because. The fans still think that UK is a DREAM job, and "Any coach should want to coach here." Like on the news this evening, they mention that Billy Donavan (Florida) is a candidate. 3 years ago, these fans still looked down their noses at Florida, now you want to steal their coach?

Bottom line is Tubby is a good coach, and I would guess that any coach with any sense, is gonna be leery of stepping into the pressure cooker here.

younghustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think that Tubby derserved to get ran. There are some racist people up in UK land that will never want a brother coaching that team. Hell - Rupp Arena is named for a blatantly racist coach from back in the day. However, Tubby made way too many recruiting blunders. How do you let Chris Lofton, Mr. Basketball in Kentucky & now an All-American, go to UT after he begged you for a scholarship????

Damn all of that everyone else is getting better talk. North Carolina was in similar spot a few years back, and now Roy Williams has them playing for a Final Four shot every year.

If UK is smart (that is damn sure up for debate), they will get ole boy from Texas A&M as their next coach.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
i have a homeboy (Damien Johnson) that plays for Minnesota, hopefully now he gets more run now, maybe he will used him in a role Tayshaun Prince type of role.