Trump shuts down blog after it fails like he did in the election

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member

"The former president’s aides said his new online presence would ‘redefine the game.’ :roflmao:
But his heavily promoted blog failed!."

tenor.gif

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member
Trump shuts down his blog after less than a month
https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/02/media/trump-blog-shut-down/index.html
By Oliver Darcy, CNN Business
Updated 11:39 AM ET, Wed June 2, 2021

New York (CNN Business)The blog page that former President Donald Trump launched less than one month ago, after his team suggested he'd be launching a major new social platform, has been permanently shuttered.
Jason Miller, a senior aide to Trump, told CNBC that the page "will not be returning."
Miller confirmed to CNN that the page had been scrubbed.
"It was just auxiliary to the broader efforts we have and are working on," Miller said.
Those who attempt to visit the page are now greeted with a web form asking for their contact information to receive updates through email or text message.

The blog, called "From the Desk of Donald J. Trump," was launched May 4 and came months after the former President had been banned from Facebook (FB) and Twitter (TWTR).
At the time, the page was billed as a platform by which Trump could speak directly to his supporters.
Fox News, which first reported that Trump had started the blog, dubbed it a "new communications platform."
But late last month, Trump disputed Fox's framing in a statement.
"This is meant to be a temporary way of getting my thoughts and ideas out to the public without the Fake News spin, but the website is not a platform," he said.

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member

Trump is sliding toward online irrelevance. His new blog isn’t helping.
The former president’s aides said his new online presence would ‘redefine the game.’ But his heavily promoted blog is seeing few visitors.
May 21, 2021 at 11:09 p.m. GMT+1
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2021/05/21/trump-online-traffic-plunge/

On the Internet, former president Donald Trump is sliding toward something he has fought his entire life: irrelevance.
Online talk about him has plunged to a five-year low. He’s banned or ignored on pretty much every major social media venue. In the last week, Trump’s website — including his new blog, fundraising page and online storefront — attracted fewer estimated visitors than the pet-adoption service Petfinder and the recipe site Delish.

Trump is still by far the Republican Party’s biggest star, and conservative lawmakers and provocateurs are now loudly sparring over the importance of loyalty to him ahead of the 2022 midterm elections or a potential second Trump presidential run. Many of the party’s potential 2024 candidates say they will not run if he does, and many of the party’s luminaries have traveled to Florida to meet with him.
But Trump’s continued influence isn’t translating into a bigger online audience, according to a Washington Post review of data from four online-analytics firms. Social engagement around Trump — a measure of likes, reactions, comments or shares on content about him across Facebook, Twitter, Reddit and Pinterest — has nosedived 95 percent since January, to its lowest level since 2016.

(The Washington Post)

Trump’s biggest attempt yet to recapture America’s attention has severely underwhelmed the Internet — and even his own advisers. His “From the Desk of Donald Trump” blog, which he and his team have promoted heavily in TV interviews and social media posts, has in the last week been shared to Facebook on average fewer than 2,000 times a day — a staggering drop from last year, when his Facebook page fielded tens of millions of comments, shares and other interactions every week, according to data from the social media analytics firm BuzzSumo and the Facebook-owned content-tracking tool CrowdTangle.

Trump, who has long boasted about his ability to draw an audience online and dominate the conversation, has complained that his statements are getting nowhere near as much attention as they once did, people in his orbit have said. They say Trump is increasingly resigned to his banishment from Facebook, a penalty enacted after the Jan. 6 Capitol riot and reaffirmed this month, and he’s uninterested in joining many of the conservative-friendly online alternatives that have sought to win his endorsement.

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
:dance: :dance: :dance:

Dude will be an afterthought by the time 2024 rolls around. Hope he enjoyed the only 4 years he's gonna get.
That fool's talking bout being reinstated in August.... that Florida heat has got his cheeto ass all fucked up......

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
:dance: :dance: :dance:

Dude will be an afterthought by the time 2024 rolls around. Hope he enjoyed the only 4 years he's gonna get.
Republicans better cut ties with him or they are going to go further down the hole which I won’t mind

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster
Republicans better cut ties with him or they are going to go further down the hole which I won’t mind

you would think
but they are so scared of the small vocal minority in their base that they are attached at the hip

alot of em couldn't condemn after he could've gotten them killed. His personally insulted many of them. And contradicts many of the American values they claim to stand for.

they've made a deal with devil

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
I hope he hits the road in 2022. I honestly think that's the ONLY way the Dems keep the house and the senate is if Trump starts doing campaign rallies and shit.
Same thing I was thinking.... that and him attacking those that run whom he doesn't like...or just be a moron saying moronic shit for his minions.... he always torpedoes his own ship and thinks that he knows everything and everyone else knows nothing...... he could and would literally push a neuro surgeon out of the way in the middle of an operation saying "I got this" and not even wear a mask to operate with

Rythm

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Too late, there are two sets of republicans now Trump Repubs vs Establishment Repubs that they call 'Rhino'

Non-StopJFK2TAB

Rising Star
Platinum Member
you would think
but they are so scared of the small vocal minority in their base that they are attached at the hip

alot of em couldn't condemn after he could've gotten them killed. His personally insulted many of them. And contradicts many of the American values they claim to stand for.

they've made a deal with devil
Republicans aren’t scared. Republicans smell victory and are acting accordingly. It’s the Democratic Party that’s acting skurred.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
GTY_trump_products_mm_160309_16x9_992.jpg

I am shocked that the man responsible for these high quality products couldn't create a fucking social media platform in a few months time. :smh: :lol:

Dont forget all his children are banned from running a charity in NY state.