Trump DeSantis or DeSantis Trump 2024?

doe moe

Rising Star
Platinum Member

DeSantis eyes big Florida win in November as a White House springboard

The governor is so confident of winning re-election that he's hoping to beat Donald Trump's 2020 margin in the state, sources say.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis won’t say whether he’ll run for president, but he’s starting to acknowledge that his road to the White House might hinge on a big re-election win this year.

For months, Florida Capitol insiders and Republicans familiar with the governor's thinking have speculated that a resounding victory in November would strengthen his national bona fides as a top GOP presidential contender — even if his political benefactor, former President Donald Trump, decides to run again.

DeSantis has steadfastly refused to cross Trump in public or suggest he would challenge him in a primary, but in a new interview on the conservative podcast "The Truth with Lisa Boothe" that aired Monday morning, DeSantis made it clear he’s eying his re-election bid as a springboard for something bigger.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
From what’s I’ve seen and heard

American people is really tired of American politics

carsun1000

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
From what’s I’ve seen and heard

American people is really tired of American politics

We need young people (both parties) with bright ideas. Not old people with old money who really have never been poor in their entire life. You need to come from nothing to something in order to understand the process and how to help others.

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
We need young people (both parties) with bright ideas. Not old people with old money who really have never been poor in their entire life. You need to come from nothing to something in order to understand the process and how to help others.
Ok… from what I’ve understood so far it like a frat…. U just can’t get in, they groom you then let you in…

who gonna let them in?

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
DeSantis beats Trump in conservative summit’s 2024 straw poll for second time

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) bested former President Trump for the second year in a row in a 2024 presidential election straw poll conducted Saturday.

The poll was taken at the Western Conservative Summit in Aurora, Colo., a gathering of 2,000 people in person and thousands more over the internet sponsored by the Centennial Institute at Colorado Christian University.

The percentage of voters who said they approved of DeSantis for the 2024 race topped the percentage for Trump by over 3 points, a slight 0.6 point increase from last year’s results.

Voters selected all the candidates of whom they approve for a 2024 run in the poll, with 71 percent saying they approve of DeSantis compared to 67.7 percent who approve of Trump.

Both approval rates were marginally higher in 2021, DeSantis coming in at 74.1 percent and Trump at 71.4 percent.

The rest of the potential candidates trailed behind DeSantis and Trump by significant margins.

Voters’ third choice for the presidency, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, was approved by 28.7 percent, followed by former Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson (24.2 percent) :eek2: and former White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders (18.4 percent).

Five more Republican politicians followed them in the polls: South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott (17.4 percent), former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo (16.7 percent), political activist Donald Trump Jr. (16.2 percent), former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley (15.5 percent) and former Vice President Mike Pence (14.4 percent).

Woodward planning audio book with Trump interviewsCelebrities wade into divisive L.A. mayor’s race
Potential candidates less approved by the base included former Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D) at 13.4 percent and Fox News anchor Tucker Carlson (11.8 percent), both of whom still blew away 2020 presidential candidate Andrew Yang, President Biden and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders (I), who ended the list with approval under 2 percent.

None of the candidates included in the poll has officially announced a 2024 run for president, but all are considered possible candidates.

DeSantis and Trump have been seen as the most likely to run for the 2024 Republican nomination.

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This title is hilarious. As if Trump's ego would allow him to take second-billing in a run for an office he already held.

The only scenario where that would happen is if someone made it clear to him that unless he's a part of the ticket, he's going to jail/going to be broke. Then he'll make up some weak sauce BS about "for the country" and suck it up.

keith6

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shoul

The governor is so confident of winning re-election that he's hoping to beat Donald Trump's 2020 margin in the state, sources say.

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis won’t say whether he’ll run for president, but he’s starting to acknowledge that his road to the White House might hinge on a big re-election win this year.

For months, Florida Capitol insiders and Republicans familiar with the governor's thinking have speculated that a resounding victory in November would strengthen his national bona fides as a top GOP presidential contender — even if his political benefactor, former President Donald Trump, decides to run again.

DeSantis has steadfastly refused to cross Trump in public or suggest he would challenge him in a primary, but in a new interview on the conservative podcast "The Truth with Lisa Boothe" that aired Monday morning, DeSantis made it clear he’s eying his re-election bid as a springboard for something bigger.

[/QUO

Should I take a shit ?...or drop a deuce?

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
After the 1/6 Hearings are over, Trump might not be in any shape to run again and DeSantis seems even worse.
Dare to dream, but Trump is probably the one person who will come out of these hearings clean. Nothing seems to move the needle when it comes to his behavior.

The only good news is that while DeSantis is still a younger, less abrasive Trump-model, he is also prone to the same bouts of vanity and incompetence that Trump has. So it's entirely possible that he may overplay his hand during a campaign. And mind you, I'm not saying I want him in office either, but he at least would not carry the cult god status that Trump has, meaning that the blind devotion Trump carried from his loyalists might not stick.

Piff Henderson

Stage Manager of Stage Managers
BGOL Investor
Dare to dream, but Trump is probably the one person who will come out of these hearings clean. Nothing seems to move the needle when it comes to his behavior.

The only good news is that while DeSantis is still a younger, less abrasive Trump-model, he is also prone to the same bouts of vanity and incompetence that Trump has. So it's entirely possible that he may overplay his hand during a campaign. And mind you, I'm not saying I want him in office either, but he at least would not carry the cult god status that Trump has, meaning that the blind devotion Trump carried from his loyalists might not stick.
I definitely agree with you there. DeSantis doesnt have the cult of personality Trump has and is unlikely to get it either.

The thing is -- I find him even more despicable and awful. I just can't imagine what kind of lowdown, petty, evil shit he would get up to if he becomes POTUS.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
I definitely agree with you there. DeSantis doesnt have the cult of personality Trump has and is unlikely to get it either.

The thing is -- I find him even more despicable and awful. I just can't imagine what kind of lowdown, petty, evil shit he would get up to if he becomes POTUS.

Remember when Desantis said he was accidentally admin of a racist facebook group?

Politics

Ron DeSantis Was Reportedly an Admin of Racist Facebook Page
Update 8/31: Through a spokesperson, Ron DeSantis has confirmed that he was an administrator of the Tea Party group but claims he was added to the page without his knowledge. "The Congressman was completely unaware that he was part of the Facebook group, which he was added to without his knowledge or consent.

Piff Henderson

Stage Manager of Stage Managers
BGOL Investor
Remember when Desantis said he was accidentally admin of a racist facebook group?

Politics

Ron DeSantis Was Reportedly an Admin of Racist Facebook Page
Update 8/31: Through a spokesperson, Ron DeSantis has confirmed that he was an administrator of the Tea Party group but claims he was added to the page without his knowledge. "The Congressman was completely unaware that he was part of the Facebook group, which he was added to without his knowledge or consent.

Gotdamn! I didn't even know that shit but I'm not surprised. That CAC has an aura of evil about him.

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I can understand that. I think DeSantis feels more slimy because, while it isn't an excuse at all, I think we all know that Trump is in some ways mentally deficient at this point. He probably couldn't think or do the right thing if he wanted to, not that he wants to.

DeSantis, on the other hand, is putting on a show. And it may not even be all about his ego. It might just be about his own political aspirations, which somehow makes it seem worse. And yes, DeSantis might be just savvy enough to do get away with some of the crap that Trump was too incompetent to execute.

skypeking

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hate to admit it and would never vote for them but both will be better for the damn economy. Biden does nothing.

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
MAGA!!!

Desantis going after y'all for playing your music too loud in florida

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Florida drivers and visitors may need to watch the volume of their music or face a ticket. House Bill 1435, signed into law on May 26, took effect immediately upon becoming law.
While HB 1435 covers changes to how a special event space is defined for the sake of permit and penalties, and vehicle impounding, it also refreshes and updates an older state statute relating to noise levels in traffic, for ticketing and citation.
Tampa home price surge continues, up to $413K in May
The bill updates s. 315.30145 of the Florida Statutes, bringing it back into force after a Florida Supreme Court ruling knocked it down.

ADVERTISING

Under the statute as updated, if someone is “listening to car radio, tape player, compact disc player, portable music or video player, cellular telephone, tablet computer, laptop computer, stereo, television, musical instrument, or other mechanical or electronic soundmaking device or instrument, which sound emanates from the motor vehicle,” and it can be heard “at a distance of 25 feet or more from the motor vehicle” or is “louder than necessary for convenient hearing by persons inside the vehicle in areas adjoining private residences, churches, schools, or hospitals,” be prepared for fines and citations.
The law specifically says that the rule does not apply to law enforcement vehicles or emergency vehicles. Those subject to a citation under the statute are given a “noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable as a nonmoving violation,” according to statutes of chapter 318.
The inclusion of the provision in HB 1435 brings back a statute struck down as unconstitutional by the Florida Supreme Court 10 years ago.

The case in question, State of Florida v. Richard Catalano, was decided in December 2012.
‘Challenges remain’: More Hillsborough families homeless in 2022, report says
According to the case records from the State v. Catalano, a Pinellas County attorney, according to case records preserved by the state Supreme Court, was pulled over and cited for “for violating the sound standards of section 316.3045(1)(a), Florida Statutes” in 2007.
Contesting the statute as “unconstitutionally overbroad,” Catalano and another Florida man who had been cited similarly, contested their citations up to the Florida Supreme Court.
Previously enacted versions of the statute had exemptions for law enforcement, business vehicles, and political vehicles. Those protections for volume were not extended to everyday use or residents.

The court’s decision at the end of 2012 ruled the statute’s noise ordinance standard of “plainly audible” was vague and unconstitutional, saying “an unconstitutional content-based restriction because it contains an exemption for vehicles used for business and political purposes that use sound-making devices in the normal course of operations.”
Written in short, ice cream trucks and campaign vans could play music loudly and audible past 25 feet from a police officer, but residents driving to work or home could not.
In their analysis of the case, the Florida Supreme Court summarized Catalano and co-appellant Alexander Schermerhorn’s argument as saying the 25 foot rule was subjective due to the different potential hearing capabilities of individual officers of the law.
DeSantis says ‘White House lied’ about COVID vaccine policy changes in Florida
The appellants “argue that citizens cannot conform their behavior to the law because of uncertainty over whether the music in their vehicles would be plainly audible beyond twenty-five feet to a particular police officer.” Due to the carve outs for business and politics in the previous version of the statute, Florida’s Justices said the bill was restrictive on free speech grounds, saying the exemptions made it “not content neutral.”

As the statute has now been reenabled with the update, the carve outs for businesses and politics have been removed.
Separately, HB 1435’s provisions for “special event zones” may also subject it to court battles.
The law, now active, designates a special event zone as a space on a roadway, street, or highway designated by warning signs and including parking structures, parking lots, and any public or private property next to such a designated area. Through its provisions, the new law allows officers to designate a “special event zone in response to a special event that takes place or is reasonably anticipated to take place on a roadway, street, or highway” that they have jurisdiction over.
New Florida law allows smoking bans at public beaches, parks
Designating such an area, HB 1435 says law enforcement may post warning signs at “each point of ingress or egress” and double all fines for the area, as well as impound vehicles for traffic infractions and violations. The signs must be posted 24 hours before enforcement can be in effect. Impounded vehicles may be held for up to 72 hours, in addition to the doubled fines.

It is unclear if the law will be contested again, once enforcement begins. While the law itself says it is already active, some law enforcement agencies, such as the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office, have said enforcement will begin July 1.

Copyright 2022 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This m