Votes: 31 91.2%
  • False

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters

Art Vandelay

Importer/exporter
Registered
Please read the article before voting.

So called because there is no such thing as trans sexual. Biologically you are either male or female. "trans" is a self imposed designation for those who claim to identify themselves as something they are not.

Sorry.

Shift in medicine behind restroom rifts?
Matt Reed, Florida Today
May 4, 2016

Why is so much of America, including Brevard Public Schools, suddenly arguing over which public restrooms should be used by transgender people? They've always lived among us. So why now?

I don’t buy that it's activism or political correctness alone.

A better theory: More young people today are growing up coping with not-yet-certain gender and less-than-common anatomy, thanks to a major shift in science and medicine that started 20 years ago.

More such kids probably need accommodations at school that they’re not getting. They deserve the same respect as you and me, but some instead are getting bullied. When school boards and companies try to help, social conservatives interpret it as left-wing activism, fight change and trash the kids.

I was clued in to this only last week while judging a graduating senior’s research presentation on “intersex” students at West Shore Jr./Sr. High School in Melbourne. I later discovered a body of scientific research that has gone overlooked as speculation rages in legislatures and on talk radio about perverts lurking in bathrooms and boys donning wigs to try to play girls’ soccer.

More 'intersex' kids

Here’s the deal, I think, with our schools.

About one in every 1,000 babies is born with intersex issues such as genitalia, chromosomal abnormalities or hormonal disorders that defy society’s purely intellectual definition of two genders, says a study published by the American Journal of Human Biology. At that rate, nearly 80 public-school students in Brevard County would have been born that way.

From the 1960s through the 1980s, pediatricians acted on the theory that gender was established mainly by a person’s genitalia and social upbringing. If a baby was born with “ambiguous” reproductive parts, doctors pressed the parents to choose a sex and put it on the birth certificate, perform “corrective” genital surgery, and refer the child to years of hormone therapy.

It was an inexact science. People who had been surgically and socially conditioned to be girls turned out to be hard-wired as men inside, and vice versa. A study of 94 intersex children at the University of Oklahoma found that more than half the genetic males who had been surgically and socially conditioned to be girls wound up “transitioning” back to acting as men – only without the necessary anatomy.

But medicine changed in the late 1990s – especially among pediatric urologists, endocrinologists and psychiatrists.

Gender identity, scientists figured out, is determined by a combination of early prenatal brain development, chromosomes, hormones and reinforcement from social environment – not what people look like below their belly buttons.

They also started to understand an array of genetic and hormonal disorders that can scramble children’s physical features and gender orientation. With adrenal hyperplasia, for example, girls with the normal XX chromosomes are exposed in the womb to such high levels of androgen (a male-development hormone) that they go on to look like boys despite having female sex organs.

From 2000 to 2005 – when today’s fifth- through 10th-graders were born – the prevailing medical outlook changed to delaying gender-assignment surgery and therapy until intersex children are mature enough to state their gender for themselves. Surgery is considered a "last resort" even for transgender adults.

In 2000, a survey of pediatric urologists found that almost all would have recommended raising a genetically male baby as a girl if born with no apparent penis. Five years later, two-thirds of the doctors said they would call that child a boy.

More teasing?

That shift may lead to healthier, happier adults.

But you can imagine what it has caused in their early years: more intersex kids teased for looking different or using the “wrong” bathroom in schools.

As part of her senior research project, West Shore student Dulcinea Olson surveyed guidance counselors at Brevard’s 16 high schools.

More than half said they had dealt with issues with an intersex student. Almost none had received any training or information on how to do it, Olson found.

Her survey pointed to the need for more research on intersex kids, she said. School Board Chairman Andy Ziegler, another project judge in the room, asked for her PowerPoint slides.

My guess is that most of this small but growing population of intersex kids just wants to be left alone to learn and hang out with their friends.

Our schools owe them the same respect, protection and access to facilities as any other students, regardless of the names we adults call them.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Obviously this is in response to my post referring to transsexual as a self designated label. So whats the above article have to do with trans sexuals and how does it refute my post?

God Dammit

Shaddyvillescrub’s Idol
BGOL Investor
So, biologically, you're either male or female...
Yes!
Am I missing something?!
I voted yes and saw that others disagree with that.
Is this a trick question that I don't get yet, or is the others who voted no just supporting the gay folks?!
Seriously, am I missing something?​

Art Vandelay

Importer/exporter
Registered
Obviously this is in response to my post referring to transsexual as a self designated label. So whats the above article have to do with trans sexuals and how does it refute my post?

:confused:

Your basic underlying premise that "Biologically you are either male or female" is observably and scientifically untrue. It's not a matter of opinion.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Biologically speaking, people are born having either male chromosomes or female chromosomes.

No amount of surgery, hormone therapy or how a person identifies themselves as will change that.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yes you are either male or female. If you think you are a different gender their is some mental issues going on

Art Vandelay

Importer/exporter
Registered
Biologically speaking, people are born having either male chromosomes or female chromosomes.

No amount of surgery, hormone therapy or how a person identifies themselves as will change that.

Why would you say something like that when you clearly have no idea what you're talking about?

Look up mosaicism and chimerism and get back to me. Life is not as simple as you would like it to be and are privileged enough to be able to pretend that it is.

Art Vandelay

Importer/exporter
Registered
So, biologically, you're either male or female...
Yes!
Am I missing something?!
I voted yes and saw that others disagree with that.
Is this a trick question that I don't get yet, or is the others who voted no just supporting the gay folks?!
Seriously, am I missing something?

The article, perhaps? Did you read it?

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
:confused:

Your basic underlying premise that "Biologically you are either male or female" is observably and scientifically untrue. It's not a matter of opinion.
Heres the thing... Before you attempt to correct someone on an somewhat obscure and still being defined matter, you should probably have a better understanding yourself. Otherwise you only come off as a piss poor advocate while doing a disservice to the issue and parties involved.

The original topic was Bruce Jenner, and the so called trans community. To dispute my assertion, you provide an article about intersex designation. Which is not the same as trans.

This article that you use as a defense for the so called trans community has ZERO to do with trans people.

I stand by original statement: "trans" is a self imposed designation for those who claim to identify themselves as something they are not.

Fuck off.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
Why would you say something like that when you clearly have no idea what you're talking about?

Look up mosaicism and chimerism and get back to me. Life is not as simple as you would like it to be and are privileged enough to be able to pretend that it is.
Fuck outta here. Not everyone who identifies as transgender is a chimera.

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
I never claimed or implied everyone who identifies as transgender is a chimera. Re-read and take a while to re-think.
But you mentioned chimerism as if everyone who falls under the transgender umbrella is identified as being one.

Fuck your article mayne. I'm on my Colin Powell shit. Unsure why you brought this to our board.

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I'm very grateful I don't have any sexual identity issues. No dog in the fight. I'm a straight man/male and that's all the energy I can put into that fight. All this other gender stuff belongs to the people that are confused and the one's that make other people's confusion their personal crusade. :wakeup:

Art Vandelay

Importer/exporter
Registered
Heres the thing... Before you attempt to correct someone on an somewhat obscure and still being defined matter, you should probably have a better understanding yourself. Otherwise you only come off as a piss poor advocate while doing a disservice to the issue and parties involved.

The original topic Bruce Jenner, and he so called trans community. To dispute my assertion, you provide an article about intersex designation. Which is not the same as trans.

This article that you use as a defense for the so called trans community has ZERO to do with trans people.

I stand by original statement: "trans" is a self imposed designation for those who claim to identify themselves as something they are not.

Fuck off.

I'm not claiming to be an expert.

I asked you why you referred to a "so-called 'trans community'" and you said there is no such thing as transsexual, and before the part you want to emphasize right now, you wrote "Biologically you are either male or female."

I'm honing in on a particular point and you're deflecting. We can discuss other aspects of your point but why can't you acknowledge being wrong on this basic and central issue?

Art Vandelay

Importer/exporter
Registered
Just casted my vote.
Not that it's too long, but the article is not interesting at all.
Now what am I missing.
The "No" votes are obviously pro gay, right?
Yes or no.​

Dude, the thread began "Please read the article before voting." Don't come at me with some "what am I missing" shit when you didn't read the article. It's really disrespectful to expect me to take the time to spoonfeed you because you wouldn't take five minutes to understand what the discussion is about.

Art Vandelay

Importer/exporter
Registered
Bingo.

That is exactly what you imply when you preface the article and this thread with my post from a thread about a fucking tranny.

No. You misunderstand. They don't all have to be-- The point is that some are and that it is a factor to consider.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I'm not claiming to be an expert.
Thats exactly what you do when you attempt to correct and educate someone. While telling them they are wrong and you are right.

I asked you why you referred to a "so-called 'trans community'" and you said there is no such thing as transsexual, and before the part you want to emphasize right now, you wrote "Biologically you are either male or female."
I used so-called because its a self impose label about how THEY view themselves. And context is important... As it pertains to them, biologically, they are either male or female. I dont care how they view themselves. Not sure why this offends you.

I'm honing in on a particular point and you're deflecting. We can discuss other aspects of your point but why can't you acknowledge being wrong on this basic and central issue?
This isnt deflecting young fella. This is correcting. You cannot use a totally different distinction and its research to defend an independent point. We were having a discussion about trans people. You offered research on intersex designation to use to counter my contention. That sir, is WRONG.

JimJones

Rising Star
Registered
The Brain does not answer to the body, anyone over 40 can tell you that the brain will have you thinking you can do some shit you used to be able to do when you was younger and when you do that, your body is like what the fuck are you doing, we can't run that fast or jump that high anymore, you tripping. The probably with gender identity is that those whom suffer from the psychological abnormality wherein their brain thinks the body is different than the genitalia the person was BORN WITH do not want to see themselves as ABNORMAL. There are some things that are truly perceptional or in the eyes of the beholder for instance if someone think that they are attractive and others do not, no matter how many people think the person is unattractive this is still a social standard that can not be fully quantified because we all have different ideas and perceptions as to what and who is attractive. Gender Biologically and even Physiologically is a fact because it does not have anything to do with the psychology of being a male or female. The Biology and physiology of being male or female has to do the the chromosomes and reproductive means of the gender in questions, women do not have sperm and men do not have ovaries. Any issues with Gender identity is Psychological in the vast majority of humans that suffers from it and those that are exceptions to the this rule because they were born with both genitalia or some other biological or physiological abnormality should be considered just that abnormal. This is where the problem truly is, no one wants to be considered Abnormal especially if that abnormality is psychological.

JimJones

Rising Star
Registered
One more thing, the only reasons there are questions about this is because we act only as co-creators as opposed to THE CREATOR. When we create something there is no questioning what it is, In technology, particularly programming you have a 1 and a 0 that determine on or off. This is the language of computing as created by us thus there is no question as to what will happen if you put a 1 instead of a 0 in programing. Humans are so fucked up that we take the sperm of one human and the eggs of another and put them together inside another human being and say Biologically the baby belong to the egg and sperm donor and not the person whom carried the child. We have reduced conception down to if i buy the cake mix and eggs and bake the cake in your oven, whom cake is it?

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Depending on if that cake mix and eggs were Monsanto grown, they might have a case of ownership if you tried selling that baked cake.
Was the water used from a bottle or out the faucet?
Obama-facepalm-485x350.jpeg

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
People seem to enjoy taking a very, very small percentile and magnifying it until it becomes a "thing." Why? I have no idea. Out of the 320 million some odd people in this country how many exactly are we talking about here?

Mello Mello

Ballz of Adamantium
BGOL Investor
A biological genital deformity doesn't make it the rule.

Changing the language from "hermaphrodite" to "intersexed" won't legitimize transexual behavior (or vice versa) on some biological level.

It's wrong to conflate a biological deformity at birth with being transexual. They are not the same.

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
here you go again with THIS bullshit.

MOST people are SECURELY male or female.

SOME people are genetically mixed up.

MOST people dont want men in the womens bathroom and women in the mens bathroom.

this isnt about sexism, classism or any other isms.

you are the chief party rocker of the fruit booty society and bgol ambassador of the gay agenda.

God Dammit

Shaddyvillescrub’s Idol
BGOL Investor
Dude, the thread began "Please read the article before voting." Don't come at me with some "what am I missing" shit when you didn't read the article. It's really disrespectful to expect me to take the time to spoonfeed you because you wouldn't take five minutes to understand what the discussion is about.
:lol:
Just answer my question and calm down. Folks are too sensitive on bgol​

Art Vandelay

Importer/exporter
Registered
here you go again with THIS bullshit.

MOST people are SECURELY male or female.

SOME people are genetically mixed up.

MOST people dont want men in the womens bathroom and women in the mens bathroom.

this isnt about sexism, classism or any other isms.

you are the chief party rocker of the fruit booty society and bgol ambassador of the gay agenda.

"MOST people are SECURELY male or female. SOME people are genetically mixed up."

That means "It is false that all people are biologically male or female."

Why not acknowledge that?