'Travelers'... Netflix Got Another One

sharkbait28

Unionize & Prepare For Automation
International Member
Is this the grown stranger than fiction series?

Nah bro, folks tell me that's 'The OA" but I can't confirm or deny that shit just yet lol... this is a geeky science fiction, time travel type deal.... I dig it so far but I grew up with this shit so I may be biased:lol:

p5ych3

Curry Is My God
BGOL Patreon Investor
I was downloading travelers for a couple mths before I learned it was on Netflix lol.

Don't like the brother's character

ilikebigbutts

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i think netflix helped make the show but sold the rights to be shown on tv stations. they did another show like that too over the summer. i think it was called inbetweeners or something like that.

sharkbait28

Unionize & Prepare For Automation
International Member
I was downloading travelers for a couple mths before I learned it was on Netflix lol.

Don't like the brother's character

Yeah man of course the only brother so far is a deeply flawed deadbeat.... Hollywood is so fucking predictable with their white daddy bullshit. The only solution is to win at such a high level their bullshit superiority narrative reads so incredibly falsely :yes:

TheFuser

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just finished it. Gonna be in my What To Watch article next week. Each episode gets better with the exception of the 10th ep. That shit wasn't needed

Reactions: BDR

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
I like this show. The taking over the mind thing is just so damn grim. Also interesting is that the travelers are on suicide missions since they expect not to exist, but if they don't exist, how do they come back to do what they do? :eek: The classic paradox, but they made it viable with technology.

Empire

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I liked it...aside from the stereotypical brother and the hipster social worker it was a good sci-fi show. I wonder what they will do for season 2

Profit

Rising Star
Registered
Just started watching and enjoying through the first four episodes. I was wondering why I haven't heard anyone mention it... until now.

oskie

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man been waiting two for this to pop back off. I'm waiting until this weekend after I finished godless before I start this one. First season was excellent

simonmarcel

Rising Star
OG Investor
I tried to watch the first episode a few times over the past year but just couldn't get into it. I finally got bored enough to watch it all the way through. I'm on ep 4 now. It's pretty good so far.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
This is the most cliche trailer I have ever heard, but I'll give the show a chance while I clean my room this morning.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
Been watching for nearly half an hour. So far I have seen,

"action drums" when there's no real action

The "deadbeat abusive drunken" Black father stereotype

Vancouver poorly remade to look like an American city

JJ Abrams altering his name in the opening credits so that people won't automatically think it's a piece of crap.

This is pretty much Sense8 with time travel. The only difference is that everyone dies at the same time instead of being born.

This shit is so cliche you could almost make a bingo game out of it

My room is almost clean. If they don't turn this show around in the next 10 minutes I'm dismissing it as Netflix garbage and switching back to YouTube

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
Been watching for nearly half an hour. So far I have seen,

"action drums" when there's no real action

The "deadbeat abusive drunken" Black father stereotype

Vancouver poorly remade to look like an American city

JJ Abrams altering his name in the opening credits so that people won't automatically think it's a piece of crap.

This is pretty much Sense8 with time travel. The only difference is that everyone dies at the same time instead of being born.

This shit is so cliche you could almost make a bingo game out of it

My room is almost clean. If they don't turn this show around in the next 10 minutes I'm dismissing it as Netflix garbage and switching back to YouTube

give it three eps.

its a good show.

Genesiswiz

not the little wizard
BGOL Investor
I been watching it, it's not as good as agents of shield but it's good. I didn't notice the stereotypes till they were mentioned here, but noted. If u r on da fence, get off and watch two eps, you'll like

simonmarcel

Rising Star
OG Investor
When they were going to fire the laser, I thought they had to fire it at an exact point in time. By the time the last guy turned the key, the asteroid should've been out of range.