Trailer: Antebellum

PliggaNease

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Here’s the movie’s logline: “Successful author Veronica (Monáe) finds herself trapped in a horrifying reality and must uncover the mind-bending mystery before it’s too late.” Given the Southern Gothic atmosphere of the trailer, and the fact that the title refers to the Civil War era, it’s safe to say this is going to be a social thriller in the vein of “Get Out” and “Us” — whose producer Sean McKittrick also produced “Antebellum.” Yet there’s also something terrifying in the present stalking Monáe here, which suggests dueling timelines. The cast also includes Marque Richardson II, Eric Lange, Jack Huston, Kiersey Clemons, Tongayi Chirisa, Gabourey Sidibe, Rob Aramayo, Lily Cowles, and Jena Malone.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Here’s the movie’s logline: “Successful author Veronica (Monáe) finds herself trapped in a horrifying reality and must uncover the mind-bending mystery before it’s too late.” Given the Southern Gothic atmosphere of the trailer, and the fact that the title refers to the Civil War era, it’s safe to say this is going to be a social thriller in the vein of “Get Out” and “Us” — whose producer Sean McKittrick also produced “Antebellum.” Yet there’s also something terrifying in the present stalking Monáe here, which suggests dueling timelines. The cast also includes Marque Richardson II, Eric Lange, Jack Huston, Kiersey Clemons, Tongayi Chirisa, Gabourey Sidibe, Rob Aramayo, Lily Cowles, and Jena Malone.

New Trailer

This looks crazy...

Janelle Monáe's time-twisting horror film Antebellum heading to VOD in September

By Tyler Aquilina
August 06, 2020 at 05:45 PM EDT

Audiences will soon discover what Janelle Monáe's mysterious horror film Antebellum is all about.
Originally set for an April release before, well, you know, the film will now bypass U.S. theaters, arriving on VOD Sept. 18. Distributor Lionsgate announced the news Thursday, somewhat ironically calling the film "the ultimate big screen event" in a tweet. Antebellum will still have a theatrical run "in select international markets," according to a press release.

The film's release date was first pushed to Aug. 21 amid the COVID-19 pandemic, before it was temporarily pulled from the studio's schedule.
"While we designed Antebellum to be consumed as a communal experience in the theater, we are thrilled by the unique opportunity we have to pivot to a different kind of communal moment in our culture," writer-directors Gerard Bush and Christopher Renz said in a statement. "As we face the realities of systemic racism in our country, which have crescendoed to this current inflection point in 2020, we understand how imperative it is to bring Antebellum to the broadest audience possible, while also prioritizing health and safety. It is our ardent hope that by sharing our film widely, both nationally and internationally, we will transform the moviegoing experience from home into a true event."

LIONSGATE
Antebellum stars Monáe as a successful writer who finds herself trapped in a nightmarish reality, with trailers showing her being transported to a slavery-era cotton field by a mysterious force. In a statement, Lionsgate Motion Picture Group chairman Joe Drake also stressed the film's relevance to the country's current reckoning with its racist past and present.
"While the theatrical experience will always be the heart of our business, we are thrilled that we are able to seize the opportunity to match Gerard and Chris's urgent and immediate film with a release strategy befitting this moment of extraordinary change," Drake said. "Gerard and Chris are storytellers whose work beats with authenticity — not only will this film entertain and thrill audiences worldwide, but spark a discussion about our current world."

Antebellum also stars Eric Lange, Jena Malone, Jack Huston, Kiersey Clemons, and Tongayi Chirisa. You can watch the trailer below.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yea this looks interesting.. I also want to see that shit crackr, bout a racist cac, waking up in an alternate reality,

where The Bruhs are running the game... I thought that shit wouldve been dropped.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
This shit sucked. 1 star. And I'm only giving it a star because of one scene.

Tha Great Muta

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Can they please stop trying to be like Jordan Peele and Get Out.....That was a once in a lifetime black movie phenomenon..

But I heard this movie was hot trash.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man I been seeing this film get killed...it’s not that bad. I think it could’ve been better and executed. It has potential but it’s like they just stopped reaching its potential about half way through the movie. I don’t know if Covid rushed it or what but it’s like they had to settle for the ending. I’ll never watch it again but I’ve seen far worse plus Janelle did look good.
It’s a 5 out of 10.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Its not that bad...

Its just a made for chicks

Action flick...

And no I ain't watch the bitch.

Just a three minute skim

Through

Like I did all y'all nigga hoes last night