Those interested in learning software development (programming)

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
Why not work on something compelling with potential business value?

I am thinking about starting a business that make games in future..I've actually learned alot by making these simple games,instead of doing the examples in the book examples all the time.

I've been sketching out a logo for myself,so I may need someone to tell me what they think of it...but other than that,I'm liking the progress I've done,so far.

water

Transparent, tasteless, odorless
OG Investor
I've started doing some Javascript tutorials,I actually like it. :yes:

Awesome!!!!!

get this as well

51JwcqaSYPL._SX348_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

pdf: http://www.cpp.edu/~jcmcgarvey/513_2016/ASmarterWaytoLearnJavaScript.pdf

:yes:

water

OG Investor
You always bumping something I need at the right time.

@kayanation , give me your thoughts on the following class...

https://www.edx.org/xseries/data-science-engineering-apache-spark

Looks solid.

They cover Spark with you def need.
They do some ML which you def need.

approx. 4 weeks * 5 courses

5 month commitment

Another thing is that it is becoming easier to create and deploy ML e.g. prediction.io, H2O, AWS ML etc....

So keep in mind that using their cluster might not translate into industry so find some time to spin up yours on a laptop (1 node) or using AWS which is really simple.

For a lot of companies, they may not have a cluster yet and as companies move to AWS, knowing how to work on AWS is def a competitive advantage.

I work with both, on-prem for work and AWS for clients.

Definitely go this route and go hard on the dedication!

:cheers:

Dota

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Looks solid.

They cover Spark with you def need.
They do some ML which you def need.

approx. 4 weeks * 5 courses

5 month commitment

Another thing is that it is becoming easier to create and deploy ML e.g. prediction.io, H2O, AWS ML etc....

So keep in mind that using their cluster might not translate into industry so find some time to spin up yours on a laptop (1 node) or using AWS which is really simple.

For a lot of companies, they may not have a cluster yet and as companies move to AWS, knowing how to work on AWS is def a competitive advantage.

I work with both, on-prem for work and AWS for clients.

Definitely go this route and go hard on the dedication!

:cheers:

Thank you once again for the knowledge drop.

The next question is each course offers a verified certificate for a paid price that can be eventually added to your resume/LinkedIn profile. The prices are $49/$99/$99/$99/$99. Is paying for the verified certificates worth it?

water

OG Investor
Thank you once again for the knowledge drop.

The next question is each course offers a verified certificate for a paid price that can be eventually added to your resume/LinkedIn profile. The prices are $49/$99/$99/$99/$99. Is paying for the verified certificates worth it?

Most def.

The verified cert gets you over the hump of a white person questioning your knowledge and ability.

$500 to minimize the fuckery

$500 to make you want to finish it.

lol

water

OG Investor
New Hadoop survey makes big data predictions for 2016
The results from the second annual Syncsort Hadoop survey are in and the 250 high-level respondents predict some surprising future trends of big data.

In a new survey conducted by Syncsort, 250 prominent respondents including data architects, IT managers, developers, business intelligence/data analysts, and data scientists weigh in on big data trends to watch in 2016. Two-thirds of those surveyed work in companies with over $100 million in annual revenue. Industries represented are financial services, healthcare, government, and retail. The big trend for 2016 is the move away from Hadoop experimentation into full production with big data analytics.

2016's big three trends are:

• Apache Spark production deployments
  • Conversion from other platforms to Hadoop
  • Leveraging Hadoop for advanced use cases
The uptick in Apache Spark is a bit of a surprise at a full 70 percent of respondents stating that Spark is the platform that they're most interested in. MapReduce came in at a distant second at 55 percent. However, Syncsort's big data analysts predict that MapReduce will remain the primary compute framework for production deployments. But the numbers tell a different story. With 70 percent of the respondents expressing a keen interest in Apache Spark, MapReduce deployments may in fact reduce over the next twelve months.

The two primary factors in this interest in Spark is that it is easy to deploy and its speed. Because Spark runs in memory, it requires big iron. Its speed also highlights one of MapReduce's biggest problems: its high-latency, batch-mode response.

But like the Syncsort experts, I believe that people will hang onto MapReduce for a while longer.

The conversion or offload from expensive platforms to open source Hadoop is a significant shift. The old mainstays of mainframe and the enterprise data warehouse are becoming too expensive to deal with when cheaper alternatives are screaming for attention. The respondents agree to the tune of 63 percent stating that Hadoop will help them increase business and IT agility. Fifty-five percent expect to increase operational efficiency and reduce costs. And 51 percent want to use Hadoop to make more data available to business users.

More than half the respondents view Hadoop as a way to innovate by using social media data and data from IoT sources. Oddly, only 4.9 percent reported interest in advanced use cases involving mobile apps and software.

Tendü Yoğurtçu, General Manager of Syncsort's Big Data business, stated that "As Hadoop adoption becomes mainstream, the number of applications in production increases and the use cases, frameworks and data sources become more varied and complex. Organizations realize significant benefits from Hadoop; however, they also cite challenges in keeping up with new tools and skills, connectivity and data movement, and unforeseen costs".

http://www.zdnet.com/article/new-hadoop-survey-makes-big-data-predictions-for-2016/