This is a silver lining from the pandemic

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
Employers are going to have to make their benefits package very sweet for new hires. People are finally getting hip to the game. I love my job but I understand some of these people in this article. And no unemployment insurance has nothing to do with this.

Ryokurin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Before the pandemic it was starting to become an issue in some jobs, like bank tellers but it was written off as a problem unique for that specific industry. The pandemic just made more people realize the opportunities and be more willing to take a chance at something new. Unfortunately it's going to hurt small businesses the worst.

Most people if given the choice between Richards Variety store @ $10/hr and Target at $15 is going to choose Target. Same goes with the option of Chipotle and Joe's Pizza. Everyone's price is going to go up, but with corporations such as Chipotle that only means ~$.40 a burrito, but may be a dollar or more at a local shop.

And that's not even mentioning how a lot of the minimum wage people actually do have 2-3 jobs right now to make ends meet. I'm sure if they can do it on one job a lot of them would do it.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
uh duh what do they expect,

its becoming a workers markert... them corporations,

took people for granted too long....now workers...

are working low pressure jobs,

and flipping money on the stock, crypto and money

markets..

thats what they are NOT telling you....
Almost Everyone gets this point….if you read the comments to the video a lot of people got this point.

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
Employers are going to have to make their benefits package very sweet for new hires

Man its a yogurt shop round my house hiring managers for 22 dallors an hour just to get some bodies in there. Many places are uping that bread just to get and possibly keep people there! One warehouse is offering 18$ to start and a 4000$ bonus if they stay a entire year...

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
Man I always say it crazy how the lowest paying jobs handle and treat people any kinda way.
Granted many of the people who work these jobs have certain type of attitudes etc but this ain’t about them at the moment.

leadership/supervisor/managers in many of these establishments suck. I know it’s a task to be nice or respectful to everyone but when the head display fucked ways, the body normally follow.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
Folks just got tired of working for shit pay, question is are those jobs going to be replaced with machines?
most of those jobs you cannot replace with machines right now Because the technology is not there yet. Some fast food joints you can put a machine in there but that’s about it

DMXtreem

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I have two theories:
1. That entire "coral-yard" mentality of massing people in a building, not because it breeds creativity, but so that folks can be "watched" and "controlled", is coming to an end.
2. People have found that they can be "Happier" with less. Life is about LIVING, not about working to acquire shyt you don't live long enough to fully enjoy!!!

easy_b

BGOL Investor
Hispanics
That is a borderline situation For employers because the older generation of American Hispanics is not touching these jobs anymore but the new ones who just came over they will work these low wage jobs temporarily.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
My initial summary of this is that the pandemic has changed America forever….I never thought I would see this in my lifetime but it’s happening. And for the last time unemployment insurance have nothing to do with this the evidence is right before your eyes. By the way the only group of people that is living in the past is Trump supporters.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
My initial summary of this is that the pandemic has changed America forever….I never thought I would see this in my lifetime but it’s happening. And for the last time unemployment insurance have nothing to do with this the evidence is right before your eyes. By the way the only group of people that is living in the past is Trump supporters.
Ask playahaitian I told him covid was gonna change society for the better in someways cause it’s gonna make them rethink the meaning of happiness, life, etc.. unfortunately there were going to be casualties from the pandemic but when great change comes there will always have to be sacrifices

easy_b

BGOL Investor
Ask playahaitian I told him covid was gonna change society for the better in someways cause it’s gonna make them rethink the meaning of happiness, life, etc.. unfortunately there were going to be casualties from the pandemic but when great change comes there will always have to be sacrifices
You are correct a lot of people who didn’t give a fuck about life all of a sudden gave a fuck about life after the Covid pandemic (well the pandemic is still ongoing). America right now is in uncharted territory With its economy and employers better made the right move or they are going to catch the most hell. The only thing that concerns me right now is housing I see a huge bubble forming And if we have another housing crash We literally are going to be at a fork in the road. I am glad that the Democrats are in charge in Washington DC but these red states republicans are making things worse. By the way check out this video it’s very interesting also