This is a bad idea. They need to nope the fuck out of this.

PliggaNease

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
TMZ: Families behind 'Freedom, Georgia' project get offers for reality show

WILKINSON COUNTY, Ga. - A group of people who are joining forces to create a 96-acre "safe haven" for Black families in Georgia may be bringing this effort to your TV screen, TMZ reports.

The Georgia and Florida families combined their resources to buy nearly 100 acres of land in Wilkinson County, Georgia to create what they're calling Freedom, Georgia. According to TMZ, they have been bombarded by inquiries from production companies to share their story.

Ashley Scott and Renee Walters said they were so stressed and overwhelmed by the 2020 murders of Ahmaud Arbery in south Georgia, Breonna Taylor in Kentucky, and George Floyd in Minnesota, that they felt compelled to create a refuge city for Black families fatigued by racial division. Over the summer, they fell in love with this sprawling piece of undeveloped land in Toomsboro, about 100 miles south of their own homes in metro Atlanta.

“It's about a safe haven. It's about having a place where you can be authentically black, unapologetically black and not be judged,” said Scott.

“Our 96 acres is to serve for as a safe haven for the 19 families that got together and purchased it and then open it up to the public to have retreats, and reunions and weddings, trails for hunting, a lake for fishing and a place for us to just breathe,” said Walters.

After the movement caught on through social media, Renee and Ashley, who live in Clarkston and Stonecrest, raised thousands of dollars, then quickly pulled together enough of their own friends, family members, and other interested land buyers to purchase what they hope will be the future of a city called Freedom.

TMZ says representatives from A&E, Oxygen, Lifetime, and several other networks are interested.

But TMZ's sources say that Scott and Walters and other leaders of the future community say they want to be sure they own the rights to the footage and have a say in how it's edited.

"They really don't want this to be slimy and full of cheap thrills -- but instead, have it be uplifting, while putting Black folks in a positive light," TMZ reported.

To learn more about Freedom, Georgia visit thefreedomgeorgiainitiative.com.

I have no doubt that, should this happen, the CAC's behind it will put some sort of clause in the contract that will end up with the network owning the land. Fuck this.

Simply_Black

International
International Member
Well, it depends on how much they're getting paid and if they intend to put the money back into the project... if it's used to do all good and positive then I'm all for it.

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
A lot of people have gotten paid from reality shows, but I haven't seen it end up positive for almost any of them

But when it works:

Keeping_Up_With_the_Kardashians_1599652044.jpg

God's Gift

The best of the majority of you niggas.
BGOL Investor
Well, it depends on how much they're getting paid and if they intend to put the money back into the project... if it's used to do all good and positive then I'm all for it.

How much of a show could anyone watch of black people doing laundry, food shopping, going to work, washing cars, walking dogs, cutting grass, cooking at home, or being Simply_Black could you stand?

Before you answer, do you realize all other black reality shows were minstrels and contrived buffonery to depict us to amerikkka as such and thus influence everyday actions?

Last edited:

Simply_Black

International
International Member
How much of a show could anyone watch of black people doing laundry, food shopping, going to work, washing cars, walking dogs, cutting grass, cooking at home, or being Simply_Black could you stand?

Before you answer, do you realize all other black reality shows were minstrels and contrived buffonery to depict us to amerikkka as such and thus influence everyday actions?

So why does this one have to be like past others?... Are you instantly presuming that these families don't have the know how and intelligence to dictate terms & agreement and make the production an informative style documentary?

If it can't be done in a informative documentary style series then they should pass on it... but it would be good to see how the build and progress over time... to answer your question I could watch many hours of black folks positively building a community with or without excessive drama included... my only interests is seeing how well they develop.

carsun1000

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
You know they won't stop at face value right? They won't show this as something for other communities to emulate. They'll start digging, looking for ways for these families to fight or they will bring up their pasts and fuck it all up. If these families want this endeavor to be successful, they need to keep the media out of it

Last edited:

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Negroes still haven't learned. The easiest way to neutralize black progress is to throw money at the pioneers. As soon as this goes mainstream it becomes a sideshow. Classic white tactic. If they see something they find threatening the first weapon they deploy is money to control it. Second is the smear campaign and finally violence. I saw this shit coming a mile away. They should have just kept it quiet.

p5ych3

Curry Is My God
BGOL Patreon Investor
There is enough footage out there of how reality shows are done. they could record themselves and use youtube or something to get extra money. in 2020 ppl should be looking to cut out the middle man as much as possible.

trstar

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You know they won't stop at face value right? Tgey won't show this as something for othet communities to emulate. They'll start digging, looking for ways for these families to fight or they will bring up their pasts and fuck it all up. If these families want this endeavor to be successful, they need to keep the media out of it
That is what exactly is gonna happen. Every body’s background will be examined with a fine comb. Then show will look to sensationalize any disagreement and mistake.
Don’t do it. Make your own documentary and completely control the narrative

Last edited:

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I wouldn't do it unless they I have some type of control over the final project,what airs and what doesn't and a certain percentage is upfront so we could buy more land,ect.

This can turn negative or be painted in a bad light or just bring unwanted pest who are looking for attention and $$$ because they are being discriminated against.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
Somebody should reach them and adcize them not to do thw reality show and inform them why it would be harmful to thwir endeavor.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This will be the first reality horror. One by one the cast members will be found hanging from trees.

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This isnt something that the white people shouldn't have even heard of PERIOD until power was solidified and the beginning of a movement or the blueprint set.
THANK YOU!

Why in God's name do we always have to let EVERYONE (ELSE) know when we're making moves :smh: ? I wish more of us would just make our moves in shadows. If they do this, they can be easily "monitored" :smh: - and controled.

damn.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
So why does this one have to be like past others?... Are you instantly presuming that these families don't have the know how and intelligence to dictate terms & agreement and make the production an informative style documentary?

If it can't be done in a informative documentary style series then they should pass on it... but it would be good to see how the build and progress over time... to answer your question I could watch many hours of black folks positively building a community with or without excessive drama included... my only interests is seeing how well they develop.
Bruh if it's a reality show. Do you really think they want some positive shit that will not be good for rating? No...they will want drama, which equals good ratings.

Last edited: