These 2 songs came out in 1979. I wonder who bit who?

Simply_Black

International
International Member
Yep, very similar....

.... and both good tracks.....

... I've learnt to understand that writers and producers during the period would often allow or pass on their work to other musicians to re-create, sometimes out of respect of the other person's work or sometimes by mutual financial consent.

Man_Of_STeeL

鋼鉄の人 - より似たチタン
Platinum Member
from talkin' to my family members who produce music...a little bit about the music game...it's pretty grimey...

quite frequently...the person who actually creates the beat...like my family members...doesn't get credit for it...

Rythm

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Probably not a coincidence but sometimes label heads will direct you to create songs with similar chord progressions, accents etc. based on other popular songs. Also, a lot of songs have the same writers, producers, or musicians that bring the same flavor to certain songs. Most of the time it's probably straight bites tho' lol

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
Yep, very similar....

.... and both good tracks.....

... I've learnt to understand that writers and producers during the period would often allow or pass on their work to other musicians to re-create, sometimes out of respect of the other person's work or sometimes by mutual financial consent.
As I've stated before, there are times when a writer or producer would pass a track that's been recorded already to a more prominent artist to get that track more shine. That being said, you're spot on, bruh!