The Witcher 3 / The Witcher Netflix TV Season 4 announced. Henry Cavill gone, Liam Hemsworth - New Witcher

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Now that The Witcher Season 1 is out in the world for everyone to binge, we're eager to learn what's next for Geralt and his comrades, and more importantly, why Season 2 isn't dropping on Netflix until 2021. To learn everything we need to know about The Witcher Season 2, we went straight to the source - Witcher showrunner and executive producer Lauren Schmidt Hissrich, who recently arrived in London to continue her work on the second season.

Hissrich admitted that she and her team had considered a late 2020 release date for Witcher Season 2, but eventually decided not to rush production. "The truth is, [The Witcher] is an enormous show and it takes a long time and we realized that in Season 1 we were smashing down a lot of the post-production process," Hissrich told IGN. "And we want to make sure that everyone on our team gets the time to do their job and do it to the best of their ability. So we’re making sure we have a lot of built-in cushion time for Season 2 so we don’t cram anything in at the last minute."

Hissrich revealed that all the scripts for The Witcher Season 2 have been written, though she told us that the pages are "living breathing things," which might go through some changes during pre-production. "Now is really the time that we do the fine-tuning," Hissrich said, "and we make sure that we’re telling the story the right way. And that will continue happening through July. It’s an ongoing, organic process.”

Hissrich also shared a few details about how Season 2's narrative structure will differ from its predecessor. For those of you who found the multiple Witcher timelines of Ciri, Geralt, and Yennefer difficult to follow, you can rest assured that The Witcher Season 2 will have a more linear timeline.

“The timelines were done mostly so we could follow Geralt’s story at the same time we were following Yennefer’s and Ciri’s story," Hissrich told IGN. "What we’ve done by the end of Season 1 is bring everyone onto the same timeline, and their stories will start to intersect a lot more. I personally was sad that the timelines weren’t received as well as I hoped they would’ve been. I think they’re fun. But I think the audience lucked out a lot because, in Season 2, those were already gone anyway. So I do think that it’s going to be an easier season to follow. But I think more than that, the storytelling is a lot more focused."

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Still shocked at how popular this reportedly was.. I actually dont believe the numbers. I bailed early. Shit was cheese as fuck.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

32187954-8648229-image-a-13_1597946187299.jpg

Man_Of_STeeL

鋼鉄の人 - より似たチタン
Platinum Member
i'll watch the next season...but the showrunners gotta do a WAY better job of explaining what's going on...

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
i'll watch the next season...but the showrunners gotta do a WAY better job of explaining what's going on...
right they got too cute with the story telling...the story was already great as it was

all they had to do was tell it