THE UGLY TRUTHS ABOUT MOVING TO GHANA (But applies to most of Africa)

MisterT

Rising Star
Registered

!. Bribe system .... usually cheap but its a pain and aggravation. Also exists in Central America

2. Limited entertainment .... That's not a bad thing, it's GREAT if you have an entrepreneurial spirit

3. Food (see number 2

4. You can get healthcare but a PRIVATE clinic would be best. Guard your health well.

5. Immigration ( I know nothing abut it )

AND THE GOOD TH(INGS YOU'LL EMBRACE IN GHANA

gameboy

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
2 & 3 are actually whats fucked about the U.S.,, there is nothing natural about all these distractions & fast food people have come to rely on in this country,, a detox from all that would be refreshing,, american travelers & expats be going to all these naturally beautiful countries & islands insisting on having more american amenities there, and actually be tarnishing these authentic places,, "we need a Cheesecake Factory on this exotic island",, no bitch!

Last edited:

MisterT

Rising Star
Registered
Yo
The bribery system in America is very expensive.
u have a point... at least when they talk about the bribery system in places like Ghana, for most things like a traffic ticket or to hurry along an application, they're generally talking about enough money for free lunch, not break the bank money. I bribed my way out of a parking ticket in Guatemala for the equivalent of $2.50 U.S. .... it's not what they make it sound like

gameboy

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yo

u have a point... at least when they talk about the bribery system in places like Ghana, for most things like a traffic ticket or to hurry along an application, they're generally talking about enough money for free lunch, not break the bank money. I bribed my way out of a parking ticket in Guatemala for the equivalent of $2.50 U.S. .... it's not what they make it sound like
can you cross over into guatemala freely from belize,, or is there a border crossing process like US to mexico

Simply_Black

International
International Member
Pretty much the same in nearly all developing countries.... Ghana isn't any different than any other country in Africa or in the Caribbean... there are many pluses to living abroad but without the proper planning and research the reality can be a bit of a nightmare.

MisterT

Rising Star
Registered
can you cross over into guatemala freely from belize,, or is there a border crossing process like US to mexico
there is a staffed border crossing with visa stamping and the whole 9 in the town of Benque Viejo that takes you into Melchor de Menchos, Guatemala .... right now it's shut down.... nobody in or out of Belize except on rarely scheduled government sponsored repatriation flights. Same goes for the Mexico crossing near Corozal. Even though we share a border with Honduras also, we have no road access crossing, as no roads go to Honduras, you must drive to Punta Gorda and go by ferry boat, or fly.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
6. dudes aint feeling me because i sound like scottie pippen

scottie-pippen-upset-last-dace-1589575772.png