The SouljaGame Console Is Here and It’s More Than We Expected

Pimpslap Slim

The Villain
BGOL Investor
May as well grab one of these while you at it.
8i40m2t1fv3z.jpg

lz7mq9lrg4oz.jpg

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
my usage of the word “relatively” was in connection w/ his rap “peers” who usually go the clothing line, sneakers, alcohol or headphones route

I'll say this, kinda going another direction.

As somebody who is in to classic games, game preservation and emulation..

This shit kinda irks me because it draws attention to the classic gaming community and makes things harder to find..

Classic gaming by default is going to be both sides of law and because you largely want to stay underground

Especially after that lawsuit Nintendo just won a few weeks ago.

Adam Knows

YouTube: Adam Knows
Platinum Member

this part is very very true and very very possible

selling systems with emulators you didn't get approval to sale for is a big no-no.

most places selling the full size arcade machines/tabletop machines and players in the u.s. don't have the emulators installed you have to do it yourself.

those systems that do pay the licenses/whatever to have those games on their systems.

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
this part is very very true and very very possible

selling systems with emulators you didn't get approval to sale for is a big no-no.

most places selling the full size arcade machines/tabletop machines and players in the u.s. don't have the emulators installed you have to do it yourself.

those systems that do pay the licenses/whatever to have those games on their systems.

Agreed but the trickle down effect is what I'm concerned about...

What other effects will this have on people who are into classic gaming, emulation and preservation.

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
American rapper Soulja Boy is in big trouble with Nintendo and, at least theoretically, may face jail time. All of this as a result of consoles he recently started selling called the Soulja Handheld and SouljaGame Console. The handheld looks eerily similar to other Nintendo handhelds on the market, namely the 3DS and 2DS. Soulja’s new handheld console only began selling just two weeks ago, for $115.00. Apparently, that console contains pirated games that Nintendo owns the rights to and Soulja Boy put them on without their permission.

Soulja Boy was sent a letter by Nintendo’s legal team, saying that by selling his console he could be violating the Trademark Counterfeiting Act. That can come with serious consequences such as jail time for up to 10 years for first-time offenders and up to 20 years for repeat offenders–ouch. If this is indeed true, then Soulja Boy better find himself a good lawyer and fast. Nintendo does not take pirating its software or its technology lightly, and he should have known better.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
American rapper Soulja Boy is in big trouble with Nintendo and, at least theoretically, may face jail time. All of this as a result of consoles he recently started selling called the Soulja Handheld and SouljaGame Console. The handheld looks eerily similar to other Nintendo handhelds on the market, namely the 3DS and 2DS. Soulja’s new handheld console only began selling just two weeks ago, for $115.00. Apparently, that console contains pirated games that Nintendo owns the rights to and Soulja Boy put them on without their permission.

Soulja Boy was sent a letter by Nintendo’s legal team, saying that by selling his console he could be violating the Trademark Counterfeiting Act. That can come with serious consequences such as jail time for up to 10 years for first-time offenders and up to 20 years for repeat offenders–ouch. If this is indeed true, then Soulja Boy better find himself a good lawyer and fast. Nintendo does not take pirating its software or its technology lightly, and he should have known better.

I noticed that everyone is quoting MTO on this rumor.

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
If Rerez does another video on this shit, I'm going to unsubscribe.

Simply, We get it, it's trash and probably illegal, no need to keep beating a dead horse, Rerez

But one thing RGT 85 pointed out that I didn't know, is that copyright laws are different in China, so these machines are 100% legal there.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
If Rerez does another video on this shit, I'm going to unsubscribe.

Simply, We get it, it's trash and probably illegal, no need to keep beating a dead horse, Rerez

But one thing RGT 85 pointed out that I didn't know, is that copyright laws are different in China, so these machines are 100% legal there.

Yeah I felt the same way... dude has like 20 videos on Soulja boy.

There are plenty of companies selling these types of systems on Amazon... I think the main difference is that Souja boy is selling these cheap systems for way way to much.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You don't know how much HE paid.

I'm not mad at Soulja per se.... I'm mad at the high ass markup and misleading ass "price."

Normally $199, now on sale for $149...mfkr that consoles is $79.99 after already being marked up by the chinese... Now you wanna fleece mfkrs for an extra $70?!.....bruh...No

I could see $20, especially if you changed at least 1 damn thing about it.... But you didn't...

That shit is exactly the same as the $79.99 joint..

In short FOH

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
these major companies do the same thing and ninjas be braking themselves to spend. Fucking haters

But what if the shit is trash?

Because by all accounts this shit is legitimate trash

I think this is a case of the gaming community clashing with rap fans.

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
Not the point I was making.

You called dude haters but I don't think that applies when you talking about premium headphones which are actually functional vs a console that is over priced, under powered and might get pulled in a few weeks.

Backshot Bully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You called dude haters but I don't think that applies when you talking about premium headphones which are actually functional vs a console that is over priced, under powered and might get pulled in a few weeks.
I did and if the shoes fits nigga........ wear it. You offended? R.I.F. Since your so concerned and confused at least addresse the issue at hand not some made up shit.

This is why apple vs Samsung is dumb, listen Up dumbass Samsung makes l.e.d screens for damn near every cell phone carrier whether cheap or top of the line it’s the same screen. Your paying for the rebranded screen name of apple etc the same screen is on that phone is also on cheaper L.G. Phones etc your paying for the rebranded name idiot.

same with televisions, same technology different companies acting like they created the tech when their just rebranding the tech, hence qled, oled, mled same tech they bought from another company and rebranded it to make it sound good to you like you really paid for something different.

They call that marketing And it’s done all the time. Most suvs and cars have same parts, same frames only difference are vehicle names, selling you the same thing telling you it’s high end and all the shit eventually breaks down so don’t give me the quality shit. Big companies produce bullshit and sell it all the time and you buy it fucking hater.

What’s better a Toyota or a Lexus?

keone

WORLD WAR K aka Sensei ALMONDZ
International Member
soulja boy wanted to be a thug instead of disney star he would have sold millions of this shit

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
I did and if the shoes fits nigga........ wear it. You offended? R.I.F. Since your so concerned and confused at least addresse the issue at hand not some made up shit.

This is why apple vs Samsung is dumb, listen Up dumbass Samsung makes l.e.d screens for damn near every cell phone carrier whether cheap or top of the line it’s the same screen. Your paying for the rebranded screen name of apple etc the same screen is on that phone is also on cheaper L.G. Phones etc your paying for the rebranded name idiot.

same with televisions, same technology different companies acting like they created the tech when their just rebranding the tech, hence qled, oled, mled same tech they bought from another company and rebranded it to make it sound good to you like you really paid for something different.

They call that marketing And it’s done all the time. Most suvs and cars have same parts, same frames only difference are vehicle names, selling you the same thing telling you it’s high end and all the shit eventually breaks down so don’t give me the quality shit. Big companies produce bullshit and sell it all the time and you buy it fucking hater.

What’s better a Toyota or a Lexus?

I'm not offended, you're the one with all the cursing and name calling when I didn't come at you sideways

I understand marketing and I understand the use of Souljaboy to push a product. The Chinese that are behind this are loving this buzz.

I just disagreed with the comparison because in this case these consoles do not compare with modern 8th generation consoles, apart from the controllers and the modern looking cases, these machines do not compare.

Budget phones and TVs still have the same basic function as their top of the line counterparts. I can watch just as much TV and do just as much calling on a cheap product as I can with an expensive one.

The $211 console on Souljawatch.com is powerful enough to play PlayStation 1 games, the $400 console is basically an online-only machine that plays android based games.

How does that compare to the Nintendo Switch (the weakest of the 8th generation consoles) and even the base model PS4 and Xbox One?

You're not about to play Red Dead, GTA V or 2k on Soulja Boy's machine. You're gonna play a poorly emulated version of Super Mario World or some android game that's in Chinese.

Go put this under the tree for your children instead of something from Sony, Microsoft or Nintendo and watch the response your children give you once they plug that shit up.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

Completely.... agree

I wouldn't have any issue if Souja was pricing this shit accordingly...

But dude is up here trying to slap Lavar Ball prices on some Walmart Track shoes.

And this Fuze shit is ALWAYS online.