The SouljaGame Console Is Here and It’s More Than We Expected

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This can't be real lol

The SouljaGame Console Is Here and It’s More Than We Expected

Souljagame-Console-And-Handheld.jpg

The SOULJAGAMECONSOLEis here and it’s way more than we could have hoped for. The newest venture by Chicago-born rapperSoulja Boyhas been revealed and it’s not the only piece of new tech that you can buy today. Ever since the days of Dr. Dre, rappers have been keen on adopting new business ventures to supplement the pittance they typically collect in royalties. While products like Beats By Dre make a lot of sense, Soulja Boy threw the gaming world for a curve by announcing that he would bereleasing a video game console. We now know that it’s called the SouljaGame console and it’s joined by theSOULJAGAME HANDHELD.

The SouljaGame Console boasts over 800 built-in games, the majority of which appear to be emulated titles. The box includes the console, a component connector for older televisions, an HDMI cable, and a USB power cable. A pair of controllers similar in style to theDualShock 4are also included with the package. The SouljaGame console retails for $199.99, but is currently on sale for $149.99.

As for the portable version, the SouljaGame Handheld has 3,000 games built into the device. The handheld’s design seems relatively simple with four main buttons, start and select buttons, and two shoulder buttons. This package doesn’t explicitly show what it includes, but it likely has at least a USB charging cable in the box. You can also connect the handheld version to a television via component cables, so those may be included in the box as well. The SouljaGame Handheld retails for $149.99, but is on sale for $99.99.

Both the SouljaGame console and SouljaGame handheld are produced by Anbernic, a company that specializes in creating home consoles and handhelds that are loaded up with emulated games. The company isalso working on an NES emulator handheldthat’s aesthetically similar to a Game Boy.

We weren’t quite sure what to expect from the SouljaGame console, but we now have most of the details. You can pick up theSouljaGame ConsoleandSouljaGame Handheldfrom the SouljaWatch website

Read more at https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/465807-souljagame-console-handheld-price#okjRizQiFCoU3tGC.99

killagram

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This fuckin guy...needs to put the Draco to his head, pull da trigga..and save da world from his foolishness...brah

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
First, That console case would make a really nice modern looking retropie case

Second, all these video game journalists and youtubers need to chill out because all of them have reviewed the "clone consoles" that they have on aliexpress and wish.com bre and they know they are junk, no need to be trying to roast Soulja Boy for this shit...Pure click bait, dude is just trynna get some sponsorship dollars.

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
Hating ass bastids. I ain’t mad, make that bread. You think Dr Dre actually sat down and help create Beats By Dre headphones? Lmao

First, That console case would make a really nice modern looking retropie case

Second, all these video game journalists and youtubers need to chill out because all of them have reviewed the "clone consoles" that they have on aliexpress and wish.com bre and they know they are junk, no need to be trying to roast Soulja Boy for this shit...Pure click bait, dude is just trynna get some sponsorship dollars.

lol stop...he didn’t even attempt to redesign the shit...he’s reselling some shit that was already manufactured as is and saying it’s his lmaooooooo...I would applaud the effort if it was genuine...shit I came in here to give him props til I read the bullshit

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
lol stop...he didn’t even attempt to redesign the shit...he’s reselling some shit that was already manufactured as is and saying it’s his lmaooooooo...I would applaud the effort if it was genuine...shit I came in here to give him props til I read the bullshit
Levels bruh. I’m not saying it’s on the same level as Beats ,but the same concept is there. Beats were just Monster headphones with the beats logo. Yeah, if he would’ve put it in a Souljaboy specific console design that would’ve helped marketing a whole lot, this type of thing is done all the time. I actually bought my nephews a console similar to this off Ali last year and it had 100+ games and they enjoyed it. I see no issues here.

Last edited:

YoungSinister

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Years ago, someone from here made a thread about a Black man designing his own console. Turns out that it was just some machine made by a 3rd party Jap company. Shit had like 20 games and had Sega Saturn graphics.
Niggas were telling people to support it over playing Xbox 360 and PS3

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm not mad at Soulja per se.... I'm mad at the high ass markup and misleading ass "price."

Normally $199, now on sale for $149...mfkr that consoles is $79.99 after already being marked up by the chinese... Now you wanna fleece mfkrs for an extra $70?!.....bruh...No

I could see $20, especially if you changed at least 1 damn thing about it.... But you didn't...

That shit is exactly the same as the $79.99 joint..

In short FOH

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
And those hoverboard shits were $80-150 on AliExpress, didn't stop ppl from selling them at $400-$800 and guess what? Mad ppl bought them at those prices.

I get it there's a sucker born every minute / day....

However just cuz other mfkrs guage and rape ppls pockets doesn't mean everyone should....

Yes Soulja boy can do it legally... But the shit is still fucked up... Especially since he didnt change a damn thng about this system...

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
If its emulated games its most likely less popular whack games, so no mario or big titles. Too expensive.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Rapper Soulja Boy Just Launched A Pair Of Game Consoles, So Of Course There's A Catch

https://souljawatch.com/

We pride ourselves on only listening to music recorded before 1999 here at Nintendo Life, so prior to being chained to a desk and forced to write this story, we had absolutely no idea who Soulja Boy was, what songs he'd done or why he's such a big deal. A few minutes of slack-jawed research later, and we now know that he's currently peddling a line of games consoles that essentially run a bunch of emulators and come packed with (we can reasonably assume) unlicenced ROMs.

That's right, Soulja Boy – whose real name is [checks Wikipedia] DeAndre Cortez Way – is basically selling a pair of cheap Chinese gaming machines and is passing them off as his own unique vision. To make the whole situation even more amusing, he's charging more for the device than it costs to buy them directly from the manufacturer.

Both machines – a handheld and a console – are made by Chinese firm Anbernic, and usually cost $60 and $90 respectively. Good old Soulja Boy is charging $100 and $150, although he's kind enough to point out that currently, these prices are $50 lessthan the $150 and $200 he'd normally charge, presumably after smoking some of those funny cigarettes we've heard rappers like.

You can check out these amazing slices of tech below. We're almost certain that Soulja Boy asked Bandai Namco for permission to employ Tekken's Jin Kazama as 'brand spokesperson'. Almost certain.

The portable system can apparently run "Switch/3DS/Vita/NEOGEO/GBC/Gameboy/GBA" games and comes with 3,000 (count 'em) pre-loaded, with the ability to download more. Let that sink in for a moment; this thing is being marketed as running Switch games.

The console has 800 games, but can run (it says here) “PS/NEOGEO/PC/SEGA/GBA/NES" as well as the mysterious "SOULJAGAME". We assume that piece of software involves buying up a bulk load of terrible emulation-based Chinese consoles and selling them at a premium to your gullible fans. We can't wait to play that one.

The handheld model is hilariously a rip-off of the Revo-101, which just makes the whole situation even more amusing. If you're not laughing already at the thought of millions of fans snapping up these pieces of junk just because they love a bit of Soulja Boy, then check out the equally chuckle-worthy SouljaWatch (which looks nothing like the Apple Watch, honest!) and the SouljaPods (Apple Air Pods? Never heard of 'em, mate).

The truly bonkers thing about all of this is that Soulja Boy's fans are gobbling up this cheap plastic tat like it's coated in gold and comes with a bag of diamonds as a bonus:

Now if only we could get some of these people to buy these magic beans we've got clogging up the cupboard in the Nintendo Life office.

This whole episode may be unintentionally hilarious, but it looks like Soulja himself will be having the last laugh – he says he has taken more than $250,000 in orders already.

Perhaps he's not so crazy after all?

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._of_game_consoles_so_of_course_theres_a_catch

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Soulja Boy Console Gameplay Footage & Review! This Is Garbage! The SouljaGame LOL!

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
FOH Soulja, This shit is joke!!..Nobody isn't going to buy this BS!!..Scam!!..:smh::smh:

Everyone knows Soulja always on some scam shit!!..Dude is a joke!!..:smh::smh: