The Rogue Tesla Mechanic Resurrecting Salvaged Cars

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I drive more than 34,000 miles per year in my Tesla and pay about $750 per year in maintenance. Less than that in electricity. I appreciate and applaud what this brother is doing but maintenance is not expensive.

how long does it take you to get a full charge? and what was the longest you driven you vehicle without having to charge...?

everybody I know that owns one loves em...

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
So I guess cause I saw the vid, this came up on my feed on Youtube, thought it was cool.

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member
how long does it take you to get a full charge? and what was the longest you driven you vehicle without having to charge...?

everybody I know that owns one loves em...
How long to get a full charge depends on a variety of factors. If near empty, at a supercharger it would take an hour. However, you would have 200 miles in less than about a half hour. Tesla describes it as pouring water into a glass. The closer you get to the top the electric surge slows down so as not to damage the batteries.

I don't know how far I've driven without having to charge. I guess about 275 miles. Unless I'm on a trip, I have lots of free places to charge. Home, superchargers, office parking garage, my batteries energy is always close to full. I love being able to drive fast or quick like a jackass and know that

2 weeks ago I took my car in for maintenance and was given a S85. I did not like that car at all. A few years ago, I considered buying a Tesla but it wasn't better than my S500. My 2 year old Tesla is better than every car I've ever owned and I've owned a lot of great cars.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How long to get a full charge depends on a variety of factors. If near empty, at a supercharger it would take an hour. However, you would have 200 miles in less than about a half hour. Tesla describes it as pouring water into a glass. The closer you get to the top the electric surge slows down so as not to damage the batteries.

I don't know how far I've driven without having to charge. I guess about 275 miles. Unless I'm on a trip, I have lots of free places to charge. Home, superchargers, office parking garage, my batteries energy is always close to full. I love being able to drive fast or quick like a jackass and know that

2 weeks ago I took my car in for maintenance and was given a S85. I did not like that car at all. A few years ago, I considered buying a Tesla but it wasn't better than my S500. My 2 year old Tesla is better than every car I've ever owned and I've owned a lot of great cars.

yea I like big cars and was feelin that model X....

I know a dude who could afford to get a million dollar car if he wants and wont even blink an eye..

but he dont fuck wit nothing but tesla....

its the hard core tesla fan base thats keepin the company afloat...

they tesla spending way more money then they are making....

but so many people believe in elon musk, stock is doing very well...

shit almost at three hundred a share..

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I drive more than 34,000 miles per year in my Tesla and pay about $750 per year in maintenance. Less than that in electricity. I appreciate and applaud what this brother is doing but maintenance is not expensive.
Anecdotal, maintenance isn't expensive on most cars if nothing breaks. Oil changes, cabin air filters etc, it's all good. Once that out of warranty repair is needed that's when it gets expensive. Teslas are widely reported to have these small issues that under warranty is more of just an annoyance, but once that initial warranty is up good luck with those expense for a 2nd hand buyer. They've done multiple versions and updates of their Model S door handles, updates/changes on their driver motor and that screen. The good thing is on the drivetrain/battery, they have an 8 year unlimited miles warranty, but I'd hate to be a Model X owner out of warranty when those funky doors need to be fixed.

badboyyawdie

Rising Star
Platinum Member

I’m thinking about getting one. How much a year in maintenance. And is it reliable?

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
There are tons of Black Nerds and there a lot of Black Geniuses, embrace them. Blackness is not all about "cool."

Tru dat!
Dude looks like Dave Chappelle
Never seen Chappelle do a black nerd....only cac nerds
He sounds like Dave Chappelle doing a cac nerd
This is the third time that you've tried to put your own spin on what I say
Being slick and a little more subtle about it.... this time
gtfoh….. once and for all..... :hmm:

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dude is a mad genius.
Dude looks like Dave Chappelle
Never seen Chappelle do a black nerd....only cac nerds
He sounds like Dave Chappelle doing a cac nerd
This is the third time that you've tried to put your own spin on what I say
Being slick and a little more subtle about it.... this time
gtfoh….. once and for all..... :hmm:

I'm glad you're counting, & I won't gtfoh. Hey, stop trying to pigeonhole Black folks into one category, we are not a monolith: we have nerds, geniuses, artists, punks, hip hop folks, opera, jazz, eclectics, & every other category. As a Black person, you should know that.

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
I'm glad you're counting, & I won't gtfoh. Hey, stop trying to pigeonhole Black folks into one category, we are not a monolith: we have nerds, geniuses, artists, punks, hip hop folks, opera, jazz, eclectics, & every other category. As a Black person, you should know that.
More weak shit trying to make my replies sound coonish….twisting shit that I say.... I commented on him looking like Chappelle….and sounding like him doing a white nerd....you....chose to take it and run looney tune with it..... ur obsessed with twisting what I say..... in your whack ass effort to portray me as a coon.... no one else replied with one like yours...this thread....or the other two times you did it..... not gonna happen.... get over it.... and stop "ziplining" on my nutz… I'm getting a lil chaffed down there.

sidebar: not keeping count.… just have the ability....to....count !!!

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
More weak shit trying to make my replies sound coonish….twisting shit that I say.... I commented on him looking like Chappelle….and sounding like him doing a white nerd....you....chose to take it and run looney tune with it..... ur obsessed with twisting what I say..... in your whack ass effort to portray me as a coon.... no one else replied with one like yours...this thread....or the other two times you did it..... not gonna happen.... get over it.... and stop "ziplining" on my nutz… I'm getting a lil chaffed down there.

sidebar: not keeping count.… just have the ability....to....count !!!

The brotha from Rich Rebuilds is being himself breaking down tech shit and you want to compare him with white nerds? Where is your thinking at? He's doing genius level shit and you can only compare him with white folks? That lets me know where your thinking is at. & he's doesn't look like Dave Chappelle, you picking out random black folks to compare him with. Man, you just want to bring this brotha down, it's obvious.

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
The brotha from Rich Rebuilds is being himself breaking down tech shit and you want to compare him with white nerds? Where is your thinking at? He's doing genius level shit and you can only compare him with white folks? That lets me know where your thinking is at. & he's doesn't look like Dave Chappelle, you picking out random black folks to compare him with. Man, you just want to bring this brotha down, it's obvious.
:lol:….Blah, blah, blah...….more of your weak attempts...…your slick shit has now grown to it's true normal crescendo now.....just like the first two times....not falling for it.....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:lol:….Blah, blah, blah...….more of your weak attempts...…

You try to distract people with your personal attacks, but I'll remind folks of what you said:

tumblr_pcsbqf9XoL1rbtfplo1_1280.jpg

This is your thought process. This condemns you, your own words.

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
You try to distract people with your personal attacks, but I'll remind folks of what you said:

This is your thought process. This condemns you, your own words.
Cool.....now you've graduated to... screen grabs...….
Your thought process...…
Find some one to pick with
Take one of their replies that imply nothing racial
take two steps into the store room of your own little mind
twist that reply into it being one that implies racism
then toot your horn about the "fake news"
undercover Trump bitch
Russian troll

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Cool.....now you've graduated to... screen grabs...….
Your thought process...…
Find some one to pick with
Take one of their replies that imply nothing racial
take two steps into the store room of your own little mind
twist that reply into it being one that implies racism
then toot your horn about the "fake news"
undercover Trump bitch
Russian troll

You've graduated to corny Gifs three posts ago. Again, you cannot handle your own words, all I'm doing to holding a mirror to your own words & you cannot handle that. Instead you have to personally attack me with nonsense like "uncover Trump bitch." Makes no sense, & it proves you're delusional & you're going off the hinges. Keep it together, they are only your own words.

Last edited:

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
You've graduated to corny Gifs three posts ago. Again, you cannot handle your own words, all I'm doing to holding a mirror to your own words & you cannot handle that. Instead you have to personally attack me with nonsense like "uncover Trump bitch." Makes no sense, & it proves you're delusional & you're going off the hinges. Keep it together, they are only your own words.
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn

my own word

illdog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Cool ass nerd..."I like to help people"..Translation: I like to get paid for rebuilding these mf'ers.

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
this was dope. and inspirational. Im getting into constructing homes and I need to know every single part of how a house is built.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
You buying salvaged cars now? Good luck trying to resell or trade in a vehicle with a salvaged title.

geechiedan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
GM: That Car You Bought? We’re Really The Ones Who Own It.

Congratulations! You just bought a new Chevy, GMC, or Cadillac. You really like driving it. And it’s purchased, not leased, and all paid off with no liens, so it’s all yours… isn’t it? Well, no, actually: according to GM, it’s still theirs. You just have a license to use it.

At least, that’s what an attorney for GM said at a hearing this week, Autoblog reports. Specifically, attorney Harry Lightsey said, “It is [GM’s] position the software in the vehicle is licensed by the owner of the vehicle.”

GM’s claim is all about copyright and software code, and it’s the same claim John Deere is makingabout their tractors. The TL;DR version of the argument goes something like this:
  • Cars work because software tells all the parts how to operate
  • The software that tells all the parts to operate is customized code
  • That code is subject to copyright
  • GM owns the copyright on that code and that software
  • A modern car cannot run without that software; it is integral to all systems
  • Therefore, the purchase or use of that car is a licensing agreement
  • And since it is subject to a licensing agreement, GM is the owner and can allow/disallow certain uses or access.
The U.S. Copyright Office is currently holding a series of hearings on whether or not anyone other than the manufacturer of a car has a right to tinker with that car’s copyrighted software. And with the way modern design goes, that basically means with the car, at all.

Folks who like to tinker with their cars, as well as independent (non-dealer) mechanics say they need the copyright exemption in order to be allowed to continue repairing their own cars, or keeping their businesses open. Manufacturers, like GM, say that it’s a safety issue: if people who aren’t authorized mess with any one piece of software, they could make the entire ecosystem of connected code unsafe.
https://consumerist.com/2015/05/20/g...es-who-own-it/