The Original Orange Man John Boehner Doesn't give a Fuck Anymore About the GOP

Politic Negro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
John Boehner unloads on Republican "crazy caucus" in new book excerpt
Axios

Photo: David Paul Morris/Bloomberg via Getty Images
Former House Speaker John Boehner tore into right-wing media and what he called the GOP's "crazy caucus" in a book excerpt published by Politico Friday, targeting Sen. Ted Cruz, Fox News' Sean Hannity and the late Roger Ailes, and former Rep. Michele Bachmann.
The big picture: Boehner seeks to cast himself in his new memoir, titled “On the House: A Washington Memoir," as one of the last leaders of the GOP's sensible conservative movement, before the party was co-opted by Donald Trump and other members who dedicated themselves to "wedge issues and conspiracies and crusades."
Highlights
On Obama and birtherism:
Boehner recalls how he "got all kinds of shit" for stating, as a matter of fact, that the state of Hawaii said President Obama was born there — writing that "you would have thought I’d called Ronald Reagan a communist."
  • "All of this crap swirling around was going to make it tough for me to cut any deals with Obama as the new House Speaker. Of course, it has to be said that Obama didn’t help himself much either. He could come off as lecturing and haughty. He still wasn’t making Republican outreach a priority. But on the other hand—how do you find common cause with people who think you are a secret Kenyan Muslim traitor to America?"
On Sean Hannity: "Places like Fox News were creating the wrong incentives. Sean Hannity was one of the worst. I’d known him for years, and we used to have a good relationship. But then he decided he felt like busting my ass every night on his show. ... At some point I called him a nut. Anyway, it’s safe to say our relationship never got any better."
On Roger Ailes: Boehner describes meeting with his old friend Ailes, who was ousted as CEO of Fox News in 2016 after sexual harassment allegations, "to plead with him to put a leash on some of the crazies he was putting on the air," telling Ailes that he was making his job harder.
  • "When I put it to him like that, he didn’t have much to say. But he did go on and on about the terrorist attack on the U.S. Embassy in Benghazi, which he thought was part of a grand conspiracy that led back to Hillary Clinton. Then he outlined elaborate plots by which George Soros and the Clintons and Obama (and whoever else came to mind) were trying to destroy him."
  • "'They’re monitoring me,' he assured me about the Obama White House. He told me he had a “safe room” built so he couldn’t be spied on."
On Rupert Murdoch: "He was a businessman, pure and simple. He cared about ratings and the bottom line. He also wanted to make sure he was ahead of any political or policy developments coming down the line. ... If he entertained any of the kooky conspiracy theories that started to take over his network, he kept it a secret from me. But he clearly didn’t have a problem with them if they helped ratings."
On Michele Bachmann: Boehner calls the former Minnesota congresswoman, who ran for president in 2012, a "lunatic" who embodied the ability of right-wing media to make "people who used to be fringe characters into powerful media stars." Boehner writes that Bachmann wanted to be placed on the powerful House Ways and Means, and that he turned her down.
  • "Her response to me was calm and matter-of-fact. 'Well, then I’ll just have to go talk to Sean Hannity and everybody at Fox,” she said, 'and Rush Limbaugh, Mark Levin, and everybody else on the radio, and tell them that this is how John Boehner is treating the people who made it possible for the Republicans to take back the House.'"
  • "I wasn’t the one with the power, she was saying. I just thought I was. She had the power now. She was right, of course."
On Ted Cruz: "By 2013 the chaos caucus in the House had built up their own power base thanks to fawning right-wing media and outrage-driven fundraising cash. And now they had a new head lunatic leading the way, who wasn’t even a House member. There is nothing more dangerous than a reckless asshole who thinks he is smarter than everyone else. Ladies and gentlemen, meet Senator Ted Cruz."

forcesteeler

Rising Star
Registered
I dislike how these mofos get a conscience

AFTER they get outta politics

Nah it’s just a crash grab. Most of the billionaire class that run corporate America now and the mainstream media are on the woke train and are the liberal elite now.

See the Lincoln Project. They made over 100 million dollars Grifting Rich Liberals. The big money is with Hollywood and Tech Giants.

Gone are the days when Republicans can rely on Big Oil and Wall Street.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nah it’s just a crash grab. Most of the billionaire class that run corporate America now and the mainstream media are on the woke train and are the liberal elite now.

See the Lincoln Project. They made over 100 million dollars Grifting Rich Liberals. The big money is with Hollywood and Tech Giants.

The politically ignorant will be confused by what you are saying but it is 100% correct.

The pro-whites have been getting tricked for almost 1,000 years and continue to fall for the con games. The main posters supporting the Lincoln Project were also the main posters calling other people coons :lol: :smh:

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
I have to fuck w a dozen Boehner types and man it's a trip.

Like if you weren't on the squad you were on we would probably be as cool as my rules allow me to be w whites.

Cracka.

dasailr03

A Goddamn Sailor!
BGOL Investor
Yeah, he worked the system and benefit as much as anyone else. Once he decided to cash out, he grew a conscience. At the end of the day, he still white with power so he gonna be ok despite speaking the obvious truth today. It was true back then, but he kept his coward ass mouth shut, now he wants to come off like some type of oracle? p.s. Go fuck yourself Boehner!!

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's called, "Buyers Remorse".
After he touted the Republican bullshit lines for years to stop/impede Barack's efforts, he now sees what his actions have led to:
- Donald Trump.
- Q-ANON.
- Josh Hawley.
- The Proud Boys.
- Marjorie Taylor Greene.
- The Jan 6, 2021 DC Insurrection.

Now, his conscience is bothering him because he sees the kind of world he helped to fuck up by making it easier for far more polarizing Republican extremists to come to power.... :hmm:

Last edited:

zod16

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fuck that cracker. He started all of this shit. Trump is the product of party over country politics and racism.

61668_1_600.jpeg

Add this coon as well. He happily tap danced and provided cover for the thinly veiled racism during Obama's first term but now tries to pretend that shit didn't happen...

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
61668_1_600.jpeg

Add this coon as well. He happily tap danced and provided cover for the thinly veiled racism during Obama's first term but now tries to pretend that shit didn't happen...
You are exactly right also the Republicans could have made some Huge gains into different demographic groups with this guy but they was to racist for that

totto

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

With oil, oil doesn't have the PULL it had during the Obama days? Wonder why we hear so muc about Saudia Arabia...

Everything now is about tech now, and how to eat off tech and so forth.. I agree completely..

I think John was a little to calm to be GOP house speaker, his chain smoking and calm demeanor had me thinking low key had has a heart unlike the others in the party. Probably a big reason no one really talks about him.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
them old school common sense repub's done had enough....to late tho-.....
It’s way too late and trump really put them in a bad situation and if Biden past that infrastructure bill they are going to really be in deeper trouble.

forcesteeler

Rising Star
Registered
It's funny how yesterday's Repubs don't look "so bad" when compared to today's Repubs.

Fuck them still, though.

Most Establishment Republicans Like Bush, Boehner, and Mitt Romney are Neo-Conservatives, They Want New Wars and Open Borders.

They really hate trump because there Donors did not make any money like they usually make with a typical Establishment Republican,

In 2016 if Trump did NOT win and let's say Jeb Bush Won, We would be in Iran Right now.

Dont take these Never Trumper's too seriously, Its all about making money.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
they have no choice but too with or without there help....
They have to because a good chunk of this country is falling apart before our eyes we need to do some heavy Infrastructure work In this country and if they pass this bill my black people especially if you have a company that deals with infrastructure please get in front of the line and get some of that money.

dasailr03

A Goddamn Sailor!
BGOL Investor
but somehow some people here will tell u BOTH SIDES
they all do. they profit off fucking people of color over an after they don't got the platform, they do have buyers remorse but fuck them because their actions will continue to cause problems for generations.

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
Like I said before he is still a asshole but he sees the writing on the wall and what’s coming.....Trump has made the Republicans very unstable right now in some places.
This shit started under his watch. It's like an arsonist starting a fire and running to a fireman to tell him that there is a fire over there. Fuck this cracka.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
This shit started under his watch. It's like an arsonist starting a fire and running to a fireman to tell him that there is a fire over there. Fuck this cracka.
It did with the tea party bullshit I do remember that and it wasn’t that long ago but even he couldn’t deal with them racist assholes and he got out of Dodge.

Quek9

K9
BGOL Investor
It did with the tea party bullshit I do remember that and it wasn’t that long ago but even he couldn’t deal with them racist assholes and he got out of Dodge.
He had the power to stop them but he ran like the bitch he is.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
He had the power to stop them but he ran like the bitch he is.
Like what most Republicans he didn’t want to stop them initially because they had control of Congress but when shit started going sideways he ran like a bitch. Nancy Pelosi handle the Extreme left with a strong hand and it worked out for her for the most part.