{The Official 2021-22 NBA Thread} - Finals: Warriors vs Celtics…{4-2 advantage warriors } Dubs NBA champs, Curry MVP

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
Yup, Dallas is not competitive at all. Hope Kidd could come up with something next game.. Suns would’ve been a better match up..
I told a lot of people that the Phoenix Suns were half gave Golden State a little more of a game

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I told a lot of people that the Phoenix Suns were half gave Golden State a little more of a game
Suns couldn't even beat the Mavs. They would've got their ass whooped too. Mavs shot the 3 terrible today. This is not how the Mavs typically play the 3 just didn't fall.

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor
Suns couldn't even beat the Mavs. They would've got their ass whooped too. Mavs shot the 3 terrible today. This is not how the Mavs typically play the 3 just didn't fall.
Golden State is number one clap-clap :bravo:

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend

I think you're off on this because the warriors hate the suns and curry refuses to lose to Christopher
the series isn't even started yet so I have no opinions on how it will turn out

I do know it'd be ugly if we played the suns
we'd try to 90 piece them every single night just like the mavs did
nobody likes the suns

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
And its 1 game
don't mean anything for the series.
Hopefully they stay locked in and work even harder in game 2 and then progressively just work harder
no more quitting like they did in game 5 of the last series

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My guy
Luka literally dribbled the ball out of bounds and the ref auto called it your ball lol

if you go NEAR a mav you go to the free throw line
let's not do that we're always whistle whipped.
Bad calls gonna happen. I aint' complaining about bad calls. I'm complaining about the refs effecting the game and flow. Shit trash.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Great active defense by the Warriors, but anyone watching could see that the Mavs missed lots of open shots. :dunno:

Warriors defense was great, especially against Luka!
Yeah they played Luka well. Great defense there. But MAvs had wide open 3's all night. Shitty shooting by the role players.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Great active defense by the Warriors, but anyone watching could see that the Mavs missed lots of open shots. :dunno:

Warriors defense was great, especially against Luka!

My thing is so did the warriors re: missing open 3s
and the mavs got to the line more than us
we BOTH have things we need to improve on
Thompson didn't even score in the 1st half
etc etc

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Great defense on Luka. But Mavs role players had open shots all night. Live and die by the 3 and they died. But they know the deal. The only chance they have of winning this series is hitting those 3's they missed today.

I can accept and respect that.
I also believe for the most part the people the warriors want to take the 3s took them. It's a reason some of them were open and others were smothered.

It's just 1 game don't mean anything about anything hopefully we come out dialed in and play even harder next game.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah they played Luka well. Great defense there. But MAvs had wide open 3's all night. Shitty shooting by the role players.
Actually they didn't. And GS had wide open 3s also that they missed. Mavs are easily guardable. They just stand around and shoot 3s. Real easy to guard. And it won't matter because they can't guard GS...

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I can accept and respect that.
I also believe for the most part the people the warriors want to take the 3s took them. It's a reason some of them were open and others were smothered.

It's just 1 game don't mean anything about anything hopefully we come out dialed in and play even harder next game.

I mean the objective was to clearly shut down Luka and allow the other guys to beat you. Role players typically play better at home. They'r upon the road. The strategy worked tonight and probably will work again next game if the 3's don't fall.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My thing is so did the warriors re: missing open 3s
and the mavs got to the line more than us
we BOTH have things we need to improve on
Thompson didn't even score in the 1st half
etc etc

You’re definitely right! The poor 3 point shooting this a glaring stat so it stands out.

Not to mention Mavs got offensive rebounds and continued to shoot and miss 3’s on multiple possessions.

Klay’s gonna wake up, that bum Curry needs to work on his free throws and 3 point shooting! :lol:

Steph woke up when Luka talked shot to Steph about him missing free throws, Steph was Tight! :roflmao:

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
People will
Bad calls gonna happen. I aint' complaining about bad calls. I'm complaining about the refs effecting the game and flow. Shit trash.

They're not effecting the game and the flow though what are you talking about?
rebounding effects the game and the flow
Curry had 12 of them. That shouldn't happen. He only played 3 quarters.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I mean the objective was to clearly shut down Luka and allow the other guys to beat you. Role players typically play better at home. They'r upon the road. The strategy worked tonight and probably will work again next game if the 3's don't fall.

I think it's a little bit more complex than that but the gist is correct.
Like Bullock and Finney are people they'd be ok with but not Dinwiddie and Brunson if that makes sense.
But both coaches will make adjustments and that'll be that.
I fully expect Luka to "get his" because our defense isn't designed to try and stop 1 guy from getting his points. It's stop him from effecting the game for the rest of the team.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
You’re definitely right! The poor 3 point shooting this a glaring stat so it stands out.

Not to mention Mavs got offensive rebounds and continued to shoot and miss 3’s on multiple possessions.

Klay’s gonna wake up, that bum Curry needs to work on his free throws and 3 point shooting! :lol:

Steph woke up when Luka talked shot to Steph about him missing free throws, Steph was Tight! :roflmao:

You noticed that too?
Idk what it is but when ppl talk shit he plays lights out so please mavs talk all sorts of shit to steph because he literally put the game away after that.

right attitude after the game though simply saying lot of work left
there absolutely is.

But FUCK
please play Moody and Kuminga stop fucking playing damion fucking lee in actual game minutes

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
People will

They're not effecting the game and the flow though what are you talking about?
rebounding effects the game and the flow
Curry had 12 of them. That shouldn't happen. He only played 3 quarters.
He just took the rebounds others would've got. Draymon and Looney only had 14 rebounds together. So Steph got his flukey 12. I'd happily let him have 12 rebounds if he only put up 21 points and 4 assists. That's a winnable game.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You noticed that too?
Idk what it is but when ppl talk shit he plays lights out so please mavs talk all sorts of shit to steph because he literally put the game away after that.

there absolutely is.

But FUCK
please play Moody and Kuminga stop fucking playing damion fucking lee in actual game minutes

You damn right I noticed! :lol:

I rewind a couple of times trying to figure out what Steph said. I couldn’t figure it out. Whatever it was Draymond told Steph to keep his head in the game.

Yes lots of work left but the Warriors looking good, they have the right temperament and are ready for the challenge.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Actually they didn't. And GS had wide open 3s also that they missed. Mavs are easily guardable. They just stand around and shoot 3s. Real easy to guard. And it won't matter because they can't guard GS...

Warriors been missing open 3's for the past few series. Klay and Steph ain't been the splash brothers like normal.

And what do you mean actually they didn't? You said they didn't have open 3's but say the Warriors had wide open 3's ALSO which mean you acknowledge the Mavs had open 3's? Confusing.

They just stand around and shoot 3's? You think Jalen Brunson just sits there and shoot 3's? Come on man don't let this game fool you lol.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Thing about GSW is if Curry and Clay aren't performing, there are like 4 other guys who can pick up the slack. Kerr running a tight ship over there.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think it's a little bit more complex than that but the gist is correct.
Like Bullock and Finney are people they'd be ok with but not Dinwiddie and Brunson if that makes sense.
But both coaches will make adjustments and that'll be that.
I fully expect Luka to "get his" because our defense isn't designed to try and stop 1 guy from getting his points. It's stop him from effecting the game for the rest of the team.
I didn't see any special defense to stop Brunson and Dinwiddie. There's nothing they can really do to the stop them. And I don't mean they are unguardable I mean they can get whatever shot they want its just going to depend on their shot falling. That's it. They've shown it. Its easy to laugh at the Suns now but at the end of the day Bridges and Crowder are 2 of the better defenders in the league and they was scoring on them. Tough defense ain't nothing they haven't seen.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Warriors been missing open 3's for the past few series. Klay and Steph ain't been the splash brothers like normal.

And what do you mean actually they didn't? You said they didn't have open 3's but say the Warriors had wide open 3's ALSO which mean you acknowledge the Mavs had open 3's? Confusing.

They just stand around and shoot 3's? You think Jalen Brunson just sits there and shoot 3's? Come on man don't let this game fool you lol.
I just worded it wrong. Mavs had some open 3s but majority of their 3s were contested. My point was if GS hit their shots it would have been more of a blow out. Mavs are just Houston of a few years ago. Stand around and take 3s. Easy to guard. GS can get whatever they want as they showed…

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thing about GSW is if Curry and Clay aren't performing, there are like 4 other guys who can pick up the slack. Kerr running a tight ship over there.
That's how it be at home. On the road a different story. They gonna need Klay and Steph to do what they do on the road but shit Warriors a tough matchup. Poole can come off the bench and score, Porter can give them a few boards and some points, Wiggins and Draymon giving them some nice D and buckets. Now you got Looney contributing. Incredibly tough. You can typically tell how this series will go depending on how the 1st quarter goes. If the Mavs are bricking 3's like they did tonight that shit over....Warriors too deep to be playing around with.

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You noticed that too?

there absolutely is.

But FUCK
Moody and JK ain’t playing until next year…

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I just worded it wrong. Mavs had some open 3s but majority of their 3s were contested. My point was if GS hit their shots it would have been more of a blow out. Mavs are just Houston of a few years ago. Stand around and take 3s. Easy to guard. GS can get whatever they want as they showed…

Warriors shot 29 3's at 34%. A respectable number.
Mavs have hit more 3's than anyone in these playoffs and today they shot 11-48 lol. And it wasn't contested 3's I don't know what game you were watching lol. Mavs and Houston play nothing like Mavs actually play defense lol.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
He just took the rebounds others would've got. Draymon and Looney only had 14 rebounds together. So Steph got his flukey 12. I'd happily let him have 12 rebounds if he only put up 21 points and 4 assists. That's a winnable game.

It is NOT a winnable game lol
that is what effects the pace you talk about
if Steph gets the rebound he's GONE and that's ultimate stress on your defense because yall double him every chance you get
so we'll both take steph grabbing 12 boards

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I didn't see any special defense to stop Brunson and Dinwiddie. There's nothing they can really do to the stop them. And I don't mean they are unguardable I mean they can get whatever shot they want its just going to depend on their shot falling. That's it. They've shown it. Its easy to laugh at the Suns now but at the end of the day Bridges and Crowder are 2 of the better defenders in the league and they was scoring on them. Tough defense ain't nothing they haven't seen.

But the suns defense isnt' as good as our defense or as good as your defense