The Official 2023-2024 Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Terrible throw by Dobbs. Rudolph will take over as the 2nd QB.

JAzIZe.jpg

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Steelers announce Ray Sherman as interim wide receivers coach

The man who will officially step into Darryl Drake’s role for the 2019 season with the Steelers will be Ray Sherman.

Thursday morning the team announced Sherman, 67, will be its interim wide receivers coach in the wake of Drake’s death Aug. 11. Sherman had been with the team since the start of training camp as a coaching consultant, but JuJu Smith-Schuster said Wednesday that Sherman has been working with his position group the most in place of Drake.

“Ray’s experience and expertise is invaluable,” coach Mike Tomlin said after practice. “That’s one of the reasons why he went to camp with us. He was initially here with us as a visiting coach, which we do from time to time — guys with his type of experience that can sit back and watch us as we instruct so we can glean information about how to better do our jobs.”

Sherman began his NFL coaching career in 1988 with the Houston Oilers, and since then his stops have included a stint as Steelers offensive coordinator in 1998 under Bill Cowher and Vikings offensive coordinator the next year. His most recent full-time position was St. Louis Rams receivers coach from 2012-15.

As he adjusts to his new role, Sherman has not been made available for interviews yet, but Tomlin made it sound as if he was clearly the best option available in a difficult situation.

“Obviously, circumstances changed, and I’m glad he was available and familiar with us, and us with him,” Tomlin said. “We’re going to try to push forward. He’s going to put his hand in the pile and instruct our receivers, and we’re completely comfortable with his overall readiness and capabilities there.”

Over the years, Sherman has coached Dez Bryant in his rookie season, Terrell Owens in Dallas, Randy Moss and Cris Carter in Minnesota, and Jerry Rice in San Francisco.

Excellent move.

6U0m4M.jpg

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The Steelers defense looked solid for the most part
But the Steelers offense just threw a bunch of quick/short passes near the line of scrimmage
Then the stupid Titans safety fell for the same play twice
When he ran up & vacated the middle of the field, leaving shit wide open for the big play
We ain't scared of ya'll :yawn:
See ya week 3 #Go49ers :D

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
The Steelers defense looked solid for the most part
But the Steelers offense just threw a bunch of quick/short passes near the line of scrimmage
Then the stupid Titans safety fell for the same play twice
When he ran up & vacated the middle of the field, leaving shit wide open for the big play
We ain't scared of ya'll :yawn:
See ya week 3 #Go49ers :D
They not gonna show everything in week 3 of the preseason. Plus, you want to get the ball out of Ben's hands as quick as possible right now. Defense looked great with all starters out there minus Joe Haden plus Artie Burns didn't go for double fakes while in coverage. That's the most important thing I wanted to see. A few drops but it was raining real hard so no biggie. As solid of a performance in the preseason as you can get in my eyes. See you in week 3. :cheers:

sBK0cp.jpg

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Steelers Fans.....What say you.....
Antonio Brown's beef with Ben Roethlisberger was heated, sudden, and so avoidable

That wasn't a beef. He had no real issues with Ben. He only used that to get out of town so he could get another contract with more money upfront. Nigga not fooling anybody.

OT6eOW.jpg

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Joe Haden never wanted to leave the Steelers. His new contract fulfilled his wish

The Joe Haden contract extension was a long time coming. The Steelers and Haden’s agent had been discussing a new deal since late July.

It finally got done Sunday night, but it was much more than six weeks in the making.

For Haden, it was more like two years in the making.

From the time Haden signed with the Steelers two years ago — after enduring a terrible end to his seven-year tenure with the Cleveland Browns — his goal wasn’t simply to play out the three-year, $27 million deal he signed. It was to earn a second contract with the Steelers.

“When I came here, I didn’t think I was going to leave,” said Haden, who became available to the Steelers after the Browns released him a week before the 2017 season started. “I had two years to ball out and try to stay here as long as I can. I love Coach [Mike Tomlin]. I love the organization and the way they treat the vets. All we can do was go out and ball for them. When I did that deal I was expecting to be able to re-up here and stay here for a while.”

Haden got his wish. His new three-year contract will keep him in Pittsburgh through at least the 2021 season.

Haden, who turned 30 in April, feels so good health-wise right now that he laughed at the suggestion that this was his final NFL contract.

“Not even close,” he said. “It was a two-year deal. I still feel like I have some years left.”

After going to the Pro Bowl in 2013 and 2014, Haden missed 11 games in 2015 and had double sports hernia surgery. During rehabilitation from the injury he consulted with physical therapist Alex Skacel about how to regain his previous form. The meeting went to so well that Skacel continues to work for Haden even after he landed with the Steelers.

“That was really big,” Haden said. “That was when I was coming off double sports hernia surgeries. Being in the NFL as a receiver or corner, if you can’t run that’s going to be the first play out the door. So it helped my speed, my hamstrings, my groins. Four years ago was when I really started to take care of my body and be able to come into the season better than when I left.”

Haden missed five games with a fractured fibula in 2017, but he only missed one game a season ago. He said he feels better now than he did in his mid-20s.

The work off the field to better prepare his body paid off. If he plays out this contract, Haden will make more than money than Hall of Fame corner Champ Bailey and almost as much as future Hall of Famer Darrelle Revis.

He also is exactly where he wanted to be.

“I wanted to be here a lot,” he said.

Now that the contract is done, it’s full steam ahead to the regular season. The first game is six days away. It’s against New England, the defending Super Bowl champions.

Haden has only played the Patriots twice as a member of the Steelers, but both games were memorable. There was the infamous Jesse James game in 2017, a 27-24 loss that kept the Steelers from being the top seed in the AFC. Then there was the 17-10 victory in December at Heinz Field, a game Haden called his best game of the 2018 season. He had 12 tackles, two passes defended and an interception late in the game to help secure the victory.

“I know how this rivalry is,” Haden said. “It should be big. It will be good to see where we are to start off the season.”

Glad we gt him signed. Need to keep Hargrave next.

Q8XFY5.jpg

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Rudolph earns backup job

Second-year quarterback Mason Rudolph beat out Josh Dobbs for the backup job behind Ben Roethlisberger. Dobbs, a fourth-round pick in 2017, held the job a year ago.

Rudolph earned the job with a stellar preseason. He completed 65 percent of his passes and threw four touchdowns and only one interception.

He will get more snaps in practice both as the scout-team quarterback and the backup when Roethlisberger gets a day off. But other than that he said he always has tried to prepare the same way for games whether he was playing or not.

“I was the No. 3 going into my freshman year at Oklahoma State,” Rudolph said. “I tried to prepare like I was the starter. I didn’t really know how to prepare because that was my first year of big football outside of high school. It was a big year of learning. How do I go about my weekly process? Do I want to watch cut-ups? Do I want to watch full games? When do I want to meet with the coordinator? I got into a really good groove. I did that last year even though I was No. 3. I continued that, and I’m going to try to help the team in any way I can in the meeting room or practice field.”

If Ben goes down for a bit during the season I think Mason can take over the offense and keep us steady. Dude can play. Glad we kept Dobbs too.

OB1b3Q.jpg

Beeiii

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

steelers tried to run 5 wide on a 4th and 1 prayer:lol2::lol2:

and failed :roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2:

they will try anything when getting blow the fuck out......20-0 on primetime TV before halftime :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

AB="where JuJu at?":roflmao::roflmao:

Last edited:

HotNixon36

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Big Ben no longer has AB to bail him with those deep, floating passes.

All you have to do is double team JuJu and McDonald. Nobody else is scary.

Last edited: