The Importance of Salt & Water. For my health conscious BGOL Family. Thank me later.

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
I've been meaning to post this for

years now, since my brother put me

on to this video a few summers ago.

This lady is a Dr. and she is very

knowledgeable and knows her shit!

I've turned about 8 people onto this

since and 7 people still do this, daily!

The benefits are crazy!

I will post my experiences with this

in a later post.

For now, at least watch the 1st 15

minutes or so as she talks about

the salt and water. :cool:

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Most nukkas in the hood think they get their daily allowance of salt from the sand ninjas running "Detroit Fried Chicken" with their salty ass chicken minerals from their tap water at home …...

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Working for a professional sports team, has given me the opportunity to see how elite athletes train and fine tune their bodies. Salt is such a vital substance in their regimens that without it, IV's take their place.

Salt has crucial importance to hydration. Drinking water alone isn't enough.

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Working for a professional sports team, has given me the opportunity to see how elite athletes train and fine tune their bodies. Salt is such a vital substance in their regimens that without it, IV's take their place.

Salt has crucial importance to hydration. Drinking water alone isn't enough.
series question...those dudes lose a lot from working out the way they do. How does this apply to regular folk, who because of what's in our food are getting way more salt then we need?

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
series question...those dudes lose a lot from working out the way they do. How does this apply to regular folk, who because of what's in our food are getting way more salt then we need?

It's not about getting enough salt... we

as Americans get more than enough

of that already.

Its the minerals that we're missing

out on, that's in the sea salt.

Check out the video.

...table salt only has 2 minerals,

while Celtic sea salt has about 67

minerals that table salt doesn't.

Regular table salt and the salt that's

in our "food" is no good for you.

Put some Celtic sea salt in your

drinking water EVERYDAY and

your life will change. :cool:

Last edited:

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Great question.. it all depends on your dietary needs and exercise regimen really.

I'll use myself for example:

I eat almost NO SALT in my diet. Whether kosher, sea, or pink. I've never really cared for it too much, so for me, my salt levels were drastically sub par, regardless of the water I intake, which is far higher than the average joe. I still registered as "dehydrated." The right amount of salt helps the body retain water longer which is what one of the trainers told me after taking a sample of my blood.

So when the recommended daily amount sits at 2500mg of salt per day, my numbers were coming in at 7-800mg daily. Again, sub par. And it gets worse if I'm sweating. On a day I've been playing ball, I can lose upwards to 900mg in a one hour running session, which would lead to massive headaches because of my dehydration. I've since learned to cut back of my water intake slightly, and add more sodium to my diet. I reach for Queen Olives and Gatorades whenever I can. That helps keep my sodium levels balanced, and my hydration levels spot on. I no longer get dehydration headaches.

However for someone who downs fried chicken dipped in oil and throws table salt on everything, and doesn't move often, it differs. For them, they may be getting well over 2500mg of sodium which is grounds for High BP and other chronic illnesses, so they'd be advised to cut back because that style of intake and no outtake, know means your stock piling sodium. No bueno.

To sorta put it in perspective, one tablespoon of table salt is 2500mg. Some people are under that, there or well over it per day. So again, it all depends on what you're intaking, releasing through sweat, and adjusting accordingly to that.

Last edited:

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
Great question.. it all depends on your dietary needs and exercise regimen really.

I'll use myself for example:

I eat almost NO SALT in my diet. Whether kosher, sea, or pink. I've never really cared for it too much, so for me, my salt levels were drastically sub par, regardless of the water I intake, which is far higher than the average joe. I still registered as "dehydrated." The right amount of salt helps the body retain water longer which is what one of the trainers told me after taking a sample of my blood.

So when the recommended daily amount sits at 2500mg of salt per day, my numbers were coming in at 7-800mg daily. Again, sub par. And it gets worse if I'm sweating. On a day I've been playing ball, I can lose upwards to 900mg in a one hour running session, which would lead to massive headaches because of my dehydration. I've since learned to cut back of my water intake slightly, and add more sodium to my diet. I reach for Queen Olives and Gatorades whenever I can. That helps keep my sodium levels balanced, and my hydration levels spot on. I no longer get dehydration headaches.

However for someone who downs fried chicken dipped in oil and throws table salt on everything, and doesn't move often, it differs. For them, they may be getting well over 2500mg of sodium which is grounds for High BP and other chronic illnesses, so they'd be advised to cut back because that style of intake and no outtake, know means your stock piling sodium. No bueno.

To sorta put it in perspective, one tablespoon of table salt is 2500mg. Some people are under that, there or well over it per day. So again, it all depends on what you're intaking, releasing through sweat, and adjusting accordingly to that.

I urge everyone that is reading this

to put ground Celtic sea salt in your

salt shakers and get rid of your

Morton table salt.

It tastes better and your body

will thank you.

2Klub

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Been using sea salts & pink Himalayan salts to cook with for a while. You don’t need a lot and it kicks up the flavors.

I need to drink some water tonight, I’ll add some salts to it.

Also, this makes sense to me. Reminds me of when I was a boy scott at camp. Troop leaders thought I was dehydrated so they gave me water with salt and said it helps to rehydrate.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Friendly common sense reminder too ... if you're someone who drinks plenty of diuretics (i.e. - coffee & tea) ... you'll be voiding more ... so make sure you're replenishing with additional water intake. Especially during the spring and summer months. Watch out for concentrated urine which is a simple sign of dehydration. Careful with that midday heat ...

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
I need to drink some water tonight, I’ll add some salts to it.

Also, this makes sense to me. Reminds me of when I was a boy scott at camp. Troop leaders thought I was dehydrated so they gave me water with salt and said it helps to rehydrate.

If you do this everyday for a week, you'll

come back in here and tell a positive

story. :yes:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Funny side note ... cook with more herbs and spices. You're likely to drink more water as a result. Pops is big on that ... he flavors his stuff up & then reaches for more water. Also look to use more water-rich and nutrient-heavy veggies when making your dishes. Just Google those ones up. Good way to get additional water intake.

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
Funny side note ... cook with more herbs and spices. You're likely to drink more water as a result. Pops is big on that ... he flavors his stuff up & then reaches for more water. Also look to use more water-rich and nutrient-heavy veggies when making your dishes. Just Google those ones up. Good way to get additional water intake.

Truth! ^^^^^

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Are y’all sure about this? Salt leads to dehydration and high blood pressure which is why you can’t drink ocean water . You’ll end up killing yourself.

Unnecessary salt intake Isnt good. Salt is only added when you’re severely dehydrated and you get an IV. Not just random water drinking.

hajjibear

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This is crazy, I just took my daughter to her physical therapist for her acl recovery and they told me about this video. The therapist gave me the link and said it will help her with her muscle tightness since she is starting to play more. She said get the Celtic sea salt and take a pinch of it and let it dissolve on your tongue. She said don't just put it in the water because when it dissolves on your tongue it goes through your body and makes those organs absorb the minerals which helps the water go into the cells better. She said just putting it in the water just dilutes the salt.

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
Are y’all sure about this? Salt leads to dehydration and high blood pressure which is why you can’t drink ocean water . You’ll end up killing yourself.

Unnecessary salt intake Isnt good. Salt is only added when you’re severely dehydrated and you get an IV. Not just random water drinking.

Just check out the video.

This is old info.

Very health smart people have known

about this for a looong time!

5 or 10 years from now when everyone

is doing it, you'll say, "Damn...

CoTtOnMoUf said that shit way back

when and I didn't believe him." Lol. :cool:

Last edited:

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Fuck is you a doctor or something?

Talmbout a IV

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Good stuff. Thanks Cot. :cheers:

oY1JuS.jpg