Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Permanently Kill Spider Mites on Plants|| How to Identify + Debugging Treatment

madgoose

International
International Member
Permanently Kill Spider Mites on Plants|| How to Identify + Debugging Treatment

Nice one @Gemini, I'll take a looksee at this when I get home a little later. Those little fuckers have hit more for the third time this year.

For those of you that do not know about Spider Mites, growers refer to them as "The Borgs" because they are so difficult to eradicate.
hatch
Spider mites thrive in grow tents growing Ganja because the environmental parameters that we create are their perfect ecological requirements in terms of temperature, humidity etc.

Female Spider mites lay 100 eggs approximatley 75 are female and 25 male. They take 4 days to hatch and the juveniles are sexually mature in 4 days, who then go on to lay 100 eggs , which hatch in 4 days. These little fuckers grow expanantially and by the time you know you have them they are well and trully entrenched!

I previously and successfully used smoke bombs every 4 days for 2 weeks which contain Permethrin.

Pest Expert Flea Killer Smoke Bombs x 12 - Formula 'P' Pro Flea Fumers

Amazon product ASIN B0127QD8B2
and another product called Dynamec when things are really serious called Dynamec whcih is an "under the counter" product here in the UK.

Dynamec Acaricide/Insecticide 1lt

at £205.49 +VAT @20% per liter it aint cheap!!

Pimpslap Slim

The Villain
BGOL Investor
OG gangsta Gardner Melvin approves this thread.
melvin-look-at-you.gif

madgoose

International
International Member
1. It is only the H. macrophylla and H. serrata that do this
2. H. paniculata and H. arboescens will not change color with changes in pH.
soil that contains no aluminum, will never have blue flowers, no matter what the pH

Thank you @Gemini for taking the time to post this information, much appreciated.

I have been researching Hydrangeas for several years now, partly because my Mum grows them so I am able to have case studies but also because I was curious as to why they are able to change from pink to blue.

What I have read quickly in your post (I have not watched the videos yet) runs true to what I have found. I did not know that the colour change was limited to only some of the species, but I was aware that the acidity or alkalinity of the soil was what dominated the colour that the flowers bloomed in. Again, I was aware that Aluminium Salts were also a contributing factor to the colour of the blooms.

So why was I interested/concerned in why the plant was able to change the colour of its flowers?

I have always been interested in growing a purple coloured cannabis plant. Because of this, I researched what it was that made the flowers change colour. Hydrangeas are probably one of the most obvious plants to be able to do this, so I used them as my basis for the research. Quickly I learned about the pH of the soil/medium and the Aluminium Salts. On a trip to my local grow shop, I explained to them what I had discovered and we looked at the ingredients of many of the flower boosters on the shelves.

The only product which held claim to bringing out the purple in strains that already had the purple phenotype was "Purpinator". PH neutral with a pH of 6.0 and contains no Aluminium.

With what I have learned and with my limited experience the best natural way to bring out the colour in cannabis is to lower the nighttime/lights off temperature. Previous to this I would keep my nighttime/lights off temperature within a few degrees C of my daytime/ lights on phase. By keeping the nightime/lights off temperature so close it to the daytime/ lights on phase it promotes bushier plants with closer nodes and they experience less stretch during the first 2 weeks of the 12/12 lights phase. I also continue to use my metal halides durinng these first 2 weeks as the lack of red also lessens the "stretch". However, if you do try this method I would suggest turing on one high pressure sodium light for 30 minutes before the lights extiguish. The 30 minutes of the red spectrum that the plant recieved will help it "go to sleep quicker" enabling the plant to utilse more of the nightime/lights off phase.

For more information on this strategy research,
Emerson effect

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Grow Plants Indoors, Mistake-Proof, USING AI! Rise Garden at CES 2023

Rise Gardens launches smart hydroponic indoor garden at CES 2023

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Mission Fig harvest get protection from birds and squirrels more fruit sooner

I've been growing figs for about the last 7 or 8 years, so this vid really struck me. Its a real battle each season to save the fruit from all manner of vermin. I'll try this, but have read a bunch of other growers state that picking them early yields less than desirable results. I can second his endorsement of figs as one of the most wonderful fruits. If you can make room for a small fruit tree you aren't likely to be disappointed with these.

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I wanted to get a fruit tree last year. Crossed it out because of all the raccoons and possums ive been seeing. Those ugly fuckers been wreaking my neighbor's garden.

Those fuckers will be in my yard like this

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I wanted to get a fruit tree last year. Crossed it out because of all the raccoons and possums ive been seeing. Those ugly fuckers been wreaking my neighbor's garden.

Those fuckers will be in my yard like this

I see the occasional possum and raccoon, but I deal with chipmunks, squirrels and birds every single day, spring summer and fall.

Politic Negro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor