The Blast Effect: This is how bullets from an AR-15 blow the body apart

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
Ironically a lot of videos and articles like this neglect to point out that the bullet used is a .22 caliber round. It does damage because of its speed and kinetic energy. However it is not the overpowered rifle a lot of media and politicians portray it to be. In fact it's underpowered to where most states don't allow it for deer hunting. If most of these ppl who try to say using a hunting rifle for home protection is better actually knew just how much more powerful hunting rounds were they'd be amazed.

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Ironically a lot of videos and articles like this neglect to point out that the bullet used is a .22 caliber round. It does damage because of its speed and kinetic energy. However it is not the overpowered rifle a lot of media and politicians portray it to be. In fact it's underpowered to where most states don't allow it for deer hunting. If most of these ppl who try to say using a hunting rifle for home protection is better actually knew just how much more powerful hunting rounds were they'd be amazed.
School us all on what is much more powerful than ARs and their bullet caliber. What at home hunting rifles and etc. I hate hearing the bad and incorrect arguments when it comes to talking about ARs. As soon as the conversation starts to hear that the abbreviation stand for Assault Rifles leading to ban all assault rifles. It's disappointing. Politicians stay spreading misinformation.

Kingblackman

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Does it really matter is the end outcome is the same? It's still a devastating weapon.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
School us all on what is much more powerful than ARs and their bullet caliber. What at home hunting rifles and etc. I hate hearing the bad and incorrect arguments when it comes to talking about ARs. As soon as the conversation starts to hear that the abbreviation stand for Assault Rifles leading to ban all assault rifles. It's disappointing. Politicians stay spreading misinformation.
Your standard AR shoots .223/5.56 which is a 22 caliber bullet. Same size in diameter as a 22lr bullet that's typically used for small varmint like squirrels, raccoons,etc... It has more powder in it's cartridge allowing to travel faster and farther hence the kinetic energy and impact. However for larger animals like deer, the bullet is too small to do more than wound unless you have precise shot placement. That's why it's not allowed in most states for deer hunting. The round isn't strong enough to penetrate and take a deer down without multiple shots and ends up making the animal suffer as a result. Most hunters will use calibers like .308 or 30_06. Both are larger 30 caliber sized bullets that also travel much faster and further than a standard AR round.

Most people associate ARs with the term "assault weapon" based off aesthetics which have no bearing whatsoever on the ability of the firearm to fire. Good example is the type of gun that was just used in Tennessee which also happened to also have been used in the Chicago parade shooting. The Keltec Sub 2000 is a 9mm pistol caliber carbine. The only thing it has in common with an AR is that it has an M-Lok rail on the handguard (the area surrounding the barrel that has slots in it) which is used for mounting accessories like lights or grips for comfort. There are other rifles that use similar types of fittings that are not AR platform rifles but upon initial looks would immediately get called an AR style weapon.

Unfortunately a lot of information that is provided during the initial time frame around a shooting, is inaccurate and only piggybacks off the high emotions ppl have in reaction to a shooting. By the time, more information is received about the shooting and/or weapon type, ppl are already in their feelings and in some cases they don't even hear the updated information. And unfortunately these shootings also get politicized by both sides of the political line.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
Does it really matter is the end outcome is the same? It's still a devastating weapon.
Any gun is a devastating weapon. How it's used determines it's lethality. Most mass shootings are performed with handguns and pistol caliber weapons. There have been cases where 22lr guns were used to kill multiple people. Is a standard AR more powerful than a 22lr or 9mm pistol. Yes. But the numbers are still the numbers and the public is not being given that information in general.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
Sigh this is not COD where you’re walking/running through a home blasting folks. Rifles inside homes are cumbersome. You can depend your family with a handgun
I agree this is not COD. Many ppl think having a shotgun for home defense is the goto and most shotguns are more cumbersome to navigate around hallways and rooms than a rifle. Try picking up a broom and moving around without it smacking against a wall. Most of your shotguns are longer than a carbine length rifle. And most ppl underestimate how difficult it is to shoot pistol compared to a rifle as well. Slightest flinch with a pistol can be the difference between hitting center mass and being 3ft wide hitting an innocent bystander. Not saying it isn't possible to defend your family with a handgun but this is not COD or a movie/tv show. There's a reason why ppl own ARs for home defense.

Freakydieu

OG Lurker
BGOL Investor
IF she had a pistol she would have killed the same amount of people.

The Keltec Sub 2000 shoots a 9mm bullet. It is basically a 9mm pistol in an assault rifle frame for more accuracy.
The .223 bullet is under powered for a rifle bullet, and a hunter knows what the damage a higher powered bullet can do, it is eye opening. the .223 was desgine to wound and incapacitate the enemy by the way it tumbles on impact, higher calibers bullets will pass thru a person, if it not a center mass shot.

Last edited:

ZuluSam

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Your standard AR shoots .223/5.56 which is a 22 caliber bullet. Same size in diameter as a 22lr bullet that's typically used for small varmint like squirrels, raccoons,etc... It has more powder in it's cartridge allowing to travel faster and farther hence the kinetic energy and impact. However for larger animals like deer, the bullet is too small to do more than wound unless you have precise shot placement. That's why it's not allowed in most states for deer hunting. The round isn't strong enough to penetrate and take a deer down without multiple shots and ends up making the animal suffer as a result. Most hunters will use calibers like .308 or 30_06. Both are larger 30 caliber sized bullets that also travel much faster and further than a standard AR round.

Most people associate ARs with the term "assault weapon" based off aesthetics which have no bearing whatsoever on the ability of the firearm to fire. Good example is the type of gun that was just used in Tennessee which also happened to also have been used in the Chicago parade shooting. The Keltec Sub 2000 is a 9mm pistol caliber carbine. The only thing it has in common with an AR is that it has an M-Lok rail on the handguard (the area surrounding the barrel that has slots in it) which is used for mounting accessories like lights or grips for comfort. There are other rifles that use similar types of fittings that are not AR platform rifles but upon initial looks would immediately get called an AR style weapon.

Unfortunately a lot of information that is provided during the initial time frame around a shooting, is inaccurate and only piggybacks off the high emotions ppl have in reaction to a shooting. By the time, more information is received about the shooting and/or weapon type, ppl are already in their feelings and in some cases they don't even hear the updated information. And unfortunately these shootings also get politicized by both sides of the political line.

True statement....and for the record, for those people who think AR means 'assault rifle', it actually means Armalite, which is the company that created the design. It was the 15th design prototype that was put into production.....hence, AR 15.

People are deceived by the look. Last time I was at the range I was shooting my M&P 15 which is an AR style rifle while the guy next to me was shooting a rifle chambered in .300 blackout and my shit sounded like a pop gun next to a cannon. But his rifle had the typical hunting rifle style so it wouldn't be banned under an AR rifle ban.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
True statement....and for the record, for those people who think AR means 'assault rifle', it actually means Armalite, which is the company that created the design. It was the 15th design prototype that was put into production.....hence, AR 15.

People are deceived by the look. Last time I was at the range I was shooting my M&P 15 which is an AR style rifle while the guy next to me was shooting a rifle chambered in .300 blackout and my shit sounded like a pop gun next to a cannon. But his rifle had the typical hunting rifle style so it wouldn't be banned under an AR rifle ban.
That person probably had a muzzle brake and you were getting the blast waves directed at you from it.

For those unfamiliar, 300 Blackout is a 30 caliber round that can be used on an AR if you replace the barrel. It's better suited for hunting than standard AR rounds but is a bigger bullet. It just lacks the speed of the larger rifles used for hunting to be as effective. 300 Blackout is best used on hog sized animals and varmint. Otherwise it's an excellent option for home defense because it can be suppressed. I have an AR & bolt-action both chambered in 300 Blackout.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
That person probably had a muzzle brake and you were getting the blast waves directed at you from it.

For those unfamiliar, 300 Blackout is a 30 caliber round that can be used on an AR if you replace the barrel. It's better suited for hunting than standard AR rounds but is a bigger bullet. It just lacks the speed of the larger rifles used for hunting to be as effective. 300 Blackout is best used on hog sized animals and varmint. Otherwise it's an excellent option for home defense because it can be suppressed. I have an AR & bolt-action both chambered in 300 Blackout.

Bro you gotta understand to the average person especially parent all this stuff is irrelevant.

They just want this to stop.

I swear if someone with your intelligence delivery and actually empathy to all parties spoke out in a public forum I think it would make a tangible difference.

Because it would expose opportunists liars and the ignorant.

Actually now that I think about?

They would ALL agree on one thing.

You too dangerous to have around because your exposing the faults on all sides.

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
I'm not.watching that . I got the buffalo victims on my mind. That shit was terrible.. I'm not.against having access to guns without restrictions or regulations because that's what republicans innflorids are pushing for but I think assault weapons should be banned. Civilians having weapons meant for war is overkill.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
Bro you gotta understand to the average person especially parent all this stuff is irrelevant.

They just want this to stop.

I swear if someone with your intelligence delivery and actually empathy to all parties spoke out in a public forum I think it would make a tangible difference.

Because it would expose opportunists liars and the ignorant.

Actually now that I think about?

They would ALL agree on one thing.

You too dangerous to have around because your exposing the faults on all sides.
Bro I'm all about people being made aware of the correct information so they can make I formed decisions on their stances as opposed to being swayed in particular directions by others with alterior motives and agendas. I can care less if a person is pro or anti-gun. Just be properly informed.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Bro I'm all about people being made aware of the correct information so they can make I formed decisions on their stances as opposed to being swayed in particular directions by others with alterior motives and agendas. I can care less if a person is pro or anti-gun. Just be properly informed.

That's why you to dangerous to be given a large platform.

But if I had one?

Mos definitely you would be given all the time you wanted.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
I'm not.watching that . I got the buffalo victims on my mind. That shit was terrible.. I'm not.against having access to guns without restrictions or regulations because that's what republicans innflorids are pushing for but I think assault weapons should be banned. Civilians having weapons meant for war is overkill.
You may not realize it but you're actually contradicting yourself by repeating the rhetoric that is constantly heard from politicians. The term assault weapon in itself is a propaganda tool because every firearm in itself is an assault weapon because of its capability. Then the term weapon of war is also a propaganda tool especially when the AR platform itself hasn't been used in any war but there plenty of firearms like 1911 pistols, and rifles that shoot 30_06 that have been used in wars but aren't labeled as such. And as I pointed out in earlier posts in this thread, many civilians own weapons that are far more powerful than any AR but the general public is being led to believe otherwise.

Now I don't say any of this to come at you in any negative way and I hope you don't take it as such. I do understand you feeling the way you do cuz of the damage that has been done to these innocent people. I'm just very passionate about my people being made aware of inaccurate information being given to them and sharing the knowledge I've acquired over these past few years to not only change the narrative that's been engrained into our people but to also help us break the cycle of not doing our own due diligence.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
That's why you to dangerous to be given a large platform.

But if I had one?

Mos definitely you would be given all the time you wanted.
Well I am a member of the National African American Gun Association and run the virtual chapter for North Carolina. Little by little we try to spread knowledge to our people so that they can become responsible gun owners who understand the importance and significance that comes with firearms in our community

doe moe

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Can I get a list of the top 3 best weapons for home defense?
I keep this by my bed at night. (my exact AR style gun for home defense)

.300 BLK Out with subsonic ammo.

springfield-armory-saint-victor-9-brl-30rd-stv909300b-sba3.jpg

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Well I am a member of the National African American Gun Association and run the virtual chapter for North Carolina. Little by little we try to spread knowledge to our people so that they can become responsible gun owners who understand the importance and significance that comes with firearms in our community

You know any black gun instructors in the Charlotte area?

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
Can I get a list of the top 3 best weapons for home defense?
There really is no top three that applies across the board. The best suggestion I can give is to know the layout of your home, the immediate surrounding area and people who'd be affected. Develop a game plan unique to that and then you can start looking into firearm types that fit the bill. A shotgun might work in some scenarios where others would make a shotgun a terrible choice. Same can be said for rifles as well. The only firearm type that's a must is a pistol as it can be used as a primary weapon or a secondary meant to buy you time to get to your primary as well as buy time to reload your primary. The pistol size and type will be up to you based on comfort in manipulation and usage