The Avengers Endgame is going to be 3 and a half hours?!?!? FOH

mexico

Rising Star
Registered
giphy.gif

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
Falling asleep during a event like Avengers Endgame is old nigga shit
You can stay awake in a dark room with recliners for 4 hours? You a vampire?

I feel both of these. Staying awake while I'm reclined and in a dark room is tough and I can do it on any movie. But doing it during g movies like this also makes me feel old as fuck and I'm in my late 20's lol

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
3 1/2 hrs.
Yeah, and....? o_O

The Godfather
- 2hr. 55min.
The Godfather: Part 2- 3hrs 22min.
Shindler's List- 3hrs. 15min.
Titanic- 3hrs. 14min.
Gone with the Wind- 3hrs. 58min.
Cleopatra (1963)- 3hrs. 12min.
The Ten Commandments (1956)- 3hrs. 40min.
Malcolm X- 3hrs. 22min.

Unlike ANY of the above listed films; Endgame is the conclusion of a 10 year series of films who's success has NEVER before been seen.
After all; it took the Star Wars film franchise 11 films and over 40 years to match what Marvel has done in 10.

So, yeah.
People invested in The Marvel film franchises WILL happily sit for a 3hr 30min Endgame film if it gives them the ending they love and deserve. :D
Shit, they'll also buy the Blu-ray with 2 1/2 hrs additional footage and features when that comes out... :yes:

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor
3+ hours???... obviously you haven't sat through any of the Lord of the Rings movies or their extended versions...
The LOTR joints was the funnest three year stretch of movie theater viewing for me...

I once binged all three extended joints on a Saturday afternoon/evening. Smh....loved those films.

mexico

Rising Star
Registered
3 1/2 hrs.
Yeah, and....? o_O

People invested in The Marvel film franchises WILL happily sit for a 3hr 30min Endgame film if it gives them the ending they love and deserve. :D
Shit, they'll also buy the Blu-ray with 2 1/2 hrs additional footage and features when that comes out... :yes:

Not for nothing , but the posted link has the running time at 182 minutes, which is 3 hours and 2 minutes... not the 3 1/2 stated in the thread title. And ten minutes of that is going to be credits.

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not for nothing , but the posted link has the running time at 182 minutes, which is 3 hours and 2 minutes... not the 3 1/2 stated in the thread title. And ten minutes of that is going to be credits.
Agreed.
I see the length of time the film actually will be.
But as I pointed out, the fans will sit through a 3 1/2hrs movie plus buy a Blu-ray with 2 1/2 hrs deleted scenes and additional footage because they love the franchise so much... :yes:

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Back in the day they would have a intermission at the halfway mark which would be 1:30 into the flick.

mexico

Rising Star
Registered
Being a comic book film, you have to include the end credits due to the after credit scenes....

True, but even with that, and after all these years, most of the motherfuckers (at least when I go), still hit them exits when the credits roll.

Last one I went to where the majority of folks stayed through the last credits was Infinity War ironically enough. And that was a midnight showing on opening weekend so there was nothing but hardcores in there.

biggboye5000

Rising Star
Registered
The LOTR joints was the funnest three year stretch of movie theater viewing for me...

I once binged all three extended joints on a Saturday afternoon/evening. Smh....loved those films.

That's why Netflix or at least TV gives you way more room to tell way more story. Can you imagine if they tried to squeeze classic epic novel type stories like for instance say "The Wire" into a 3 or even 4 hour film? If the writing is top notch you are so embroiled into the story and so involved and riveted you don't even notice or do any fidgeting or clock watching. Stuff like this is definitely for movie or film buffs or hardcore fans of whatever the genre may happen to be.

DjMorpheus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My problem will be holding my piss. I take a diuretic for my blood pressure. I may just take a 3 mile run that afternoon so i can sweat the moisture out my body so i wont have to piss once the film starts

Man big bucket of popcorn...during a fight scene do ya thang. Slide it under the seat in front. Probly gon smell a lil bit but you won't miss nothin tho.

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man big bucket of popcorn...during a fight scene do ya thang. Slide it under the seat in front. Probly gon smell a lil bit but you won't miss nothin tho.

The theater i go to has recliners, can't slide shit under them seats. Ima just have to make sure to piss before it starts.