The 4 Big Money Certifications No One Is Talking About

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
Just learning the differences between the job titles to be honest
looking to become a cloud engineer or SysOps administrator.
i'm fascinated by the idea of programming (DevOps) but not sure what i would do with it
What is a good entry point?
I asked because the field is huge. Picking up certs is all good and dandy, but without a target, you could be wasting time and money (if coming out of pocket).

IMO, cloud is hot, so AWS/Azure certs are what happening right now. DevOps is cool for large companies with budgets, but I also see a bigger shift into more COTS (commercial off the shelf) software. Companies are dialing back budgets, so they don't have to maintain the backends themselves. Same with Cyber Security - consolidation into SOCs are on the rise. Software defined networking is also a hot buzzword in corporate. If I were on a quest to learn, personally, I'd tackle pentesting or container security. BTW, SysAdmins are overworked.

kdogg3270

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I asked because the field is huge. Picking up certs is all good and dandy, but without a target, you could be wasting time and money (if coming out of pocket).

IMO, cloud is hot, so AWS/Azure certs are what happening right now. DevOps is cool for large companies with budgets, but I also see a bigger shift into more COTS (commercial off the shelf) software. Companies are dialing back budgets, so they don't have to maintain the backends themselves. Same with Cyber Security - consolidation into SOCs are on the rise. Software defined networking is also a hot buzzword in corporate. If I were on a quest to learn, personally, I'd tackle pentesting or container security. BTW, SysAdmins are overworked.
thanks for everything you typed.
makes my decision making a lot easier
AWS solutions architect is my likely next cert (how similar is cloud practitioner to the comptia Cloud+?)
i'm likely to go the engineer route, but was intrigued by the other job titles.
your answers gave me some clarity
props

d-weezy

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Passed my AZ-900 last month for Azure Fundamentals.
Doing hands on labs and watching the test dumps on Youtube as I'm halfway through the course on MS website.
Looking towards getting my AZ-104 which is the Azure Administrator Associate cert by the end of the year.

I want to get an admin job in 2023 which in the DC area would at least get me 95k in a Jr position and a lot of them are at least half remote as I would need to be on premises for any hardware issues in the datacenters.

kdogg3270

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Passed my AZ-900 last month for Azure Fundamentals.
Doing hands on labs and watching the test dumps on Youtube as I'm halfway through the course on MS website.
Looking towards getting my AZ-104 which is the Azure Administrator Associate cert by the end of the year.

I want to get an admin job in 2023 which in the DC area would at least get me 95k in a Jr position and a lot of them are at least half remote as I would need to be on premises for any hardware issues in the datacenters.
good stuff.

kdogg3270

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
just passed the AWS cloud practitioner tonight
glad it's behind me now
learning all their terminology and weird ass names was giving me a headache
the solutions architect is more role-based, and though it's supposed to be harder, should actually be easier to ME.

HellBoy

Platinum Member
glad it's behind me now
the solutions architect is more role-based, and though it's supposed to be harder, should actually be easier to ME.
Fantastic. The Azure test is pretty much the same, just with different names they call stuff.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
https://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=5dbf1589f11e2f46&tk

Though it has VP in the title, it's an engineer job
(in finance they give most VP as a title).
i noticed this.
one of my jobs is with a banking institution......and i noticed that a lot of my colleagues had VP in their signatures and whatnot......or if i looked them up in Skype, they would have it in their titles. I'm was like damn......i work with a lot of Vice Presidents on my team.....lol.
But you're right..........all of those on my team, whether it be IAM Security Engineering, Infrastructure Engineering or Cybersecurity Engineering,....they all had that VP added in their titles.

Big Tex

Earth is round..gravity is real
BGOL Investor
glad it's behind me now

Congrats.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
glad it's behind me now

Good shit homie!

CybaCipha

Rising Star
Platinum Member
QUESTION FOR MY TECH HEADS:
Who do you guys recommend for Career coaching, Resume re-write, linked in update etc?

I'm retiring in 5 years I want to maximize my options and go out making 250k - 300k

kdogg3270

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Fantastic. The Azure test is pretty much the same, just with different names they call stuff.
so glad to be done with it to be honest.
fuck the names, can you actually do the job function or not, I say.
the solutions architect is a deeper dive that focuses on actually DOING and CONFIGURING stuff.
i'm liking it so far.

Pipe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I had actually been teaching desktop/systems/network administration for free for years and put a few brothers with no prior experience into I.T. positions and now they have full careers. Somebody had done the same thing for me, so I been paying it forward and the guys that I taught have done the same thing. I am thinking about starting up a new class early in the year on Discord after I finish getting my MS Azure and Dell Cloud Architect certs. If I do I'll let y'all know and anyone who wants to jump in can PM me.

kdogg3270

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I had actually been teaching desktop/systems/network administration for free for years and put a few brothers with no prior experience into I.T. positions and now they have full careers. Somebody had done the same thing for me, so I been paying it forward and the guys that I taught have done the same thing. I am thinking about starting up a new class early in the year on Discord after I finish getting my MS Azure and Dell Cloud Architect certs. If I do I'll let y'all know and anyone who wants to jump in can PM me.
love reading posts like this
props

HellBoy

Platinum Member
Love it.

Another brother @RimRod did the same thing here. He taught a CCNA course.

kdogg3270

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
would anybody happen to have the .vce exam simulation (braindump) for the AWS Solutions architect exam? The 002 version was replaced on the 29th august with version 003. Examcollections only has one version with 7 questions on it. thanks in advance.

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just learning the differences between the job titles to be honest
looking to become a cloud engineer or SysOps administrator.
i'm fascinated by the idea of programming (DevOps) but not sure what i would do with it
What is a good entry point?

I'm in IT (QA Analyst/Automation)
Looking to different paths
Thought I'd post will prob attent this conference

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
manufacturing but soon to retire.

You can always get into the lowest-level of IT and get your foot in the door by working a help desk because the pay is low and the turnover rate is high. Coming from manufacturing, and if you prefer hands-on work, you may want to look into technician-level positions or networking.

But what do you want to do in IT?

Backshot Bully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You can always get into the lowest-level of IT and get your foot in the door by working a help desk because the pay is low and the turnover rate is high. Coming from manufacturing, and if you prefer hands-on work, you may want to look into technician-level positions or networking.

But what do you want to do in IT?
was thinking about aws or cyber security. hands on might be cool never thought of it

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
5 tech roles employers are hiring for right now.
20 January 2023
Five In-Demand Technology and IT Jobs | Randstad USA

Tech layoffs may be in the news right now, but demand for top IT talent remains strong. Read our round-up of five hot technology jobs, and find out what’s driving demand for each.

The technology sector hit the headlines in 2022 for a series of high-profile layoffs, yet certain tech jobs are now hotter than ever. Here’s a rundown of five tech positions businesses can’t seem to hire quickly enough, plus some thoughts on why demand is outstripping supply.

1. data scientist
Relatively speaking, as job titles go, this one’s in its infancy. But demand for data scientists is soaring, and it has even been dubbed the “sexiest job of the 21st century.” Even if The Economist’s declaration that “data is the new oil” has been widely debated, few would question the centrality of data to modern life — nor its potential, when converted from its raw state, to release valuable information, identify trends and provide actionable insights. It is estimated that by 2025, 70 percent of companies will switch to a more data-driven decision-making model.

2. cloud architect
Increasingly, businesses need people with their heads in the cloud. Forecasters predict a 20 percent rise worldwide in cloud spending in 2023. Whether an organization is hiring someone to oversee initial cloud adoption or the ongoing management of a network, the skill set they're looking for is similar. It revolves around architecting cloud-based solutions and ensuring they meet needs in a well-organized, up-to-date and cyber-secure way. Adding to the demand for cloud architects is the fact that cloud computing looks set to be the enabler for next-big-thing tech like artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML).

3. devops engineer
DevOps engineers focus on boosting productivity in the workplace by developing, launching and maintaining software and systems that align with business goals. As well as fluency in programming languages — and in-depth knowledge of IT infrastructure and systems — DevOps engineers also need a head for business and the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with various teams across the organization. No wonder it’s one of the most sought-after roles right now, with one report finding a 443 percent rise in DevOps job postings in the US.

4. web developer
A website needs to look good, load fast, be user-friendly and work across different devices. It might incorporate e-commerce, chatbots, forms or interactive technologies. For all that to go live you need a web developer — someone fluent in programming languages who can translate the design and functionality requirements into code. More businesses than ever want a web presence, so quantity is one driver of demand for web developers. But complexity is another: web pages are evolving to become ever more dynamic, and the skills to deliver innovation in this field are also highly prized.

5. systems analyst
Systems analysts make sure the tech matches the business, using a suite of skills including IT know-how, critical thinking, problem-solving, communication and project management. This could mean being a change-maker in an organization, training and onboarding staff with new systems, or it could be a question of systems enhancement and maintenance. Organizations know that there are significant productivity and efficiency gains to be made by using the right software and engaging with organizational IT change, and systems analysts are the tech pros for the job.

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

if you’re after a career in technology, you don’t have to flee west. In fact, California doesn’t even rank among the top three U.S. states for tech careers.

Top-Ranking States for Tech Careers​

1. Washington, D.C.
  2. Colorado
  3. Washington
  4. California
  5. Virginia

Worst States for Tech Careers​

• Indiana
  • Montana
  • North Dakota
  • Mississippi
  • Louisiana

Last edited:

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

if you’re after a career in technology, you don’t have to flee west. In fact, California doesn’t even rank among the top three U.S. states for tech careers.

Top-Ranking States for Tech Careers​

1. Washington, D.C.
  2. Colorado
  3. Washington
  4. California
  5. Virginia

Worst States for Tech Careers​

• Indiana
  • Montana
  • North Dakota
  • Mississippi
  • Louisiana

Not surprised with DC with all the federal agencies and tech companies that work with them...

mailboxpimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Very interesting