That's another one. 55 year old NJ man dies in the Dominican Republic

Mack1052

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
https://abc7ny.com/nj-man-is-8th-tourist-to-die-on-vacation-in-dominican-republic/5350197/

Man from New Jersey is 8th tourist to die while on vacation in Dominican Republic
5350203_061719-wabc-joseph-allen-img.jpg

Updated 37 minutes ago
AVENEL, New Jersey -- A State Department official confirms the death of another American tourist in the Dominican Republic last week, the eighth to die while on vacationin that country since last year.

Joseph Allen, 55, of Avenel, New Jersey, was found dead in his hotel room at Terra Linda in Sosua on the morning of June 13, his sister confirmed to ABC.

In a phone interview, Jamie Reed told ABC her brother was vacationing with friends to celebrate a friend's birthday.

Friends told Reed that Allen "complained about being hot at the pool. He said he was going to his room to take a shower. When his friends came back, he said he wasn't feeling 100% again, and said he was going to lie down for the night. The next morning his friend said he hadn't heard from Joe before breakfast, so he knocked on his door and there was no response."

That's when the friend said he called down to the hotel front desk for a wellness check.

"They found him on the floor," Reed said. "He had been there for a while. Rigor mortis had set in, and he was cold."

She described her brother as "for the most part healthy" with no pertinent health issues.

Allen was a frequent tourist to the area, visiting multiple times a year. His sister says she didn't think much about his trip, despite the recent deaths.

"We didn't think anything of it, because he does this all the time," she said.

Reed says Allen's son, Amir Allen, was en route at the time of his death to spend Father's Day with his dad. He landed to news of his father's death.

Joseph Allen's body was identified by passport.

Allen's family wants his body sent back to the United States as soon as possible, but she was told by the funeral home they have to embalm his body after the autopsy.

"I just don't want them to suppress anything, especially with them embalming the body," Reed said. "We want answers. We've reached out to everybody, including Senator (Robert) Menendez to try to get some help from anyone."

She described resistance, though.

"Our hands are tied," she said. "My brother's Muslim. So many things are supposed to take place. We can't even give him a proper burial."

Reed says she is speaking out because she doesn't want this to happen to any other family.

"The families need answers," she said. "We deserve answers...My brother was my best friend. I spoke to him every day. This is killing me."

POSTERBOY

Young OG
Platinum Member

$moneyPit$

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Especially if he's going several times a year.
I know various people that go often and they tell me how some of them dudes be wilding... Nigs don't be understanding the danger of penis pills... Shits can give you a heart attack or stroke... People don't realize how many people have died using them shits... Than popping them and drinking not a good mix

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
Reed says Allen's son, Amir Allen, was en route at the time of his death to spend Father's Day with his dad. He landed to news of his father's death.

horrible shit...RIP

I haven’t been in ages but these stories coming out all of a sudden...shit is scary

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
That Mamajuana is suspect too. I tried it twice and immediately had headaches twice.

not to be harsh but given his size/age...he could’ve just as easily died back home...might’ve just happened to be on vacation when time ran out...only reason this is being publicized is bcuz it’s the DR and the string of seemingly random deaths that have been occurring there

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Thank you for a respectful response

No doubt. Life is short, and it's always tough reading about people passing away young & well before their time.

Talking to my coworker ... she lost her dad last year, and uncle a few weeks ago. Talked to my dad's gf yesterday ... 2 of her closest friends lost their husbands in recent weeks. Including one who passed on Saturday. It just puts things into perspective.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
horrible shit...RIP

I haven’t been in ages but these stories coming out all of a sudden...shit is scary

Yeah man - the news definitely hasn't been good in recent weeks. Been to Mexico a few times in recent years, and had a talk with my brother about his wildin' out ways. Told him he needs to be more careful. Drinking and partying ... walking around late at night in areas he's unfamiliar with ... meeting up with chicks on Tinder and whatnot. Partying with locals and fellow tourists at bars and clubs, I'm like "man, be careful ... you're coming in at 3am hammered ... you're setting yourself up as an easy target ... especially when you're drinking in the afternoon ... at dinner ... latenight ..."

LSN

Phat booty lover.
BGOL Investor
Yeah man - the news definitely hasn't been good in recent weeks. Been to Mexico a few times in recent years, and had a talk with my brother about his wildin' out ways. Told him he needs to be more careful. Drinking and partying ... walking around late at night in areas he's unfamiliar with ... meeting up with chicks on Tinder and whatnot. Partying with locals and fellow tourists at bars and clubs, I'm like "man, be careful ... you're coming in at 3am hammered ... you're setting yourself up as an easy target ... especially when you're drinking in the afternoon ... at dinner ... latenight ..."

ya it’s hard to temper yourself in that environment...I can’t speak to his activities but sosua is 1000% a party town

fourthstbully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This the first death I've seen on the sosua side. Like everyone else said, dude might not have been in the best of health and partied too hard. Sosua can do that to you if you not ready.
Mamajuana is my shit btw.

Reactions: LSN

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
ya it’s hard to temper yourself in that environment...I can’t speak to his activities but sosua is 1000% a party town

Agreed. Like I was telling my bro' ... you have to adjust to the climate/weather too. Coming from a colder North American climate (2nd week of December) just prior to winter season ... then you're in the heat. Careful with that drinking and dehydration. Especially when you're out midday and afternoon beforehand ... and then out latenight too. It catches up to you. Even in your 30s.

Reactions: LSN

PJN

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Methinks there’s something more sinister going on than tainted drink. Why is it only Americans? Someone got fed up with his/her experience in this country and decided to target mofos.