Teen girl who had phone confiscated, burns down school dormitory......19 dead

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wont be long before some shit like this happens in the states.............................except instead of having a cigarette lighter and gasoline......she'll have an AR-15

• A teenager is accused of setting a fire that killed 19 fellow students in Guyana, officials said.
  • She was angry that her phone was taken away as punishment for seeing an older man, police said.
  • Doors had been locked overnight to prevent girls from sneaking out, according to the fire service.
A dormitory blaze that killed 19 children in Guyana was set by a teenage student who was upset that her cellphone had been taken away, officials say.

The fire broke out at the Mahdia Secondary School in the South American country late on Sunday. A statement from the Guyana Fire and Rescue Service said the blaze was "maliciously set."

National Security Adviser Gerald Gouveia told the Associated Press that the suspect in the incident, a pupil at the school, was accused of setting the dorm on fire after being disciplined for having a liaison with an older man.

"A female student is suspected of having set the devastating fire because her cellular phone was taken away by the dorm mother and a teacher," Mark Ramotar, Guyana Police's communications chief, said in a statement seen by the local news outlet Stabroek News.

The AP reported that the dormitory had been locked to stop the girls from sneaking out at night.

Gouveia told the AP that the house mother had been asleep inside the building and panicked when she could not find the keys to unlock the doors. She made it out but "lost her five-year-old child in the fire," he said.

When firefighters arrived, the wood-and-concrete building that housed the 57 children was "engulfed in flames," the fire service said.

The building's windows were heavily barred and five doors were locked, it added.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Another case where "I didn't mean to" won't cut it.

19 people are dead because you got mad.

Might as well say 20 cause her life that she got mad over is done as well or should be.

Journey

Rising Star
Registered
These are reasons why I'm glad I don't have children. I can't image what the parents are going through and what those girls trapped inside who subsequently died were going through.

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member
Rest-In-Peace.gif

fu2

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
To me the bigger concern isn't the girl's phone. It's the fact that the doors were locked and windows barred so no one could escape. If that were to happen in the States, the school wouldn't exist the next week from lawsuits and arrests.

In the world of mass shootings, this was a horrible decision. Hell, it's why Mr Clark got arrested.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm glad I was on the begining of that smart phone shit where BlackBerry was king and nothing like it is now.Texting,two-ways,chirp phones,flip phones and the start of CandyCrush.Shit wasn't in full swing like it is now.

Now it's everything cause of the internet and people go to the extremes for it,when all it is is just a phone....there's real shit going on in the world.My kid doesn't have one and I'll hold off until I can't...nigga going to be 25yr without a phone

• Haha
Reactions: PJN

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Tragic.
Across all lines.
RIP to all the deceased young people.
And may God have mercy on the soul of the accused...
:sad:

Last edited:

M.H.C.

BGOL Investor
Doors locked?? That shit wild.

These gotdamn phones man. Mf’s act like they can’t breathe without em’.

Da Backshot Champ

Rising Star
Registered
"The AP reported that the dormitory had been locked to stop the girls from sneaking out at night."

Is this some type of hoe reform school? Sounds like the bitches are in there cock craving so bad they were howling at the moon.

You know the type of bitches to suck your dick right out of the socket with their rabid dick loving mouths.

fu2

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wont be long before some shit like this happens in the states.............................except instead of having a cigarette lighter and gasoline......she'll have an AR-15

• A teenager is accused of setting a fire that killed 19 fellow students in Guyana, officials said.
  • She was angry that her phone was taken away as punishment for seeing an older man, police said.
  • Doors had been locked overnight to prevent girls from sneaking out, according to the fire service.
A dormitory blaze that killed 19 children in Guyana was set by a teenage student who was upset that her cellphone had been taken away, officials say.

The fire broke out at the Mahdia Secondary School in the South American country late on Sunday. A statement from the Guyana Fire and Rescue Service said the blaze was "maliciously set."

National Security Adviser Gerald Gouveia told the Associated Press that the suspect in the incident, a pupil at the school, was accused of setting the dorm on fire after being disciplined for having a liaison with an older man.

"A female student is suspected of having set the devastating fire because her cellular phone was taken away by the dorm mother and a teacher," Mark Ramotar, Guyana Police's communications chief, said in a statement seen by the local news outlet Stabroek News.

The AP reported that the dormitory had been locked to stop the girls from sneaking out at night.

Gouveia told the AP that the house mother had been asleep inside the building and panicked when she could not find the keys to unlock the doors. She made it out but "lost her five-year-old child in the fire," he said.

When firefighters arrived, the wood-and-concrete building that housed the 57 children was "engulfed in flames," the fire service said.

The building's windows were heavily barred and five doors were locked, it added.
Just read the full article from AP.
  1. They going to hold her in juvi until an adult (makes sense)
  2. They charging the guy who the girl was communicating with of statutory rape because she under 1 ( I wander how old he is. Could make sense unless he near her age and he catching a stray bullet)
  3. No talk of charges for the house mom who locked them in there (makes 0 sense)
  4. She made it out but not her 5 year old (makes 0 sense)
  5. The residents in the area were trying to put it out themselves instead of calling the fire department while the building was fully engulfed (makes 0 sense)

Just sad all the way around