Students at Harvard University are petitioning to have the degrees of alumni who supported Trump revoked

GAMETHEORY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why is it stupid? They dont want fascists to represent their school, and this has literally been going on for centuries. in the 1820's when Harvard gave Andrew Jackson an honorary degree their alumni protested because of what he represented. Its a school tradition to attempt to self correct.

Harvard is built on its reputation for greatness. Trumper grads hurt that reputation.

sammyjax

Grand Puba of Science
Platinum Member
Why is it stupid? They dont want fascists to represent their school, and this has literally been going on for centuries. in the 1820's when Harvard gave Andrew Jackson an honorary degree their alumni protested because of what he represented. Its a school tradition to attempt to self correct.

Harvard is built on its reputation for greatness. Trumper grads hurt that reputation.
/thread

Walter Panov

Rising Star
Registered

Fax

peterlongshort

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Me watching white liberals cannibalize each other:

bf4PFMe.gif

Jp45

Rising Star
Registered

Its stupid because the degree was earned, not given as an honorary appointment. To me this whole shit is absurd. What niggas should be focusing on is getting them disbarred. If Trump is guilty of insurrection then the same should go for Cruz, etc. get them convicted on that, have them disbarred and removed from the senate. That makes more sense than some nonsense about revoking his degree.

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member

]

It's stupid because he earned that degree.
Just because you don't agree with someone's political track record, does not give you the right to take away their degree.
The university could easily issue a statement saying that they denounce his actions and wish to distance themselves from his ideology and those who support it.

Until irrefutable proof is produced showing he was part of the planning and had advance knowledge of an insurrection by extremists, then there's nothing here.

Imagine MLK having his doctorate stripped away from him by Harvard during the 60s because his views and actions led to marches and civil unrest.

Lastly, I am not a Trump supporter, nor am I a Cruz cheerleader, I am someone who choses reason and logic over politically bending my ass over just so that liberals can have their way.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
Cancel culture and extreme liberals are getting out of hand. They earned their degrees. That's it.

Some of y'all won't get it until things get so out of hand that it effects you. One day they are going to say that, saying African American is offensive because it disenfranchises other people of color particularly African immigrants. Sounds crazy?? Not really.

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
Cancel culture and extreme liberals are getting out of hand. They earned their degrees. That's it.

Some of y'all won't get it until things get so out of hand that it effects you. One day they are going to say that, saying African American is offensive because it disenfranchises other people of color particularly African immigrants. Sounds crazy?? Not really.

You get it, bruh.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
]

It's stupid because he earned that degree.
Just because you don't agree with someone's political track record, does not give you the right to take away their degree.
The university could easily issue a statement saying that they denounce his actions and wish to distance themselves from his ideology and those who support it.

Until irrefutable proof is produced showing he was part of the planning and had advance knowledge of an insurrection by extremists, then there's nothing here.

Imagine MLK having his doctorate stripped away from him by Harvard during the 60s because his views and actions led to marches and civil unrest.

Lastly, I am not a Trump supporter, nor am I a Cruz cheerleader, I am someone who choses reason and logic over politically bending my ass over just so that liberals can have their way.

you know that is interesting

I agree with you

but there IS historical precedent here for actions like this

you mentioned Dr. King

but they stripped Dr. Cosby of a lot of accolades and didn't give ONE CENT of the money he donated back.

Look what the government did to Jessie Owens after the Olympics just to name one off the top of my head?

They (the American Government) have STRIPPED Black folk of what they have well EARNED from day one and they were NOT TRAITORS TO THE FLAG

there was a time felons couldn't vote, isn't that their EARNED RIGHT AS AMERICANS?

they even trying to take Trump SAG card away!

who you support PUBLICLY and LOUDLY DOES reflect on YOU

how do feel about the athletes and celebrities who accepted presidential medals from Trump?

should't THEY be held accountable?

this was AFTER THE SIEGE ON THE CAPITAL...

Again I agree with your overall premise if you EARNED something you shouldn't LOSE it

but I would need to really think more on "EARNED".

but off jump?

You f*cked with Trump?

Much like Stalin Hitler Mussolini etc

I'm on scorched earth time.

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor

Difference between an honorary degree and one you actually earn, though.

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Its stupid because the degree was earned, not given as an honorary appointment. To me this whole shit is absurd. What niggas should be focusing on is getting them disbarred. If Trump is guilty of insurrection then the same should go for Cruz, etc. get them convicted on that, have them disbarred and removed from the senate. That makes more sense than some nonsense about revoking his degree.
stfu penis puller.... you're too much of a fag to even post under your real board name instead of one of a hunnid made up ones.... :hmm:

it’s a lotta bitch ass niggas in this thread
Including you queen ass troll.....you been busy as shit today..... 281 messages in 12 hours if you stayed up alllll night.... change ur name to "STD"

Last seen 3 minutes ago · Viewing thread Joe Biden is now POTUS
Messages281

Last edited:

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The fuckin funny shit is ted cruz represents the fuckin racist fake cubans in miami,

all that racist shit he built his career on came back to kick his ass..

in awesome karmic fashion...

He revealed himself to be the biggest pussy ever, he had to kiss the ass of the man that dissed his wife,

help protect them man that dissed his wife, and now his whole political future got

shot in the head, by the man that dissed his wife...

he walking around here with NO balls.... LOL how could his wife even look at his ass after that....

thats a big sign for all them racist fake as cubans in miami they better see the writing on the wall...

actually its a sign for racist fucktards and thier coons everywhere.....karma is here and you are about to feel it..

LOL

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor

Good point, especially since lawyers are supposed to adhere to a standard of ethics. But this assumes that the ones like Cruz who have law degrees actually practice law. Plenty of people have JDs but have never taken the bar exam or practiced law.

Especially not these days! @KingTaharqa

Jp45

Rising Star
Registered
stfu penis puller.... you're too much of a fag to even post under your real board name instead of one of a hunnid made up ones.... :hmm:

Including you queen ass troll.....you been busy as shit today..... 281 messages in 12 hours if you stayed up alllll night.... change ur name to "STD"

Last seen 3 minutes ago · Viewing thread Joe Biden is now POTUS
Messages281

Nobody is checking for you homie. You’re a walking joke. Regardless of what you say, not one vet will vouch for you. NOT ONE. All you do is point out niggas join dates but you’ve been here forever and have zero respect from everyone. Everyone knows you’re an unstable gay bitch

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Why should it stop? Recently, you have been railing against
"liberals". Do you think you are some sort of conservative??

Sit down and talk to Michael Steel or General Colin Powell
so that, perhaps, they can disabuse you of these illusions
that these cacs would ever think of you differently from any
other non-white person

4 years ago, you supported Trump. During this election season
you were completely absent, and did not participate in Spectrum's
650+ page Joe Biden thread.

Starting about a week ago, you have re-emerged to plant threads
that are always critical to Joe Biden.

Why?

This is our day to celebrate; can we have a couple of hours to
be happy???

Can you come back another time? You can always shed your tears
for Trump in few weeks or months. It does not have to be today.
This troll smelled the other troll in here and thought that it was mating season.....fucking NatGeo/Wild Kingdom all up in here
:lol: :lol: :lol:

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Nobody is checking for you homie. You’re a walking joke. Regardless of what you say, not one vet will vouch for you. NOT ONE. All you do is point out niggas join dates but you’ve been here forever and have zero respect from everyone. Everyone knows you’re an unstable gay bitch
blah, blah, blah Aaaaand you're a face down pillow biting joke.... gay troll... coming into threads with multiple user names to circle jerk yourself.... loads of board respect for you.... brand fucking new.... yet supposedly each new name knows everything about everyone.....tina
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
Every point that you try.... to make .... can be said with 1000% legitimacy about you..... the truth hurts huh Thelma....project much ......ho????

sidebar: you stay clowning yourself

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

If a doctor gets their medical license revoked for malpractice is that not also taking something from them that they earned?

You seem to not understand that a degree from Harvard is a privilege one is granted, not something they have a birthright to even if they completed the coursework for it. Its all about the legacy.